JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Device
Phone - Android
Browser
Other Browser (please specify)
Very hard to get alerts menu to pop up, usually only happens at at all at the top of a page. Doesn't drag up as it used to.
When (if) it ever does it always seems to dissapear within milliseconds.
I have gotten it to remain up a couple times. (Ya, ya, laugh it up ;)) but cant even figure out what im doing different.

Phone is an older LG V20 running the duckduckgo browser.

I noted on desk top CPU the 'alarm' feature would rather 'ring' and move like a bell for a short time. The icon was hard to catch/click on, but that seems to have passed.

I noted on desk top CPU the 'alarm' feature would rather 'ring' and move like a bell for a short time. The icon was hard to catch/click on, but that seems to have passed.
Im talking the whole bar with the alerts, messages, new posts (i think) and account settings.
This isnt the actual menu,
But i guess youd call it the quick menu? Or the little tray that pops up from the bottom (usually) when in portrait mode.

different items I think; Mine was the top bar with standard stuff; I thought for a while the Alert bell was showing a gratuitous 'ringing action' effect. It's gone now.

ETA: now a few hours later, the ringing bell is back on my upper menu bar on the desk top.
It disappeared this time too, when I scrolled pointer over (near) the 'alert' label. Perhaps a 'feature' and not an 'issue'???

Last Edited:
Very hard to get alerts menu to pop up, usually only happens at at all at the top of a page. Doesn't drag up as it used to.
When (if) it ever does it always seems to dissapear within milliseconds.
I have gotten it to remain up a couple times. (Ya, ya, laugh it up ;)) but cant even figure out what im doing different.

Phone is an older LG V20 running the duckduckgo browser.

You're referring to the alerts button on the bottom bar, right? With the phone in portrait (vertical) mode?

Also..
When i switch from portrait to landscape that bar DOES work, its fixed right at the top (right) of the page where it usually is/was before the update. Keep in mind this is for duckduckgo mobile browser app.

For the sake of troubleshooting i just logged back in through the firefox mobile browser app. And it seems to be working 100%.
A little jumpy, but still working 100%

Just to make sure im crystal clear. I was using duckduckgo before and it was working fine. I quit using firefox totally a while back because their upgrade was a major step back in progress.

Thanks Joe!
& good luck. Let me know if you need anything else. ;)

Last Edited:
Yes, but its the entire bar or "tray" if you will not just the one button. It DOES slide up but usually immediately disappears. It will stay up about one out of every 20-30 tries but i cant quite pin down why ir whats different.
I set my bar to stay on. You might try that if you can't find a fix for the current problem.

Last Edited:
Why does this still say "awaiting feedback"? Is there something i need to flag to let them know i already responded to their questions?

TIA!

Sorry, I haven't had time to revisit this. I'm going to update the status now and look into it as soon as I can :)

I can't seem to get it to act up using the Duck browser on my iPhone. I'll grab an Android phone and check it out.

Confirmed it on Android, this is a really odd issue. I'm going to have to spend some time seeing if I can figure it out, some of these non-standard browsers can do odd things and I'm not sure if there's a workaround. I support DuckDuckGo and their mission, so I do want to figure this out.

It does seem much better when I disable Navigation Hiding for mobile (though it still hides the bottom menu for whatever reason). You'll find that option in your Account Preferences.

Confirmed it on Android, this is a really odd issue. I'm going to have to spend some time seeing if I can figure it out, some of these non-standard browsers can do odd things and I'm not sure if there's a workaround. I support DuckDuckGo and their mission, so I do want to figure this out.

It does seem much better when I disable Navigation Hiding for mobile (though it still hides the bottom menu for whatever reason). You'll find that option in your Account Preferences.
Thanks for the update.
Dang, i was hoping it was only my phone. And a relative non issue. Even though its minor.
Thanks for checking it out. I too am REALLY into supporting the safer browsing options. And thanks for the account info.

I have been able to get it to act properly in some threads, but my trick has been to enter text as tho responding to a thread then exit out. For some reason this gets the NWFA toolbar to stay above the Chrome toolbar on my iPhone 12 Pro.
Literally you just have to bring up the keypad and exit out, tho it is an issue there a way to get it to work until Joe figures it out.

there a way to get it to work until Joe figures it out.
Joe's suggestion here worked pretty darn well for me. I'd pretty much call it resolved on my end YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top