JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of recommendations. Judcary Commttee members, especialy the Chair, in both the House and Senate are important as they determine if the bill is to be considered or will die in committee. Don't forget to send letters to the speakers, and the majority and minority leaders. Listen to yesterdays debate to get a feel for the talking points of Ceasefire Oregon so your letters can negate their arguments. Here's a link to the recording: <broken link removed>. Regardless of his or her stance on the issue, include your representatives.

nilknarf wrote:

It's not possible. Are you one of those who would suggest we "take away everyone's guns" or limit evil magazine capacity under the delusion that we'll all be safer that way? Benjamin Franklin had it right when he said "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

It's not a free society's job to "separate" any two groups - we're each responsible for our own conduct. If someone else violates "the law of the land", there should be reasonable and commensurate penalties which should be severe enough to deter would-be criminals. Your statement suggests that no one can be trusted to do the right thing, so we need to strip away everyone's 2A rights?? If that happens, which rights are you prepared to surrender next?

Boy you sure mis-read that.

yeh, after I re-read it, I thought I might have... thus my apology! There were bits in that post that I did want to put out "to the universe", so I just changed the idiotic parts. I promise to read a little slower, type a little slower, think a little harder and simmer down in the future. It seems that these days, the whole personal responsibility angle is the perspective that seems to have gotten lost, and I guess I was a little overly sensitive.

Glad to know we're still on the same team!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top