JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
To everyone here doing good work spreading the word.

Make sure you are telling people to get registered to vote by Oct 18th. That's the 21 calendar day deadline to be able to actually vote on Nov 8th. Ballots begin shipping Oct 19th for all registered voters.

No sense in putting in all this work and forgetting to get people signed up to actually vote. They don't have to be in a party, non affiliated will suffice to cast a vote.

We need everyone whose gotten a pamphlet or flyer to go here and sign up. Takes all of 5mins and you'll even get a card in the mail confirming your status.

Last Edited:
I have a new PDF of good talking points against 114. PM me with your email address and I will send it. Then print off and/or take to printers for multiple copies. Then hand them out and put them on windshields in parking lots. The people who prefer to blame guns instead of criminals have $120,000 ready to spend on deceptive TV ads when the ballots come out. ALL WE HAVE IS EACH OTHER and the people we can reach.

To reprise the 'something that works' theme, even if 114 might pass, it won't do anything useful about gun deaths or injuries (though it would continue the sad progress toward more government control).

Let's look at why.

A 2021 study, 2021 National Firearms Survey: Updated Analysis Including Types of Firearms Owned, found

Types of Firearms and Magazines Owned
• 82.7% of gun owners report owning a handgun, 68.8% report owning a rifle, and 58.4%
report owning a shotgun.
• The average gun owner owns about 5 firearms. The median gun owner owns 3.
• 29.0% of gun owners own only one firearm.
• 30.2% of gun owners, about 24.6 million people, have owned an AR-15 or similarly
styled rifle, and up to 44 million such rifles have been owned.
• 48.0% of gun owners, about 39 million people, have owned magazines that hold over
10 rounds, and up to 542 million such magazines have been owned.
• Overall, Americans own in excess of 415 million firearms, consisting of approximately
171 million handguns, 146 million rifles, and 98 million shotguns.
It also found
an overall rate of adult firearm ownership of 31.9%, suggesting that in excess of 81.4 million Americans
aged 18 and over own firearms.
The estimated gun ownership for Oregon is 38.3% (32.7% – 44.2% 95% confidence); in 2021 the number of 18+ residents is about 79.3% of 4,246,000 = 3,367,000 * 38.3% = 1,289,000 estimated gun owners.

Lets say those average the suggested 5 each; that would be an estimated 6,448,000 guns.

OPH has a report on violence. OPH also has a 2003-2012 report. They have a page on Violent Deaths.

The FBI tracks crime. In 2019, weapons used for homicide in Oregon show

Handguns .....31

Rifles ..............1

Shotguns ........4

Firearms (type unknown) 25

Knives ..........19

Other weapons ... 14

Hands, fists, feet, etc ... 4

Even assuming a different gun for each of the homicides-with-firearms, that's about 61/6,448,000.

Although each homicide might be tragedy for the victim and families, Oregon does not have a firearms homicide problem that can be addressed by public policy: the numbers are so small that almost nothing could be observed as an effect of changes in the laws.

In August 2022 the numbers by party were

NA - 1,017,662
D - 1,011,328
R - 729,535

In September 2022 those have changed to

NA - 1,031,569
D - 1,011,945
R - 729,316

The two candidates against Measure 114 are:
Non Affiliated - Betsy Johnson
Republican - Christine Drazan

Candidate who supports measure 114:

Democrat - Tina Kotek

Polls currently have Drazan in a few point lead over Tina but both are considered neck and neck with Oregon being in a toss up. Johnson has held lower polling numbers between the two.

There are a few more debates set to occur this month.

Historically Oregon has been under D control since the mid 80s. Last Republican governor was Victor Atiyeh 1979-1987. Since then this state has taken a more D majority in all seats and in voting.

Oregon did have a independent governor from 1931-1935.

I have a new PDF of good talking points against 114. PM me with your email address and I will send it. Then print off and/or take to printers for multiple copies. Then hand them out and put them on windshields in parking lots. The people who prefer to blame guns instead of criminals have $120,000 ready to spend on deceptive TV ads when the ballots come out. ALL WE HAVE IS EACH OTHER and the people we can reach.
Is there any way to have these pdf's posted and downloadable someplace? Not only easier access and less work for you guys, it makes it much easier to pass the word along with a link for all to view. Even something like dropbox or similar free service set for public access(?)

Is there any way to have these pdf's posted and downloadable someplace? Not only easier access and less work for you guys, it makes it much easier to pass the word along with a link for all to view. Even something like dropbox or similar free service set for public access(?)
I had a web builder but they aren't available now. I don't know how to do that, but if you do PM me with your email address. I will send you the PDF.

Last Edited:
In the last election (2018) between Kate Brown and Knute Buehler:

Kate - 934,498
Knute - 814,988

In November of 2018 the party voter numbers were:

D - 977,702
NAV - 876,928
R - 708,079

Kate Brown is on her 2nd and last term so this is why there are 3 candidates going for the spot.

Kate Brown has also been polled as THE worst governor in all 50 states.

...are any of the shops taking signs agreed to take extras. It would help to have sign dumps out there where people could pick up extras

Win win for the shops...they would get potential customers in their stores picking up signs.
One last thought, the time to get these things planted is now When we get close to November we have lost exposure time out there.

Don't forget pawn. shops..they all have ban-ables in their counters
Whenever possible, I've left signs for gun and pawn shops as well as gun clubs, to hand out and have resupplied them multiple times. They have been my major resource.

I find it disturbing that some gun shops and gun clubs don't have signs of all sizes available and are not actively pursuing locations for highway signs. I've been told by a reliable legal source, knowledgeable in this specific area, that the crap about not being able to support efforts to defeat 114 because they are a non-profit, doesn't hold water, and they do or should know it.

I realize that there are a finite number of ranges in the area, but I would be questioning my membership in those that won't support efforts to educate membership and get the word out to the general public. I would encourage others to think twice about participating in events at those clubs, and let others know why you won't be at a certain match because of decisions of the board or owners.

In WWII, collaborators were sometimes worse than the Nazis and had excuses for siding with them. They were also dealt with harshly when the war was over. Remind them of that.

Sorry for the topic slip, but it's critical that we all stand together.

Last Edited:
Maybe you can help out and get dancing hippos pdf or contant me with your email and I can send the same pdf to you. then, you can have printed, preferably in a bright color from stock and distribute to pawn and gun shops? Thx.
Took fliers and a street sign into A cut above pawn. Also sent them the PDF via email so they could send it to other pawn shops\FFL's.

Anyone know if Cabella's or Sportsmans has accepted the flyers

I hit Cabella's parking lot today with a supply of Flyers that @dancinghippos dropped off last night. I am still amazed at the folks who get behind the cause as soon as they become aware. One Old Geezer was sitting in his truck when I handed it to him.

He said "what are you selling?" I said "NOTHING! I AM SAVING YOUR FREEDOM! SPREAD THE WORD!" After he read the flyer, he was like OMG! How can I help?? I gave him some of my Yard Signs I had in my Trunk.

Sometimes I feel like a Son of Liberty in 1775! ....Getting the Word Out.

If you are not familiar with that story, you should watch this. Highly Educational.

(But you might wanna make some popcorn first. It is a bit long.) :)

Are there already people lined up to have signs and flyers at the Captial on the 8th?

It might be nice to have a goodly supply of lawn signs for those in attendance to take some home with them.

Another idea... having a spokesperson there to rally and answer questions at the conclusion of the politicians rally. Anyone got a megaphone?? ;)

1664768472007.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews