JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
1661727691671.png

So this article completely misleads what measure 114 does.

"The November ballot also includes Measure 114, the Reduction of Violence Act, which would tighten background checks on weapons purchases and bar the sale of new magazines capable of carrying more than 10 bullets."

Funny how it doesn't mention needing a PERMIT to buy guns that only the POLICE can train and issue to you.

Who cares though, VOTE AWAY YOURS AND EVERYBODY ELSE RIGHTS!

However, on the plus side it does say the police didn't shoot the perp so either he offed himself or those armed citizens may have stopped the threat.

Yes, the stage is being set for the passage of Measure 114 in November.

"Every Oregonian should be able to go to a grocery store without the fear of gun violence... All Oregonians deserve to be safe from gun violence." - Kate Brown

"Every Oregonian should be able to go to a grocery store without the fear of gun violence... All Oregonians deserve to be safe from gun violence." - Kate Brown
What does that even mean? What about the guy that actually did this? How is he entirely 100% off the hook?

...Kate Brown, the same person who sent CPS after Lindsey Graham purely out of spite. These are the kind of people who want to tell the rest of us what to do. I'm not scared of "gun violence" I'm scared of people like Kate Brown.

God save us all.

What does that even mean? What about the guy that actually did this? How is he entirely 100% off the hook?

...Kate Brown, the same person who sent CPS after Lindsey Graham purely out of spite. These are the kind of people who want to tell the rest of us what to do. I'm not scared of "gun violence" I'm scared of people like Kate Brown.

God save us all.
How is the guy who did this off the hook? That simple the party currently in power has turned criminals into victims and victims into criminals…

It's just gender confusion, applied to crimes and violence…

Is my understanding correct that there is no counter offensive to educate the public? Meanwhile the 9th circuit Cali mag ban is back under review and if the Cali mag ban was reversed what impact would that have? I think the decision is out next week? The recent NY case that the Supreme Court held and reversed the NYS ruling has no impact on Oregon? What is OFF doing? Any ACE's up their sleeve? Or, anyone have ACE's. THX

Is my understanding correct that there is no counter offensive to educate the public? Meanwhile the 9th circuit Cali mag ban is back under review and if the Cali mag ban was reversed what impact would that have? I think the decision is out next week? The recent NY case that the Supreme Court held and reversed the NYS ruling has no impact on Oregon? What is OFF doing? Any ACE's up their sleeve? Or, anyone have ACE's. THX
There is, but limited @ this point OFF has been on the news, NRA-ILA is on this after this weekend! there are people spreading the word..

i will try to get time to make a flyer to post that you can print or download on here.
Best is word of mouth or any social presence you may have spread the word, hopefully a few tell a few and so on!

There is, but limited @ this point OFF has been on the news, NRA-ILA is on this after this weekend! there are people spreading the word..

i will try to get time to make a flyer to post that you can print or download on here.
Best is word of mouth or any social presence you may have spread the word, hopefully a few tell a few and so on!
If there is something I can post on FB that would be great.. Or post "temporary" on my vehicle.

As an FYI, I'm learning that groups such as Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) can't print brochures or yard signs, sponsor ads, or do anything physical to get the word out because they are non-profits. If your gun range is an education facility, and is a non-profit, they are also limited in what they can legally do. So if you're looking for help from them, it's not coming. They will encourage you to write letters to editorial boards and send them testimonials, but again, they are not left wing churches that can get in involved in any political issue they choose without repercussions.

OFF is taking action through their PAC and I believe we will see something from NRA-ILA.

There is a t-shirt shop selling bumper stickers, hats, and t-shirts but they are a for profit business so will only do what makes money for them. They're not going to be helping us out other than taking our money for trinkets.

It's an uphill battle for us and we're fighting some big money and overt deception. I may seem a little discouraged but it's because of my recent experiences. Some of the organizations don't bother to answer phone messages or emails and others provide a lot of lip service about how mad they are, but that's as far as it goes. I hope we see something soon from the PACs that say they will actually do something. Strongly worded letters and prayers aren't going to win here.

... It's an uphill battle for us and we're fighting some big money and overt deception. I may seem a little discouraged but it's because of my recent experiences. Some of the organizations don't bother to answer phone messages or emails and others provide a lot of lip service about how mad they are, but that's as far as it goes. I hope we see something soon from the PACs that say they will actually do something. Strongly worded letters and prayers aren't going to win here.
Totally agree. Also bend shooting is going to hurt us.

Imo things that will work are:

(1) focused and organized viral social media public relations stunt or a real event. Something that will catch peoples eye that will show just how screwed up this can/will be. It has to create an emotional response and spread like wildfire on its own accord.

Along with that, personal social media posts explaining the problem with this law will help, but only if combined with something far reaching and effective.

2) Tons of $ focused on getting the word out in a very simple message that is spread massively, that draws on deep emotions of hundreds of thousands of people.

I think only those 2 things would work unless I'm missing something. The only other thing that could work that I can think of that would be effective is finding a technical loophole where the petition organizers violated state rules, allowing an injunction or state removing from the ballot.

God save us all.
It means that......
Crazy People can't be regulated. Yeah......Right or Wrong.....society sort of gave up trying, long ago. Rrrrright.....being CRAZY, no one really expects the CRAZY to follow a law anyway.

So, make laws against law-abiding citizens and inanimate objects. See how that works? Kind of a "Circular Logic"......of the Dems.

Addressing the problem without really addressing THE PROBLEM.

BUT, But, but.......Yeah......CRAZY PEOPLE are voters too. And besides, they are allowed to walk around among us too. A situation just waiting to be taken advantage of.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Gun club owners groups are starting to get involved but some need to be careful if they're non-profits. It's ironic that non-profits are the ones that started and funded the measure but conservative non-profits are the ones that need to be careful. "Law's for thee but not for me" is in full force and in the open.

I have yet to hear anyone ask specifically for money for print, internet, TV or radio ads.
i inquired with my local paper forest grove and hillsboro and its quite expensive. internet ads where the most affordable. print ads are like 500 a week for a 1/8 page ad
PRINT AD
You can get an 1/8 of a page for $513.00 a week.

If you go any smaller , you will not have a lot a room for text.
½ page is $1233.00 per week
Here are the specs for the ads and pricing
5.375" w x 5" h (1/8 page) $513.00 per week
5.375" w x 10.5" h ( ¼ page) $760.50 per week
10.875" w x 10.5" h(1/2 page) $1233.00 per week

DIGITAL
You could add some digital advertising which would reach more people and you could put the ads on multiple sites.
50k impressions cost $400.00 – that would be one website- add two more for a total of $1200.00 you can always add more impressions to be seen more…

75k impressions cost $600 per website.

Two ad sizes , and they click through to a website or landing page.

728 x 90 and 300x250 are the ad sizes.

Keep it a simple message . Not a ton of room for text.

Our websites see each over 200k views per month.

All political ads have to have a disclaimer on it like Paid for by………

Our paper that your ad would be in has 10k subscribers.

i inquired with my local paper forest grove and hillsboro and its quite expensive. internet ads where the most affordable. print ads are like 500 a week for a 1/8 page ad
PRINT AD
You can get an 1/8 of a page for $513.00 a week.

If you go any smaller , you will not have a lot a room for text.
½ page is $1233.00 per week
Here are the specs for the ads and pricing
5.375" w x 5" h (1/8 page) $513.00 per week
5.375" w x 10.5" h ( ¼ page) $760.50 per week
10.875" w x 10.5" h(1/2 page) $1233.00 per week

DIGITAL
You could add some digital advertising which would reach more people and you could put the ads on multiple sites.
50k impressions cost $400.00 – that would be one website- add two more for a total of $1200.00 you can always add more impressions to be seen more…

75k impressions cost $600 per website.

Two ad sizes , and they click through to a website or landing page.

728 x 90 and 300x250 are the ad sizes.

Keep it a simple message . Not a ton of room for text.

Our websites see each over 200k views per month.

All political ads have to have a disclaimer on it like Paid for by………

Our paper that your ad would be in has 10k subscribers.
This i believe to be the route forwards in addition to us individually letting everyone we know to vote no.

Maybe NRA and co could utilize this same source with their wicked deep pockets, hopeful Lars Larson will continue to talk about it on his show in the coming months.

Certain the running candidates will touch on it as well when they have another debate plus all the ads they'll run smearing one another. Good sign so far is that i've seen more Betsy Johnson yard signs vs the 1 Tina Kotek sign in my AO of WashCo.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR