JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Any person of faith has in their faith's history long periods of persecution up to and including genocide. Why would any religious faith want to ban self-defense when the obvious problem is that the golden-rule type teachings have been absent from American culture for 2 generations? They need those guns for self-defense. You might mention that to your religious friends who would be tempted to vote for 114.

All three Abrahamic religions accept this passage:
1 Samuel 13:19 Now there was no blacksmith to be found throughout all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, "Lest the Hebrews make themselves swords or spears."

This problem has been around for a really long time

The site won't accept PDF's, so I did a save-as-text. Here are some words in text that hopefully people can reuse and pass around. If you want a PDF to print and reproduce as handouts for gun shops, clubs and Aunt Sally, drop me a private message with an email address. The actual PDF fits on two sides of one 8 1/2 x 11 page and the reference links show up. Easy for reproduction at any copy center.

I borrowed some of this from material others posted and sent to me, plus a few websites and my own research. Thank you (or apologies) to those whose material I am reusing. And others should also feel free to reuse this work. Our goal is that 114 fails big time in November. Make copies and get them out there. NRA will have stickers and yard signs in a couple weeks. OFF has a site and signs too. Both have said they are working on interviews and advertising.

Vote NO on Ballot Measure 114
A right delayed is a right denied – Martin Luther King, Jr

The permitting scheme is similar to Illinois' scheme, but worse.
You cannot buy any firearm without a permit that can take a month or more to get. The application must be
made at a Law Enforcement office and requires:
* Fingerprinting and a background check in State and Federal systems; up to a 30-day wait.
* Completion of a "law enforcement certified" training course with a written and physical test.
* The application fee is set at $65. There is no limit on the price of the required class, and those classes
don't exist yet. Law enforcement officials estimate $40 Million to implement classes, but the law comes
with no budget, so it could be years before classes are available at any price.
* Does it help? No. Chicago has similar laws. Chicago has a murder rate higher than Mexico.

Isn't that the same as the current Concealed Handgun License, but with more steps?
Yes. But it does not matter if you have a CHL. You must go through the process again with no guaranteed result.
And when you go to buy a gun even with that permit:
* They make you do another background check and fingerprinting for each new gun purchase even after
you got the "permit to buy".
* The state keeps a permanent registry of the guns you own from your permit, with no exception to
remove serial numbers every 5 years. It becomes gun registration. When this law fails to reduce violent
crime, the state can use this data base to enable more restrictions, "gun taxes" and even confiscation.
* They can block your gun purchase forever. The law will not allow a dealer discretion to
release a firearm to you if the "check" exceeds the 30-day limit. Do you share a name with someone
else? Too bad for you.

The second part bans so-called "high capacity" magazines over 10 rounds despite common use
by pretty much everyone
* Most common shotguns that can accept more than 10 "mini-rounds" will be banned.
* Grandfathering of existing magazines only means you can have them on your property, at the range,
hunting or locked in a separate case transporting them, even if you have a carry permit. Bear in mind
that the government admitted years ago that the 1994-2004 magazine ban did not affect crime.

Who is most affected?
* Residents of high-crime areas plagued with gangs, violence and addicts. Poor and BIPOC residents have
to live there. People who can't afford to move. They can't rely on police to arrive in time.
* In the last 100 years every race, religion, nationality, gender, identity and belief system have been
targets for harassment or worse. Violence and persecution happen against people who can't fight back,
but rarely against people who can. This is also true for street crime. Don't vote away your own self-
defense. Or your children's. You have seen how fast things change.
* Law enforcement is swamped with rising crime, budget cuts and less support from lawmakers. Measure
114 requires a new unfunded bureaucracy and will block gun purchases until they figure one out.
* When this law fails to reduce crime, will they repeal it? No. They will add more laws to turn law abiding
residents into criminals while the repeat offenders still have their guns.
Supporters claim it will reduce accidents
* Drug overdose deaths exceed 100,000 annually. In 2018 there were 458 fatal gun accidents . The same
groups who promoted decriminalizing all drugs (2020 Measure 110) say Measure 114 is for "safety".
Their logic belongs in a comedy club.

Supporters claim it will reduce so-called "gun violence"
* Oregon already has universal background checks for all gun purchases. This adds the same check again
plus a long wait and extra costs of a permit and expensive training that doesn't exist yet.
* Most gun violence is committed by people who already can't pass a background check. They get guns
illegally. Redundant background checks only affect you, not gangsters and drug addicts.
* The 1994 Crime bill magazine and so-called "assault rifle" bans had such low impact on crime that
Congress did not bother to renew it in 2004. Violent crime was falling, and continued to fall nationwide
until 2014 because of improved enforcement methods and longer sentences for repeat offenders.

Supporters claim it will reduce suicides
* The only people who have guns in Japan are police and Yakuza gangsters. Yet their suicide rates are
similar to the US.
* Oregon has decriminalized drugs. They are cheaper and not painful. Ropes and knives are even cheaper
than drugs and more accessible.

