Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions of Rainier Arms AR barrels?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 24, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

I haven't heard anything specifically about the 7.5" barrel, but I've heard nothing but good things about Rainier Arms. Another option you may want to look into is Black Hole Weaponry. I believe they're out of Moses Lake.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Yeah Rainier Arms is one of the brands the elitist like to name in their posts.
    Although I have heard about poor ballistics from the 5.56 in the shorter barrels.
    I kinda want an AR pistol but haven't seen the need,so haven't really investigated it thoroughly.

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't have personal experience with that barrel, but Rainier Arms sells good quality stuff.

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Rainier Arms sells stuff from a lot of different manufacturers, plus they have a house brand. No hands on with their barrels but I do have a RA billet upper that is a good piece. They have a great reputation for customer service.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Thanks everyone...I am going to order the Rainier Arms barrel today. I can't wait to get it. I figure I could get a decent barrel for at least $100 less but I really want to do this AR pistol right the first time.

Plus, it really wouldn't be a PlayboyPenguin built gun if it didn't at least have some stainless on it. :)