JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
IF this passes I won't be purchasing any more firearms in state.

Same here, which begs the question, would we still be able to purchase firearms in states like Washington and Idaho?

I know there are already certain limits on selling handguns to out of state residents, but I don't think there is any legally binding requirement for other states to not sell to Oregonians.

Same here, which begs the question, would we still be able to purchase firearms in states like Washington and Idaho?

I know there are already certain limits on selling handguns to out of state residents, but I don't think there is any legally binding requirement for other states to not sell to Oregonians.
Washington probably not. At least not handguns or ARs. I have family in Idaho, Montana, and Arizona. Worst case scenario. I'd have to look into the laws in regards to private sales out of state.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's absolutely going to pass. I pray that I'm wrong.
Yes it will, but it will also subsequently be challenged and held up in court for years. Meanwhile, I'll be moving to America, to Montana probably, out of this liberal ruined communist state.

For those of you that aren't able to distribute flyers, set up a table at a gun show, or spread the word in other ways, the least you can do is donate to Oregon Firearms Federation Political Action Committee (OFF-PAC). Up to $50 per person and $100 per couple is a tax credit. Not a tax deduction, you actually have the amount removed from your tax liability. It's essentially free. The anti-gun people are donating to their PAC's and it's why they can out spend us. I can't understand how anyone on this forum wouldn't do it. OFF is the only 2A group in Oregon, that I know of, that is fighting on our behalf 365 days a year, year after year. If you look at the Opposition to Measure 114 write ups on Ballotpedia, only OFF and the NRA have written statements against it. They have been in the fight from day one. Those in support of 114 spent $120k initially and those of those in opposition only put up $20k.

Don't give up. DO SOMETHING. Remember, our efforts don't mean squat if we don't vote. Stop the negative crap, get off your butt and support firearms ownership. This is the biggest call to arms that we've had in Oregon for a long, long time. There will be more in the future and we need everyone on deck to work on this, and gain experience for the next fight.

For those of you that aren't able to distribute flyers, set up a table at a gun show, or spread the word in other ways, the least you can do is donate to Oregon Firearms Federation Political Action Committee (OFF-PAC). Up to $50 per person and $100 per couple is a tax credit. Not a tax deduction, you actually have the amount removed from your tax liability. It's essentially free. The anti-gun people are donating to their PAC's and it's why they can out spend us. I can't understand how anyone on this forum wouldn't do it. OFF is the only 2A group in Oregon, that I know of, that is fighting on our behalf 365 days a year, year after year. If you look at the Opposition to Measure 114 write ups on Ballotpedia, only OFF and the NRA have written statements against it. They have been in the fight from day one. Those in support of 114 spent $120k initially and those of those in opposition only put up $20k.

Don't give up. DO SOMETHING. Remember, our efforts don't mean squat if we don't vote. Stop the negative crap, get off your butt and support firearms ownership. This is the biggest call to arms that we've had in Oregon for a long, long time. There will be more in the future and we need everyone on deck to work on this, and gain experience for the next fight.
Donated to both OFF and stop114.

Jack

Washington probably not. At least not handguns or ARs. I have family in Idaho, Montana, and Arizona. Worst case scenario. I'd have to look into the laws in regards to private sales out of state.
1662918342713.png

But, if the firearm is gifted across state lines it legally has to be transferred through an FFL. Not a problem if you don't, until you use the gun to defend yourself and law enforcement runs the serial number.
All my firearms that will potentially be used in that scenario are registered in my name. I'm not playing that game.

Don't you suppose that behavior is a desired result by the 114-ers?

If you are an OR resident, buying a gun in a different state involves Federal law. Fedlaw requires that handgun sales go through an FFL in the state of residence of the receiver; it is illegal, at the 5 years in prison and $10K fine level, for both seller and buyer, to avoid the FFL here, even if the state allows paperless transfers among its own residents. Since that's hard to detect, you get to decide if that's a risk you want to assume - not something I would do, myself.

Unless state law is different - any state law: your residence, seller's residence, FFL's business location - can buy long guns through any FFL in any state (years ago, was 'adjoining state' but no longer) and, if your home state allows it, bring it back.

Again, unless state law prohibits, you can legally buy a handgun from a person not an OR resident if both of you go to an FFL in not-OR, and arrange for the gun to be shipped to an FFL in OR.

This is 18 USC 922 (a)(3) and (a)(5).

If you are an OR resident, buying a gun in a different state involves Federal law. Fedlaw requires that handgun sales go through an FFL in the state of residence of the receiver; it is illegal, at the 5 years in prison and $10K fine level, for both seller and buyer, to avoid the FFL here, even if the state allows paperless transfers among its own residents. Since that's hard to detect, you get to decide if that's a risk you want to assume - not something I would do, myself.

Unless state law is different - any state law: your residence, seller's residence, FFL's business location - can buy long guns through any FFL in any state (years ago, was 'adjoining state' but no longer) and, if your home state allows it, bring it back.

Again, unless state law prohibits, you can legally buy a handgun from a person not an OR resident if both of you go to an FFL in not-OR, and arrange for the gun to be shipped to an FFL in OR.

I never claimed that's what I was going to do. I have all the guns I currently want. But when it comes to mags and ammo I may have a different opinion.

I'm not going to pay for a permit to buy a gun. I already pay for a CHL.

Buy what firearms you want before this passes.

Absolutely! They know this will greatly inhibit the sales of any firearms by both 1. Creating more unconstitutional red tape for those who still want to buy firearms here, and 2. Shutting down buyers who will refuse to get a permit to purchase; either on the principle of it or for fear/caution of being placed on a public registry.

I never claimed that's what I was going to do. I have all the guns I currently want. But when it comes to mags and ammo I may have a different opinion.

I'm not going to pay for a permit to buy a gun. I already pay for a CHL.

But what firearms you want before this passes.
I am still hopeful we can pull out a surprise win against this measure. With good messaging, strong turnout among 2A supporters (with a lucky break of low voter turnout among leftists), and the potentially overly-ambitious nature of 114, I think a NO result in the 52-54 percent range is possible.

Of course I am also realistic and am indeed looking to buy any firearm I am even remotely interested in, while also stockpiling on magazines.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top