Do laws like this work?
* No. Most violent crime is committed by a few repeat offenders . They ignore murder and robbery laws.
Current law bans them from having guns yet they have guns. What will more laws do?
* If these kinds of laws really worked, Baltimore would be the safest place in the US. Baltimore has laws
similar to 114 yet their murder rates exceed El Salvador and Venezuela .
* Magazine restrictions do not impact crime. Ask any law enforcement people you know.
* It is politically difficult to take repeat offenders off the streets or address the real causes of crime. It is
easier for political people to look like they are "doing something" with more useless gun laws.
* When violence breaks out, seconds count. Police are 5-20 minutes away. You may not think about
owning a gun now. But an encampment near your home or an ex who turns violent will change that. Do
you really want to vote away your own ability to protect yourself and your family? These laws affect
you, not violent criminals.

What can I do about it?
* Most people have not heard about 114. If they see flowery words about "gun safety" on the ballot they
will vote for it. Tell everyone to vote NO and why. Copy and distribute this flyer. Learn more here:
o stop114.com
o www.ossa.org/oregon-legislature.html
o www.nraila.org/articles/20220812/oregon-faulty-gun-control-ballot-measure-summary-approved
o www.oregonfirearms.org/stop-114
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Ander testimony.pdf
https://www.nraila.org/get-the-facts/gun-safety/#_edn2
https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...responsible-for-the-upsurge-in-violent-crime/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

This i believe to be the route forwards in addition to us individually letting everyone we know to vote no.

Maybe NRA and co could utilize this same source with their wicked deep pockets, hopeful Lars Larson will continue to talk about it on his show in the coming months.

Certain the running candidates will touch on it as well when they have another debate plus all the ads they'll run smearing one another. Good sign so far is that i've seen more Betsy Johnson yard signs vs the 1 Tina Kotek sign in my AO of WashCo.
Problem is, Betsy and Christina Drazen are splitting the vote that would otherwise oppose Kotek.

There is, but limited @ this point OFF has been on the news, NRA-ILA is on this after this weekend! there are people spreading the word..

i will try to get time to make a flyer to post that you can print or download on here.
Best is word of mouth or any social presence you may have spread the word, hopefully a few tell a few and so on!
I can give you a starting point for a flyer, in Word or PDF form. Two sides on a page.

drop me a private message with an email and I will reply with what I have.

This goes for anyone else.

The site won't accept PDF's, so I did a save-as-text. Here are some words in text that hopefully people can reuse and pass around. If you want a PDF to print and reproduce as handouts for gun shops, clubs and Aunt Sally, drop me a private message with an email address. The actual PDF fits on two sides of one 8 1/2 x 11 page and the reference links show up. Easy for reproduction at any copy center.

I borrowed some of this from material others posted and sent to me, plus a few websites and my own research. Thank you (or apologies) to those whose material I am reusing. And others should also feel free to reuse this work. Our goal is that 114 fails big time in November. Make copies and get them out there. NRA will have stickers and yard signs in a couple weeks. OFF has a site and signs too. Both have said they are working on interviews and advertising.

You cannot buy any firearm without a permit that can take a month or more to get. The application must be
* Fingerprinting and a background check in State and Federal systems; up to a 30-day wait.
* Completion of a "law enforcement certified" training course with a written and physical test.
* The application fee is set at $65. There is no limit on the price of the required class, and those classes
don't exist yet. Law enforcement officials estimate $40 Million to implement classes, but the law comes
* Does it help? No. Chicago has similar laws. Chicago has a murder rate higher than Mexico.

Isn't that the same as the current Concealed Handgun License, but with more steps?
Yes. But it does not matter if you have a CHL. You must go through the process again with no guaranteed result.
* They make you do another background check and fingerprinting for each new gun purchase even after
* The state keeps a permanent registry of the guns you own from your permit, with no exception to
remove serial numbers every 5 years. It becomes gun registration. When this law fails to reduce violent
crime, the state can use this data base to enable more restrictions, "gun taxes" and even confiscation.
* They can block your gun purchase forever. The law will not allow a dealer discretion to
release a firearm to you if the "check" exceeds the 30-day limit. Do you share a name with someone
else? Too bad for you.

The second part bans so-called "high capacity" magazines over 10 rounds despite common use
by pretty much everyone
* Most common shotguns that can accept more than 10 "mini-rounds" will be banned.
* Grandfathering of existing magazines only means you can have them on your property, at the range,
hunting or locked in a separate case transporting them, even if you have a carry permit. Bear in mind
that the government admitted years ago that the 1994-2004 magazine ban did not affect crime.

Who is most affected?
* Residents of high-crime areas plagued with gangs, violence and addicts. Poor and BIPOC residents have
to live there. People who can't afford to move. They can't rely on police to arrive in time.
* In the last 100 years every race, religion, nationality, gender, identity and belief system have been
targets for harassment or worse. Violence and persecution happen against people who can't fight back,
but rarely against people who can. This is also true for street crime. Don't vote away your own self-
* Law enforcement is swamped with rising crime, budget cuts and less support from lawmakers. Measure
114 requires a new unfunded bureaucracy and will block gun purchases until they figure one out.
* When this law fails to reduce crime, will they repeal it? No. They will add more laws to turn law abiding
* Drug overdose deaths exceed 100,000 annually. In 2018 there were 458 fatal gun accidents . The same
groups who promoted decriminalizing all drugs (2020 Measure 110) say Measure 114 is for "safety".

