JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to start supporting an Oregon 2A group. Does anyone have feedback on Oregon Firearms Federation or Oregon State Shooting Association? They are probably both doing good work, but is there much to differentiate them? Any factors to help me choose when I can support only one?

OSSA is the state arm of the NRA. Some of us won't support that until WLP is fired. They hold some safety classes etc but when the 554 "Safe Storage" act was in play, all they did was host a few workshops to try to get people to write Legislators. ILA didn't show as far as I know.

OFF... go read some past threads AFAIK there was something about the leader. He did go to Salem to testify, but did or said something elsewhere that caused people to be peeved.

OFF lead by Kevin Starrett. I've seen him testify and make commitments in Salem. It's probably part of the game because the system limits us. Maybe he is more effective than it appears. He is factually correct and shows up. Other groups, not so much.

I have spoke to democrat law makers, Bonamici and Wyden. They say they talk to experts and are very fair. But they are also at home events preaching to the choir.

Giving funds and support to groups is great, but our situation hasn't got better. OFF has issues but who else is consistently there, at least for Oregon?

OFF is always in the fight, see for example:
And much more importantly:

Any political action organization is going to have issues, and most of them are going to have more "failures" than successes; the nature of such organizations implies that they are fighting something that is already happening (or else why would they exist?) That being said, most pro-2A organizations are worth supporting despite their issues. I don't think any harm would be done in supporting either the OFF or OSSA!

Does anyone have feedback on Oregon Gun Owners?

Which of OFF, OGO, or OSSA is most active in Salem? Who has the greatest membership or clout?

Are there any other state advocacy groups?

Thanks again.

OSSA is the state arm of the NRA. Some of us won't support that until WLP is fired. They hold some safety classes etc but when the 554 "Safe Storage" act was in play, all they did was host a few workshops to try to get people to write Legislators. ILA didn't show as far as I know.

OFF... go read some past threads AFAIK there was something about the leader. He did go to Salem to testify, but did or said something elsewhere that caused people to be peeved.

That SOB, WLP just got re-elected, too! :rolleyes:

Dig around about OFF before you make your decisions, Kevin Sterret was a member here for a while and was a pretty vocal personality in Salem, but he went off the rails, got lying about some really big stuff, and instead of backing off and admitting his faults, doubled down on the ranting and raving to try and drum up more support, and lost a YUGE chunk of it, and in the process, got banned from here and a bunch of folks who had supported them got super pissed off, rightly so!

I have spoke to democrat law makers, Bonamici and Wyden. They say they talk to experts and are very fair. But they are also at home events preaching to the choir.
Translation of "Experts".

*Local admin level police spokesmen concerned with keeping their current jobs or in advancement
*The Center for Disease Control
*The National Lawyers Guild
*ACLU
*Michael Bloomberg
*The Democratic National Party
*George Soros

Apologies @nwslopoke ..I couldn't resist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top