JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Aww, thought I had it! Thanks for the feedback, I'll continue investigating.
Yeah - it's if I don't log in for more than a certain number of days (I'm not 100% sure what the number is -7? 10?) and clear alerts, then any alerts older that that amount of time will appear to mark as read until I log back in again later and they are all there again.

Over the course of the past week, I have seen the number of old "unread" alerts clear up. Not sure what, if anything, you've done on the back end, but consistently in the last couple of days when I log in I only see truly new alerts and the old ones from May are not returning into the unread list.

@Joe Link It's back for me

I can hit mark read and it goes away until I get a new one and then goes back to the big number. I have gone into the alert section and filtered by unread and then marked read but when I return to the unread, they are still there and highlighted.

This is the ghost in the machine here to bother you for Halloween lol

1666398322827.png

I was able to self resolve by manually clicking "read" on each of the 600 stuck alerts. Just cleared a few more each day when logging in until it was gone.

Seems to happen when you've been away for awhile and the alerts have piled up.

It's BACK...or never left.
I didn't visit the site for ~1 week (don't know the exact duration, but I'm sure staff can see it in the logs).
The number of actual alerts is accurate, but when I go into my alerts, everything back to what I had cleared on that last visit will show in the "Your alerts" section as unread.
I can set them as read, and they'll all go black, but if I refresh the page they are all back.

I was away for a bit, have 600 alerts after clearing about 300 myself. Only way to resolve is to manually mark each one as read.

Anything you can do on the backend to reset my count and save some time?

I was away for a bit, have 600 alerts after clearing about 300 myself. Only way to resolve is to manually mark each one as read.

Anything you can do on the backend to reset my count and save some time?
I believe you can click on the "show all" link at the bottom of the popup which will take you to a paged list. At the top of that list is a "mark read" button which will mark all displayed alerts to read. You will need to page thru them, but you won't need to do each one individually.

Still a bit of testing to do, but I think we finally have this bug figured out! We'll know for sure after the next update, stay tuned :)

Something I noticed today that I don't seem to be able to replicate; when I look at my alerts, I see one unread alert at the top of the list, for a post in a thread. I go there by clicking on it, and the post is one I've already seen. Then I look at the alert pull down again and that post is no longer at the top, it is towards the bottom, in the order I expected it to be.

I think; I am not sure about this because I am not paying close enough attention and then it seems like the alert has switched places - like it didn't really happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top