JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On top of the $20 an hour they make holding cardboard signs on freeway exit ramps.
I've seen many documentary shows about fake beggars etc, that I can't trust anyone anymore, as I feel I'm enabling the scammers and fakers out there who take advantage of compassion that many naturally have.

Also as a side note, as many here know, you can't tax compassion out of people, it comes from within for those who tell me I need to be more compassionate when these freeloader provisions come along the legislative pipelines.

Makes total sense. I mean, they need to keep providing the derelicts downtown with a hot meal, digs, and clean, fresh, free syringes and someone has to pay for it.

Taxing better than average firearms is wrong. That is not what has me concerned the most, however, when reading this gibberish. Check out their plan to track all your purchases under K for "jewelry." Does that mean all these transaction records will become available to the public or be used without controls? I bet it is applied to all categories they want a piece of the pie from and in the case of firearms, after the malefactors realize who is recently well-stocked in their armory Salem will have a red flag to flutter in your direction. It seems to be this is as much an attack on cash transactions as intelligence.

(F) Civil aircraft with a retail sales price greater than $ ;
(G) A firearm with a retail sales price greater than $ ;
(H) An electronic device with a retail sales price greater than $ ;
(I) A handbag with a retail sales price greater than $ ;
(J) Any item of clothing with a retail sales price greater than $ ; or
(K)(i) An item or items of jewelry purchased in a single transaction with a total retail sales price greater than $ ; or (ii) Items of jewelry that are designed to be worn together but are purchased in separate transactions with a total aggregate sales price greater than $ . (b) "Taxable luxury goods" does not mean property that is purchased

Nothing good comes from handouts.
This is an excellent point, this just adds another to layer of official documentation to track firearms purchases/ownership. No doubt this would make the enforcement or abuse of Red Flag laws that much easier! Sad all around…

A Luxury tax while using tax money on silly studies and grants like Oregon did about 4 years ago. Kids up to their 21st (or maybe 25th) birthday got housing and money. They didn't have to go to school, get a job or drug test. It was an experiment in mental stress. Were they happier without the bandage of responsibility.

The 3% sales tax bill (HB 4079) was scheduled for a public hearing on Tuesday February 8th. Early testimony submitted online showed an avalanche of opposition (a campaign the Taxpayers Association of Oregon help mobilize). Then suddenly without warning the tax bill gets pulled from the hearing before the hearing starts. This is a huge victory for taxpayers fighting against a big 3% sales tax HB 4079.
This is important because the 3% sales tax would have paid for free monthly checks (via debit cards) to the homeless and people under the poverty level. The idea is often called Universal Basic Income and is being experimented and already implemented in a handful of other places in America. Politicians are intoxicated with the idea of just writing no-strings attached checks to people as a new form of welfare. Why bother with accountability or details when you can just dump money on people faster and easier. This is why this 3% sales tax must be stopped.

Glad it was pulled from the hearing.

These f***ers are always probing the defenses, see what they can get away with.

They know its an important election year. Guaranteed after they declare victory over the virus at the State of the Union all the other blue states out there lift their mask mandates too.

I hope people will remember when they vote.

This is all the same beat, despite the change in tune! OryGun has always demanded a sales tax, and when the voters keep telling them Phuck No, they pull stunts like this! OryGun has always pushed super hard toward a sales tax, and every time they loose, we get more taxes on everything else, it's the OryGun Democraps way, punish us for not voting in a tax, and then steal all that money so we can have fancy schmancy art sculptures all over the place!

I love how they want to tax civil aircraft, like there is a sudden rush of aircraft purchases here, but I guess they found out I own two, so I gotta be taxed accordingly, after all, who needs two? I beat them to the punch, as a "First Responder" using my aircraft for Search and Rescue with the local Sheriff's office, the state can go suck a big bag of dicks, cant tax Emergency Equipment!

Well this Robin Hood idea the "rich" are obligated to open their wallets to the State (ostensibly on behalf of the people) is nonsense. Most of the rich people I know are already writing fat checks to charity every year. If you tax them they're not going to swallow that. They're just going to reduce the amount they give elsewhere.

I'm glad it's gone, for now. Oregon is quickly becoming the least desirable state in the union to live.

I'm glad it's gone, for now. Oregon is quickly becoming the least desirable state in the union to live.
Weird how that worked out. In 2004 I wanted to move to Portland, which seemed like a great place, but settled on Seattle where I had a job offer. My perception is that Portland is worse than Seattle at this point. The whole west coast is now a pile of dicks. But think about the bright side - at least none of us live in New Jersey.

Weird how that worked out. In 2004 I wanted to move to Portland, which seemed like a great place, but settled on Seattle where I had a job offer. My perception is that Portland is worse than Seattle at this point. The whole west coast is now a pile of dicks. But think about the bright side - at least none of us live in New Jersey.
I spent 14 years in Puget Sound and worked in south Seattle. It used to be a cool city. Now just another sewer. Sad.

I spent 14 years in Puget Sound and worked in south Seattle. It used to be a cool city. Now just another sewer. Sad.
Used to roll up there for all the food rock concerts ( Oregon couldn't book anyone worth anything) or a game, we would party all weekend long up in Ballard, then drive home Sunday night and be back in school Monday all hungover! You could walk around any part of the city with out much to fear, and it was awesome! Same with Potland, there were very few places you couldn't/shouldn't go! Look at them both now, what absolute sh!t holes! Even San Fran was nice back then, you stayed out of certain parts and certain bars and it was all good, not any more!
Hell, we partied all up and down the wet coast, Phoenix was worse then any except maybe L.A, and only certain parts! Now, it's all gone to sh!t! Texas here we come, boot scootin all the way!

I used to really like Seattle. I was even a season ticket holder for the Mariners (1/3). No real worries of crime or anything. Homeless were around but nowhere close to today. Police actually enforced laws and it showed.

I love how they want to tax civil aircraft, like there is a sudden rush of aircraft purchases here, but I guess they found out I own two, so I gotta be taxed accordingly, after all, who needs two? I beat them to the punch, as a "First Responder" using my aircraft for Search and Rescue with the local Sheriff's office, the state can go suck a big bag of dicks, cant tax Emergency Equipment!
Two? I can understand two guns, unless something has happened, you've got two hands. But two planes, you can only fly one at a time :s0002:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews