JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What happens to 114 if it passes and Drazen wins the election? She has promised to veto any bills that infringes on OR gun owner rights so how does that play? Is it doable?

What happens to 114 if it passes and Drazen wins the election? She has promised to veto any bills that infringes on OR gun owner rights so how does that play? Is it doable?
No. BM114 if passed by the voters would have to be challenged in the courts. The Governor can only veto bills from legislators.

No. BM114 if passed by the voters would have to be challenged in the courts. The Governor can only veto bills from legislators.
That's what I thought, but was wishing I was mistaken.

Way to crush the hopes of the little people! No venison jerky for you!! :p

Are there already people lined up to have signs and flyers at the Captial on the 8th?

It might be nice to have a goodly supply of lawn signs for those in attendance to take some home with them.

Another idea... having a spokesperson there to rally and answer questions at the conclusion of the politicians rally. Anyone got a megaphone?? ;)
Yes. Need volunteers to help.

What's even worse is that it'll be dispersed among different portions of ORS Chapter 166. Challenges will need to be brought against individual portions, you can't just repeal the whole measure once it's written into law.

Please not that "opinions" are not facts. Their quoted research report only "suggest", which is a hypothesis; that mag capacity would have a beneficial effect; but the criminal nor violent mentally ill will be following the law? And, it would be a great idea to disarm citizens.
Has anyone here written a letter to editor opposing 114?

Please not that "opinions" are not facts. Their quoted research report only "suggest", which is a hypothesis; that mag capacity would have a beneficial effect; but the criminal nor violent mentally ill will be following the law? And, it would be a great idea to disarm citizens.
True that.. their opinions are being prefaced as 'expert opinion' as they are in selective law enforcement .

True that.. their opinions are being prefaced as 'expert opinion' as they are in selective law enforcement .
That's incredibly misleading too. By saying "law enforcement" it will appear to the layman that they are talking about LEO's and their offices (which are firmly against 114) instead of just the woke bureaucratic talking whistle heads. Purely intentional saying "law enforcement" instead of their actual titles or office they represent.

I spoke to another member here about SB941 and how 03 C&R license holders were left out to dry, because of the ambiguous and vaguely worded text. M114 is written the same way intentionally or unintentionally the result is the same. Back to the 03 FFL for collectors spiel, apparently this member Bolus reached out to the OSP for clarification after the suggestion by the ATF and they ghosted him. OSP either didn't know or dodged his request.Apparently Betsy Johnson even looked into the matter. OSP nor will Prozanski clarify or write a declaration. M114 has to be defeated because it'll be ten fold worse. Same tactics employed.

I'm being told it'll take 3 weeks for my 70 year old K31 Swiss rifle to clear OSP backlog. It's already bad, I don't want to entertain the idea of 114 into the mix.

Last Edited:
I spoke to another member here about SB941 and how 03 C&R license holders were left out to dry, because of the ambiguous and vaguely worded text. M114 is written the same way intentionally or unintentionally the result is the same. Back to the 03 FFL for collectors spiel, apparently this member Bolus reached out to the OSP for clarification after the suggestion by the ATF and they ghosted him. OSP either didn't know or dodged his request.Apparently Betsy Johnson even looked into the matter. OSP nor will Prozanski clarify or write a declaration. M114 has to be defeated because it'll be ten fold worse.

I'm being told it'll take 3 weeks for my 70 year old K31 Swiss rifle to clear OSP backlog. It's already bad, I don't want to entertain the idea of 114 into the mix.

Supposedly, it won't go immediately into affect so you may have time for your rifle to clear, but points taken.

Antiques still require ffl transfer in OR I believe. Muzzle loaders are the only ones I know of.

Is there maybe some family inheritance type of exception?
True. I was "thinking" muzzle loader, not modern "antique" firearms. Good catch. Thanks.

As far as I understand it, if an FFL transfer isn't required, neither is a purchase/transfer permit... like family gifting or inheritance... under some conditions.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top