JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Expected: When I pull down the Alerts menu then close it, the alerts should be marked as read.
Actual: The alerts are are still marked as not read.

Repro:
My preference "Keep viewed alerts on the alerts menu" was changed back to enabled with the update.
So I disabled it.
Still showing the same alerts as not read when pull down menu viewed.
So I logged out, then logged back in.
"Keep viewed alerts on the alerts menu" is disabled (as intended).
Still showing the same alerts as not read after viewing menu.

I had to change that preference about a month ago or so, but it wouldn't take until I restarted my computer. I have Chrome setup to not retain cookies after a restart, so I have to login into all the websites again. That is why I logged out figuring it was a cookie thing. Not sure why it doesn't take now.

I am one of those guys who has a dozen+ browser windows open with many tabs, so I don't like to shut down my computer just to make a preference take.

Interestingly, I just noticed that if I scroll thru 8 of the items in the list (with the mouse hovering over them) and click on one at/near the bottom, it marks most of the items as read, but leaves one or two as unread, even though I only selected one item.

Interesting issues, thanks guys.

Try unchecking these in your preferences (sounds like you already did) and then click mark read at the bottom (which should mark all of them read). I suspect the preference isn't retroactive, looking forward to hearing back.

1617240283888.png

Interesting issues, thanks guys.

Try unchecking these in your preferences (sounds like you already did) and then click mark read at the bottom (which should mark all of them read). I suspect the preference isn't retroactive, looking forward to hearing back.

View attachment 851815

Yeah, already did that. Started off with doing that and logging out, then back in, thinking that it would cause the site to pickup on the preference change. But it didn't seem to.

There. I had 8 unread alerts. I clicked on the 8th alert and it marked the last 4 read, leaving the first four unread.

It also seems to be moving the alerts around in the list into different order. Maybe that is intentional - I think it is (makes sense to put the unread at the top).

It's been this way for a long time for me. The pattern is Alerts for Posts are marked read after you view them, but Alerts for Feedback, Reviews, and other things (can't remember what all you get Alerts for) don't mark read until you click the "Mark Read" button on the alert.

ETA I have my Alerts preferences set as Joe shows them in Post #6

There. I had 8 unread alerts. I clicked on the 8th alert and it marked the last 4 read, leaving the first four unread.

It also seems to be moving the alerts around in the list into different order. Maybe that is intentional - I think it is (makes sense to put the unread at the top).
I noticed that if I clicked on an alert, any other alert from that particular thread would be marked as read, but like you I've tried both ways as well with no joy.

So today I have twice noticed that the Alerts show X number of unread by the alerts icon, then when I pull down the menu the number changes. Like just now the number by the icon was13, then I pulled down the menu and the number by the icon changed to 8.

Just now there were two unread and when I pulled it down, then moved the mouse off the menu without selecting anything, it marked the 2 as "read". I don't know if anybody is working on this, but that is an improvement too and what I would expect it to do with my preferences.

Thanks for the continued updates @The Heretic. My guess is those alerts are cached in some way and they haven't fully updated. Hopefully it'll shake out soon, but please keep me updated :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top