JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't seem like enough people can make it tomorrow for it to be worth while. Not to mention it'll probably be one of the busiest days of the year at ep. I like the idea of shootin for the cleanup in the 31st

LOL. What the OP wanted was some budget rifle marksmanship training. What he'll get is a bunch of guys shooting guns for a couple hours.

How do you figure that? 1. The get together hasn't even happened yet. 2. The training is being conducted by someone with the credentials and background to do so.

Way to jump to conclusions without having participted in the planning discussions.

Mandrake

I'd like to keep it to about 5-7 people. Can get much more done with a small group.

If the folks like it, they can report back and I'll do another get together.

Am looking at basic rifle manipulations/handling, marksmanship, maint., and some good drills. Then will add movement if all are up to par at that point.

I don't want to leave anyone behind, yet will try not to make it boring for the folks who have been around a rifle awhile.

Get inert rounds for your rifle (IE snap caps or dummy rounds from extreme products or a local gunstore) and you can be practicing and training in dry fire every day. Beyond that, pay close attention to the fundamentals your taught such as sight picture/alignment, Body positioning, as well as breath and trigger control. Once you have a solid foundational comprehension for the fundamentals you can start to write you own rules. I became an ambi shooter after I got out of the Marines.

I and two other friends are currently building a training company called Oregon Defensive Arms Training (O.D.A.T.) we maybe a good fit for you, bear in mind we are really in the middle of setting things in place, we still have to set up online payments, refine courses...etc but you can check out the website and contact Peter Lago who is the founder and arrange a time or we can join a group class.
<broken link removed>

This is from last August but is can give you some idea. 250834.jpg f843adf600b65bedd09b91b183f23db05314cb79.jpg

So this event would have come and gone. Currently me and a couple (4 men total) get together and train about once a month. The more the merrier and if anyone is interested we can either comunicate here or meet and and go over details. I am a fan of move and fire type training with cover but thats a learned skill and takes a while to get there effeciently. doing a couple of shoots focusing on the fundimentals is always good no matter what and while its no cossa course, I find that alot of his stuff is too static and goes agaisnt my training (standing square to the target and presenting your whole body vs. cover and shoot from a lower stable platform)

we have a place where we go out side of either esticada or sandy depending on how many people are at either location and how many of us there are. PM me if you guys want to get together and if you are going to do another shoot here in the future I would be up for it too.

My training is mostly in small units and explosives. I'm not a fan of square range. All I was saying is I'm not a fan of square range shooting. Nothing wrong with it If that's what your into and I don't mean to start a fight but I just don't seem to see where it works into real world. If you have a home invasion you don't stand in the door square to the intruder. You get down on the floor, silhouette them and shoot around the corner of your room door opening. Wichaka, very never met you and have no doubt your training is awesome. But standing in front of square targets and shooting vs team exercises including patrolling with threat calls and egress bounding or fight through bounding makes more sense to me for training and getting together. Peel drill with forward threat and learning proper cover and shooting from cover is one of the things I train with. Not trying to start a fight. I'm too new to this forum and enjoy it. What are your thoughts on my type of training?

Not sure where you think I'm starting a fight, on the contrary...always like to know where folks are coming from, with whom I train with.

Have never figured out the square range term. It always sounded good to me...if it's square, it means we can shoot 360. I guess I think different than most folks! lol

Am never to old to learn new techniques. If I ever get that way, I'll need to have someone slap me and make sure I hang it up.

I come from having been in few street scrapes, as well as having the privilege of being able to sit in on some debriefs and be able to critique the incidents.

Every incident requires a somewhat tailor made response. As long as folks have their fecal matter coagulated, I'm good to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top