JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there was a website to convince people to NOT sign those petitions, and we could pass out small flyers with a few ideas why people should not sign, and a link to the website, would that do some good? Can people write short, correct arguments that would convince normal non-activist people to not sign? I know a website maker.

Politicians use polls of a few hundred to a thousand to determine the views of the whole nation. This report summarizes the thoughts of 15,000 police officers. They don't think gun control and magazine laws deter crime. If police officers don't think they work, why should petitions or politicians punish innocent people with them? A symbolic move?

mag ban.JPG

Public can get the signature sheets online now. <----------------------------

1. Safer Owners – achieved by requiring anyone buying a gun to have a Permit-to-Purchase 2. Permits-to-Purchase will require: (a) a completed background check – no loopholes; and (b) both classroom and live-fire training. 3. Safer Firearms – achieved by restricting future sale and manufacture of ammunition magazines to no more than 10 rounds. 4. Exceptions: (a) future manufacture of magazines will require they be stamped as made after the effective date and their use will be limited to military and law enforcement; and (b) large-capacity magazines owned on the effective date of the Act may be retained and used on a restricted basis, but not sold/transferred.

1. The future manufacture, import, possession, use, purchase and otherwise transferring of "semiautomatic assault firearms" (as defined in the Act) are banned. 2. Those owned prior to the effective date of the Act must, within 180 days, be sold to licensed dealers, turned in for destruction, permanently disabled or, if retained, then registered with the State Police. 3. The retained firearms are restricted to use at home, shooting ranges, shooting competitions and some outdoor recreational activities such as hunting, provided they are unloaded and locked when being transported. 4. Exceptions exist for manufacturing and sales solely for military and law enforcement purposes.

Yeah, this is coming like a freight train hot off the heels of the WA mag ban, however, the difference here is that the people of Oregon will vote on it. This will all depend on what the ballot title will be. If it's just "ban of assault weapons and gun safety measures" it'll pass with flying colors and most semi autos will be banned.

Yeah, this is coming like a freight train hot off the heels of the WA mag ban, however, the difference here is that the people of Oregon will vote on it. This will all depend on what the ballot title will be. If it's just "ban of assault weapons and gun safety measures" it'll pass with flying colors and most semi autos will be banned.
The titles were approved last November:
17 is the "Reduction of Gun Violence Act"/"Requires permit to acquire firearms; police maintain permit/firearm database; criminally prohibits certain ammunition magazines"
18 is the "Reduction of Harm from Weapons Act"/"Prohibits manufacturing/ possessing/ transferring many semiautomatic firearms; criminal penalties; exceptions require firearm registration, restrict use"

I didn't know classroom instruction and proof of competency were required to exercise a civil right…

Perhaps similar restrictions need to be placed on all civil rights. Prove competency before you are "permitted" to exercise them…

:s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054:

I didn't know classroom instruction and proof of competency were required to exercise a civil right…

Perhaps similar restrictions need to be placed on all civil rights. Prove competency before you are "permitted" to exercise them…

Actually, phuck 'em all, turn honest gun owners into criminals and maybe they'll begin behaving like criminals…

I say the powers that be need to be careful what they ask for…

Did they say how many signatures they have already gathered? I have been putting together a list of reasons not to sign to post on a website and hand out flyers, but I have lots of other obligations too. Need a sense of a timeline.

In Portland, it's the same situation with first amendment rights: in order to hold a public gathering you must obtain a permit. In the case of the Proud Boys it was denied, supposedly due to COVID. Bubblegum the Proud Boys but I wholeheartedly will fight for your right to free speech. Once you're denied that it's a slippery slope for everyone.

17 and 18 fully endorsed by Ceasefire Oregon.

More from them below...

Affordable and effective technology exists today that would improve safety standards for guns and gun ownership. This includes:

• A microstamped code on each bullet that links it to a specific gun 26
  • Magazine disconnect mechanisms (MDM) that prevent a gun from loading a bullet in the chamber 27
  • Loaded chamber indicator (LCI or CLI) to show that bullets are still in the gun 28
  • "Smart guns" with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) or biometric recognition (fingerprint) capability. 29
Banning assault rifles like the AR 15 and high-capacity magazines that hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition will greatly reduce death and injury.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top