JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like Oregon has been taking some cues from Washington State. Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere. I try to email my reps once every couple of weeks just because of all the action with gun ban bills lately.

Oregon legislature has given up on the "assault weapons" ban and the "high capacity magazine" ban. They are still trying to pass a restriction preventing CHL holders from bringing guns to the state capital building and "most schools." They also are pressing for universal background checks.

Oregon Firearms Federation
Massive Gun Ban Introduced

"This bill bans most modern firearms and magazines, requires that you register the ONE gun you will be allowed to own and allows for warrantless searches of your home. This may be one of the most extreme anti-gun bills introduced in the nation."

Massive Gun Ban Introduced - Oregon Firearms Federation

Did you actually read what is proposed or just quote what someone else said? I read the whole thing and it doesnt ban most modern firearms and magazines it is mostly an assault rifle and large cap magazine ban. There are no warrantless searches of your home, if you choose to keep the large cap mags or assault rifle then you must meet certain guidlines including an inspection of your secure storage. I would suggest reading what is being introduced and forming your own opinion and argument rather than believing what someone else says.
Don't get me wrong I dont agree with what is being proposed, I just tire of people spreading rumors and overexagerating just to get people all riled up.

I need to go buy all the ammo and reloading components I can, right now. Oh crap, too late.

It does not say what is claimed it says, and it will never pass.

Oregon legislature has given up on the "assault weapons" ban and the "high capacity magazine" ban. They are still trying to pass a restriction preventing CHL holders from bringing guns to the state capital building and "most schools." They also are pressing for universal background checks.

That was Wednesday. Today is Friday and its deja vu all over again.

HB 3200 was introduced in the Oregon House in the last 48 hours. Try to keep up please.

E

Did you actually read what is proposed or just quote what someone else said? I read the whole thing and it doesnt ban most modern firearms and magazines it is mostly an assault rifle and large cap magazine ban. There are no warrantless searches of your home, if you choose to keep the large cap mags or assault rifle then you must meet certain guidlines including an inspection of your secure storage. I would suggest reading what is being introduced and forming your own opinion and argument rather than believing what someone else says.
Don't get me wrong I dont agree with what is being proposed, I just tire of people spreading rumors and overexagerating just to get people all riled up.

New member with two posts defending an AWB?

TROLL

Scout, any such infringement is far to much, whether it's assault weapons, high caps magazines or other and to even consider capitulating is a long step in the wrong direction. I may be reading between the lines regarding your post Scout, but do you believe for one second that it will stop there? World history has taught us otherwise my friend.

I will go out on a limb here and state that I 'personally' believe in background checks for private sells and do use an FFL dealer when transferring a weapon to an unknown individual. Why? to insure that I'm not committing a felony by selling a weapon to someone who is prevented from owning one in the first place. That is the only form of gun control that I will cede, and thats something I choose to do.

In Chicago, 82% of all gun related homicides are committed by gang members in a 7% section of the city, yet ALL denizens of this town are subjected to some of the harshest measures in the USA. They know who's doing it and where their doing it, but rather than enforcing those laws already on the books they enact penalties upon honest citizens as a feel good measure, makes sense doesn't it? Now if you wish to call that spreading rumors or exaggerating than so be it, but that the reality of it. I'm not picking at you in particular, only the idea that a little bit is OK.

Then you must have missed this part: "(b) Allow an inspector from the department to inspect the
storage of assault weapons and large capacity magazines to ensure
compliance with this subsection;"

The HTML text of the bill from the OR legislature web site is at <broken link removed> If you want to really know what's in it, take the time to read the whole thing. Some of the context is difficult because it sometimes refers to already existing statute, but you can get the gist.

It's basically a confiscation bill, with a bunch of hoops and red tape if you are already in possession and want to keep it.

It is probably the worst piece of legislation I have every read in my life and any legislator that supports it should be recalled and prohibited from every holding *any* public office. (And preferably, prohibited from breeding).

elsie

Why is this different than what the folks here have been saying it is?

Back to your hole, mole.

Keith

Did you actually read what is proposed or just quote what someone else said? I would suggest reading what is being introduced and forming your own opinion and argument rather than believing what someone else says.

I copied and re-posted the ALERT I received from OFF Oregon Firearms Federation quoting the exact text sent to me by the organization that was right above the links. Earlier when I clicked on the links within the email a webpage opened up that was an Error Message with nothing showing of the page it was linked to. This was the return address in the email to me:
[email protected]; on behalf of; Oregon Firearms <[email protected]>

In Chicago, 82% of all gun related homicides are committed by gang members in a 7% section of the city, yet ALL denizens of this town are subjected to some of the harshest measures in the USA. They know who's doing it and where their doing it, but rather than enforcing those laws already on the books they enact penalties upon honest citizens as a feel good measure, makes sense doesn't it? Now if you wish to call that spreading rumors or exaggerating than so be it, but that the reality of it.

There was a study done of men in prison for their second (2nd) violent offense. People (men) can make a one-time mistake, do something stupid and end up in prison. A second conviction shows a pattern of behavior. Among those men in prison for a 2nd violent conviction, 85% shared one thing in common: they grew up without a father in their lives. Children and especially boys need the father figure in their lives despite what the radical feminists claim. Boys without fathers have a far higher probability of dropping out of school, joining gangs, becoming a criminal, and committing suicide. Girls without dads suffer too but not quite as much. 70% of black women are single. In the inner cities it is a recipe for disaster. I'm a supporter of the men's rights movement and am aware of how modern America has had a cultural war against men being masculine and for valuing fathers in the family unit for the past 45 years.

CascadeSam, every word you posted is true and rings as a good root cause analysis. The problem is that it's not politically correct to point such truths out, nor is it handy as an argument to dismantle the second amendment. Why address the issues at hand when they can use current events to their advantage? Remember the words of the now Governor of that city "Never let a good crises go to waist", sound familiar?

salmonriverjohn,

Completely agree. The social engineers and their supporters who aspire to create a police-nanny NWO elitist state ruling over the American sheeple aren't concerned about the real problems or roots of the surface level problems until they have enough control and influence to re-build society in their ideological vision. Government offers creates or colludes with others to create problems and grow them and then has the nerve to propose bigger government influence to solve those same problems.

By creating divorce and /or child support laws that favor women while discriminating against men it has created a motivation or encouragement for women to seek divorce. It plays off the classic 'divide and conquer' strategy of Machiavelli with the mother getting the kids (94% of the time) and the father being banished to financial serf land. It is easier for government, Hillary's Village, to control people and propose itself as the needed solution. Two separate homes means more consumer product sales and two adults working which benefits those seeking more tax revenue, etc.

Ironically, despite all the achievements women have supposedly won on paper such as many now having advanced degrees, their own businesses and houses, wealth, financial independence, etc every single happiness survey for women since the early '70s has tracked them as being increasingly unhappy and unfulfilled in life. Ironically, men despite all the emotional abused and attacks from all the various national cultural institutions with laws and practices that openly discriminate against men are now more fulfilled and happier than before when men were traditionally limited and pressured into the roles of being provider and protector.

Don't just sit around and complain. Let your representatives know what you think and show them that you will not stand for this crap.

Even better, reach out to all of your like minded buddies and pester them to speak up too. Tell them to get their other buddies to do the same.

OFF has an automailer that makes it easy to do. Use it or not. But don't sit around and cry about your lost rights if you didn't do anything to stop it. Be courageous, Be strong and do something. For my brothers and sisters out there already speaking up... Keep up the good work.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top