JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well...St. Louis. It can happen anywhere though. How you feel about open carry may shape your opinion on this story. My biggest take away is how the author bent over backwards as to not reveal the gender of the rifle owner or thief. It's revealed towards the bottom when the police were quoted describing the situation. Woke idiots.

Open carry is a big commitment. Seems like a huge leap of confidence to assume that overwhelming level of awareness and responsibility.

Open carry long gun is even more of a personal burden. Managing any extra non defensive objects ( groceries, phone, wallet, shopping cart, car keys, doors) and negotiating entry/exit of structures and vehicles would be exhausting. If this were a choice I made , a 2 or 3 person team would be minimum for correct execution. And I don't mean forcing my wife or girlfriend to carry a rifle and a toddler at the same time.

Some for attention, certainly, but how many of them?
Oh I think it has a lot to do with how and what the person is carrying.

There was NO doubt however on the guy I once saw in a Bend PS I previously posted about:

Remember the 'tall, lankey stupid lookin' fella' I once posted about I saw OCing in a Bend pawn shop ? He had two SA revolvers in old leather holsters hanging forward on his belt (kind of like pointing at each other)

I described him as looking like a bad extra in a spaghetti western or a like someone from the 1920's defending his still against the revenuers.

I think we can assume that the term "Keep it in your pants" will apply in either case. :)
I had a Wilson Combat hoodie when we were visiting a new church. One of the guys came up later:
"So you're an AR guy?"
"What makes you think that?"
"WC makes ARs"
"Well, they're more known for 1911s, but yeah..."
He then proceeds to tell me he's on the security team and lifts his shirt. I didn't even bother to look down.

Seriously, you can't... (fill in rest of sentence)
DSC_0029.jpg

(photo of Sirius B)

this is basically what ive always said.. if i was a desperate criminal in need of heat id be going straight for anyone i could tell had a gun. blindside to the head, snaggy snag. id also be looking for gun stickers on parked pickup trucks.

conceal it and conceal that youre concealing it. guns aint goddamn fashion

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top