JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After he shot and killed the massive Elk, the hunter hooked it up to his ATV to drag it out. However, the load proved to be too much for the ATV, and it flipped over, causing him to fall back down upon the Elk's Antlers, impaling him.

Looks like this Elk got some revenge, even long after he was dead.

Bend hunter impaled by elk's antler in Maury Mountains

21475221-mmmain.jpg

Ok after looking at the picture, I see the problem. Having killed my share of elk and having used a quad to get some of them out, his mistake was tying the rope to the back of his machine, when dragging a heavy object, like an elk, tie the rope or run your winch line under your machine from the front to the back, then connect your load to the rope, that way as you pull, the weight of the animal will pull down on the front of your machine, instead of lifting the front end as you pull, like it does if you connect to the back end.

A lot of farmers found this out the hard way.

View attachment 322062
View attachment 322063

I did that, I was about 14, we were skidding a log with too short chain in some snowy ground...trying to get it up a slight hill. I had full throttle in low, released the clutch and she started coming up. Dad yelled at me to put in the clutch, I stabbed a couple of times with my foot, missed and at 90 degrees I bailed. The tractor went all the way over. I thought my dad was going to turn the air blue, and I thought had I killed the tractor for good... I rolled away and I hear this quiet voice..."Are you OK son?" I didn't realize how close I had come to buying the farm. My dad was white as a sheet.

We spent plenty of quality time together that winter with me helping him rebuild the tractor.:(

Brutus Out

Wow unlucky for sure!

I was involved in an incident once. A buddy and I were out leeching around a lake ( we had a permit to harvest and sell) on my farm and we were walking on the floating bog around the lake. We were walking on planks we laid out, he slipped and down he went, screaming in pain. He said something poked me in the butt hole..:eek:. and it hurts bad. He tried moving and the small 5" long iron wood branch broke off. It ended up being about 3/4" diameter and real sharp on one end. :(Yah it was horrid.. he was bleeding like a stuck pig. I ripped my shirt off and applied it. He was partway under water and clinging to the plank. He wouldn't let me move him up out of the water. So he just held my shirt in place with his free hand.
I ran like the wind up to the house to call the fire department. Then had to wait because we were a good 1/3 of a mile behind the house in the woods. I ended up putting a note on the door and grabbed my shotgun and a box of shells and went back out to my buddy. When I heard the sirens I waited till I could hear them coming closer and they heard my shots from my shotgun so they would know the direction to head in on foot.
We got him up out of the water and then over to the edge and they call life light in. He had lost allot of blood. And it had been about 45 minutes. I lived up near the Canadian boarder and they flew him down to Bemidji and got him stabilized and then on down to the twin cities.

Sometimes weird accidents happen!

That killed my Uncle Geoff back in 1964.

tac

I don't like the fact you lost your uncle that way.
I liked the fact you brought attention to this potential. ;)

Yes. Dead animals can bite back.
When I was a kid I killed hundreds of rattlesnakes. It's just what I did.

One day I was twirling a dead one around to give it a toss.
You guessed it. Hooked a fang right into my hand. Man that stung! :eek:
Even without injecting any venom.

Last Edited:
My son is a paramedic and had a call a couple years ago to go to the police station next door. For some reason this criminal had decided to jump the fence into the secure area where the cars were and they took criminals into the station.

Well in the process of trying to jump over this fence, ( into,not out of the secure area) which was a wrought iron with these rounded points on top, this moron manage to impale his nut sack on one of these fence spikes. They did not even need the pager tap out, they heard this dude scream from inside the station bunkhouse asleep at 0230.

They went over there and ended up taking the cut off saw and hacking the fence post off and transporting this dude with this wrought iron spike hanging out of his nut sack, and let the ER doc deal with it. I saw the pictures of the extraction and the ER pictures later. It looked extremely painful.

I saw first hand what razor wire will do to a homeless guy stoned out of his mind after he tried climbing an 8' fence topped with it after drinking used dry cleaning fluid stored behind a dry cleaner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top