JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you catch where the latter jurisdiction was?

If it was Bakersfield, CA it wouldn't matter if you were black or white, you would get that kind of reception.

If you contrasted the second video with Mack Worley's experience in Vancouver, W. It looks a little less like a race issue, and more like a 2A/OC issue.

Yeah, it's a black & white world out there. I guarantee that any black person open carrying anywhere will be treated as a criminal by the Cops. Sad it has to be this way but the thugs & gankstas have made it that way....

I believe the video states both are in Oregon. Second clip looks a familiar area but I can't place it exactly.

Last Edited:
This video is very disturbing. However in the second segment, the second cop that searched him and disarmed him was VERY gentle and professional. The first one that stopped and put him on the ground was a Delta Bravo. The rest of the cops, maybe highway patrol? Were professional, not cuffing him, not rolling him around more than absolutely necessary.

Now, this stop in the first place was bogus, but if that is how the HP wherever this was taken, does their job that way, they aren't going to be in the news for much and that is a good thing.

This video is very disturbing. However in the second segment, the second cop that searched him and disarmed him was VERY gentle and professional. The first one that stopped and put him on the ground was a Delta Bravo. The rest of the cops, maybe highway patrol? Were professional, not cuffing him, not rolling him around more than absolutely necessary.

Now, this stop in the first place was bogus, but if that is how the HP wherever this was taken, does their job that way, they aren't going to be in the news for much and that is a good thing.

I did not really see it that way, but after watching it a second time, you are quite right the second officer was very professional and treated him with respect and did not manhandle him. You are right, never should have gone down that way, but yeah, I will agree decent treatment. However, it does not change the plain fact that no crime was commited.

Even if the second officer was gental the amount of escilation was rediculous! Four police vehicles? Placing the guy on the ground, searching him, and disarming him, when he repeatedly said he did not consent. It was enough for this video to get notice, and start circulating the web which is the new news.

First clip:
Oregon

Second:
Fallon Nevada

Different places, different temperatures,

First clip:
Oregon

Second:
Fallon Nevada

Different places, different temperatures,

"The black guy I believe was carrying in the Reno/Sparks Nevada area.

edit: found the location the black guy was carrying: https://goo.gl/maps/wn96r "

Think you're right. I knew I recognized the cars and green uniforms. Reno sheriffs officers, DB's in my experience but they are also usually not such d*cks about guns. At least in the more rural areas I was in. Lots of hunters and shooters in the sticks around Reno.

o_O:D
Pyromancer, I find your avatar offensive and hurtful!!!

Because it's out of focus!;)

Down boy!! Here, let me help you cool off... o_O:D

image.jpg

These kinds of scenerios are oftentimes a lose-lose for the cops. If they under react and there's a loon going off, they lose. If they check out a situation like this to protect the public no matter how tactful, forceful, or respectful they are... they lose.

These kinds of scenerios are oftentimes a lose-lose for the cops. If they under react and there's a loon going off, they lose. If they check out a situation like this to protect the public no matter how tactful, forceful, or respectful they are... they lose.

Then they should put everyone on the ground or no one. Honestly, this is not right what happened.

If they put everyone on the ground they would be heckled or criticized more. If they did nothing and the guy went on a shooting spree they would be wrong for not doing anything. As Stomper put it they are in a lose-lose situation. The police will always be criticized regardless of what they do. I highly doubt race even factored into the situation. Everyone always think they know better on the internet.

I for one am strongly for gun rights, but that kind of open carry for shock value is detrimental to the cause. The vast majority of the general public do not see that kind of thing as "educational" they see it as dangerous and alarming.

And if the cops are in a no-win situation, maybe we have to say that they need to err on the side of protecting rights.

If they're right there. And the guy isn't doing anything, I don't really think that they have to right to put him on the ground.

People who might say, "well the cops should have checked them better." Well they don't respect constitutional rights. And I don't really care whether upset.

Like the kid in Santa Barbara. The police went talk to them and they did entirely their job. Some people are angry that they didn't go into the apartment to check for guns, but they don't have a right to do that. Neither do the cop stop in the sky.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top