* Oregon already has universal background checks for all gun purchases. This adds the same check again
plus a long wait and extra costs of a permit and expensive training that doesn't exist yet.
* Most gun violence is committed by people who already can't pass a background check. They get guns
illegally. Redundant background checks only affect you, not gangsters and drug addicts.
* The 1994 Crime bill magazine and so-called "assault rifle" bans had such low impact on crime that
Congress did not bother to renew it in 2004. Violent crime was falling, and continued to fall nationwide
until 2014 because of improved enforcement methods and longer sentences for repeat offenders.

* The only people who have guns in Japan are police and Yakuza gangsters. Yet their suicide rates are
similar to the US.
* Oregon has decriminalized drugs. They are cheaper and not painful. Ropes and knives are even cheaper

Do laws like this work?
* No. Most violent crime is committed by a few repeat offenders . They ignore murder and robbery laws.
Current law bans them from having guns yet they have guns. What will more laws do?
* If these kinds of laws really worked, Baltimore would be the safest place in the US. Baltimore has laws
* Magazine restrictions do not impact crime. Ask any law enforcement people you know.
* It is politically difficult to take repeat offenders off the streets or address the real causes of crime. It is
easier for political people to look like they are "doing something" with more useless gun laws.
* When violence breaks out, seconds count. Police are 5-20 minutes away. You may not think about
owning a gun now. But an encampment near your home or an ex who turns violent will change that. Do
you really want to vote away your own ability to protect yourself and your family? These laws affect

What can I do about it?
* Most people have not heard about 114. If they see flowery words about "gun safety" on the ballot they
will vote for it. Tell everyone to vote NO and why. Copy and distribute this flyer. Learn more here:
o stop114.com
o www.nraila.org/articles/20220812/oregon-faulty-gun-control-ballot-measure-summary-approved
https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...responsible-for-the-upsurge-in-violent-crime/
Holy moly I would reduce that to 3 or sentences (or bullet points) max if you want anyone to read it. Just my opinion.

This i believe to be the route forwards in addition to us individually letting everyone we know to vote no.

Maybe NRA and co could utilize this same source with their wicked deep pockets, hopeful Lars Larson will continue to talk about it on his show in the coming months.

Certain the running candidates will touch on it as well when they have another debate plus all the ads they'll run smearing one another. Good sign so far is that i've seen more Betsy Johnson yard signs vs the 1 Tina Kotek sign in my AO of WashCo.
Perhaps if enough of us send some money their way with a "suggestion" of newspaper and internet ad space, they can get it done. Any one of us, that may be expensive. but all of us together sending money to OFF or NRAILA to run ads may help.

Holy moly I would reduce that to 3 or sentences (or bullet points) max if you want anyone to read it. Just my opinion.
This will be printed and left in gun stores and at ranges. Patrons in those places are to distribute copies and also use the knowledge therein to share with voters. Anyone who will be persuaded by 3 bullet points was already on our side.

This will be printed and left in gun stores and at ranges. Patrons in those places are to distribute copies and also use the knowledge therein to share with voters. Anyone who will be persuaded by 3 bullet points was already on our side.
Way, way, to much info imo. Keep it simple if you want to be effective.

Soros DA's are the leading cause of violence in Big Blue Cities

If you can suggest some words, I am fine with printing two handouts. What do you have in mind? What few things will convince people who aren't already convinced? That is what should be in newspaper ads and short radio spots. Please suggest something.
Printing two handouts would be a bad idea Imo. One simple, easy to understand handout that hammers home the crucial points with emotional impact is what would be the most effective imo. People's attention span is slim to non-existent these days.

The anti-2A dominoes are already starting to fall across the country…. no matter how many mindless drones vote for it to be so, none of this will stand up to a lawsuit under SCOTUS mandated strict 2A scrutiny.
Yep

Still, it'd be nice to not have to bring a lawsuit in the first place.

else? Too bad for you.

by pretty much everyone

Who is most affected?

similar to the US.

Do laws like this work?

What can I do about it?
o stop114.com
Fantastic! Personally I actually think that detailed handouts like these are necessary for winning over potential swing votes.

Quick talking points and summaries are good for grabbing attention, but can come off as disingenuous or misleading to people who might actually want to make an informed decision.

Something like your PDF, in conjunction with a quick fact sheet, would be excellent to distribute to every gun store or pro-2A establishment we can find.

If you get flyers or banners or what ever, I have a link in Bend and a small network here in Pdx that may be able to multiply this effort. I can assist with bucks if your can implement this effort. thx.

Soros DA's are the leading cause of violence in Big Blue Cities

Yep. That DA in the pic is friends with an Antifa leader and openly pushes much of what they want. It's sad that a person who is supposed to enforce the law is dead set against enforcing the law (unless it is a right wing group, in that case he uses all his resources to go after them). It's really sad.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads