Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Opinions of Rainier Arms AR barrels?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 24, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

I haven't heard anything specifically about the 7.5" barrel, but I've heard nothing but good things about Rainier Arms. Another option you may want to look into is Black Hole Weaponry. I believe they're out of Moses Lake.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Yeah Rainier Arms is one of the brands the elitist like to name in their posts.
    Although I have heard about poor ballistics from the 5.56 in the shorter barrels.
    I kinda want an AR pistol but haven't seen the need,so haven't really investigated it thoroughly.

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't have personal experience with that barrel, but Rainier Arms sells good quality stuff.

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Rainier Arms sells stuff from a lot of different manufacturers, plus they have a house brand. No hands on with their barrels but I do have a RA billet upper that is a good piece. They have a great reputation for customer service.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Thanks everyone...I am going to order the Rainier Arms barrel today. I can't wait to get it. I figure I could get a decent barrel for at least $100 less but I really want to do this AR pistol right the first time.

Plus, it really wouldn't be a PlayboyPenguin built gun if it didn't at least have some stainless on it. :)