JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you can easily get springs and followers but getting a retailer to send you the >10 body is going to be the problem.

80% mag bodies for "display purposes", Then have a sister company that sells "magazine repair kits" with: followers, floor plates and springs but that does not sell the 80% body.
Obviously "manufacturing" gets people in hot water but its an 80% "display mag" sold without the internals.. so really the end user would have to go out of there way to make it operational.

Then again they'd go after addresses as with the FRT fire control group labeled a "machine gun".

With these new magazine restrictions, Is there anything that would prevent a seller from disassembling a standard capacity magazine, and selling it as "spare parts" in WA/OR?
(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an
overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition

What if there was a stackable magazine system that fed thru one another seamlessly once the top portion was emptied?

The theory being, first 10 round box mag can only contain 10 rounds, a subsequent 10 round magazine is attached to the bottom of the initial inserted mag and said lower 10 round mag only opens up and feeds through the top portion once 10 rounds are fired? Thus meeting the wording of the law not only with capacity but also with function. By the stackable magazines design perhaps it could even engage the BHO (for ARs obviously).. and with a BHO release lever (such as a bad lever) it makes that secondary attached mag open and feed through the first once the BHO is released, this displaying a fully seperate magazine function post bolt stop however no mag change is needed due to the stackable magazine system.

The internal area is a bit to work around but Id assume a magazine could be designed to house 3-4 separate 10 round compartments and BHO after each 10 rounds but with an easy BHO delease system making it a seamless in line chambering system with no mag changes… if that makes sense..

What if there was a stackable magazine system that fed thru one another seamlessly once the top portion was emptied?

The theory being, first 10 round box mag can only contain 10 rounds, a subsequent 10 round magazine is attached to the bottom of the initial inserted mag and said lower 10 round mag only opens up and feeds through the top portion once 10 rounds are fired? Thus meeting the wording of the law not only with capacity but also with function. By the stackable magazines design perhaps it could even engage the BHO (for ARs obviously).. and with a BHO release lever (such as a bad lever) it makes that secondary attached mag open and feed through the first once the BHO is released, this displaying a fully seperate magazine function post bolt stop however no mag change is needed due to the stackable magazine system.

The internal area is a bit to work around but Id assume a magazine could be designed to house 3-4 separate 10 round compartments and BHO after each 10 rounds but with an easy BHO delease system making it a seamless in line chambering system with no mag changes… if that makes sense..
My guess is that people have found much simpler methods of obtaining regular capacity magazines.

My guess is that people have found much simpler methods of obtaining regular capacity magazines.
Oh of course.. tri or star mag 10 round attachments or even standard capacity mags acquired from literally anywhere. Im simply thinking about an in-line magazine system that matches the easy load mags as seen in California where it can be top loaded rapidly defeating the bullet button system. Simply a new design for ban states is all my friend.

But I agree, procured 30rnd standard capacity mags are drastically easier. Im just a fan of those innovative work around designs small companies come up with.

This is me , watching the noobs and young bucks scramble. Having lived through the 90s in CA. Buying and selling guns, mags and ammo at the height of Clinton era ban.

3tv6t7.jpg

This is me , watching the noobs and young bucks scramble. Having lived through the 90s in CA. Buying and selling guns, mags and ammo at the height of Clinton era ban.

View attachment 1318523
A familiar feeling.. my new to firearms buddies are struggling right now trying to obtain all they can.. they dropped an insane amount of money on mags and firearms in only two weeks… they should have been buying while the buying was good.

A familiar feeling.. my new to firearms buddies are struggling right now trying to obtain all they can.. they dropped an insane amount of money on mags and firearms in only two weeks… they should have been buying while the buying was good.
Those of us who know the rhythm are waiting to pounce on lever guns and revolvers sold to " free up funds" .
I have been trying to focus on ammo for months, because it's finally calming down .

So..... sell it as two separate "kits". Or sell a disassembled magazine partially as a "kit", then give (in a separate transaction) the other part as a gift?
I think the WA law specifically prohibits the creation of new >10 mags. Like someone else said, replacement springs and followers for existing mags are probably fine. What you are suggesting seems like creating new magazines.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top