JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently moved from Oregon to Washington and was a bit confused how I would renew my Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

I wasn't sure if I would have to apply as a New License or Address Change. Answer: Address Change.

Don't let your license expire, if it is going to expire before you establish residency in Washington, renew before you move. This way it doesn't expire during that first 6 months while you establish residency.

Its super easy, fill out the application for an address change, along with the fee, you can mail this in. Multnomah County let me walk it in and issued me a paper license with Washington address on the spot.

You must be a Washington resident for 6 months and have a valid Washington Drivers License before submitting the paperwork.

Alternatively, you can apply for a renewal, this must be in person but they only charge you the renewal fee instead of address change + renewal, and you walk out the same day with a paper permit until your permanent arrives.

Last Edited:
I also believe (but check to be sure) that Utah permits are still valid for Washington. If you have Oregon and Utah (updating addresses of course) you should still be legal.
:)IFo_O you are a washington resident,nothing but the Washington permit works.
If you say that you are not a resident yet and the Utah permit should work until your 6 months runs out,while you are living in WA,expect the LEO to write you up
Unless you live in a gun friendly county,don't expect too much leeway.

Yeah just don't let it lapse. Renew before it runs out, and always make sure your DL has your correct address.

I made the mistake of letting my oregon expire. Went in a month late. Really wasn't a big deal i thought I would have to do the process all over but they let me renew and I had to wait for about 3-4 weeks until I got my new one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top