JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i'd like to get some marksmanship training but i dont have the cash for training courses you find through your typical commercial training. are there any groups here that train together or a cheaper way i can get hands on help?

i'll be finishing up my AR next month so i would like to get better with it. i feel i have good fundamentals but i know it can be improved pretty easily with a bit of direction. im not looking for the move and shoot kind of training but i would be nice to learn a little more about prone and crouched firing positions and firing from cover considering the rifle is for HD.

What kind of "marksmanship"?
If it's for handgun you can go far (in the practical sense) perfecting the presentation, hammer drop and more with no ammo at all. jerk that gat

I used to run a local training group out of CRPC in Claskanie. Practical/tactical rifle and pistol. We'd do a lot of scenario-based drills, as well as CHP stuff. Free sessions, just had to bring ammo and have the right gear. I don't do it anymore, but I'd be happy to offer technical advice if anyone wants to try to put together something similar. It's easier than it might seem... biggest problem is just getting people to show up!

[email protected]

I hear you. Physically get into all the positions quickly and efficiently from all carry positions and drop the hammer with an unloaded gun.
It's all about muscle memory and visualization.

To do anything you have to understand the concept of being able to call your shots.. meaning know where that slug went even though there's no slug.. live ammo involved

so i'd like to get some marksmanship training but i dont have the cash for training courses you find through your typical commercial training. are there any groups here that train together or a cheaper way i can get hands on help?
I love the fact your reaching out, I agree with certaindeaf and learning muscle memory, but I think you can also teach yourself some bad habits by not getting someone to teach you fundamentals. It's like my golf swing, for years I used my "natural swing". With that, I was fine shooting in the high 80's to low 90's, then I asked my friends to help me and found almost everything natural was killing my game, no one ever taught me the fundamentals or basics, now I hit the ball straighter and farther, sometimes grip it and rip it does not fair so well and you spend a lot of time and money just to be comfortable and aggravated.

i'll be finishing up my AR next month so i would like to get better with it. i feel i have good fundamentals but i know it can be improved pretty easily with a bit of direction. im not looking for the move and shoot kind of training but i would be nice to learn a little more about prone and crouched firing positions and firing from cover considering the rifle is for HD.

I can't believe with as many threads posted on this forum that you haven't heard of Project Appleseed! Appleseed is the first, last, and best basic rifle marksmanship training you'll ever get, and it's only $60.00 for a two day clinic. I just finished up my fifth Appleseed today in fact at Chehelem Valley Sportsman's Club in Dundee, OR.

I see you're in Aloha, so the next event that's closest to you will be either May 17-18 in Medical Lake, WA, June 7-8 in Stevenson, WA, or June 21-22 in Eagle Creek, OR. If I were you I'd opt for the Eagle Creek shoot as it will be at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club which an awesome place to shoot! It's a bit far out from Aloha, but worth the drive.

Here's a link to the Appleseed NW region schedule for the remainder of the year:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=38584.0

Here's a link to the Appleseed home page:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/#

I'd suggest clinking through all the links on the Appleseed button at the top of the page to get an idea of what it's all about. Good luck!

actually ive been looking through all of the info others have provided. i have to be very careful with my budget so i make sure to research what all is provided with each of the programs so that i get the most value.

so far ZA has shown interest in an NWFA group shoot, which im sure would hold the most value but the rest probably have more quality at face value.

sounds like a good plan. i'll have to give a soft yes but later i will be more sure if details get a bit more clear and a day is scheduled.

One thing to add with a group shot, if I was you I would organize a meet and greet prior or the first shot will be a bunch of guys that don't trust each other trying to get to know one another, talking about credentials, keeping an eye on each other, and a little nervous at the same time. Every time I shot with someone new, we end up just trying to trust that each of us is not going to murder each other, just sayin.

One thing to add with a group shot, if I was you I would organize a meet and greet prior or the first shot will be a bunch of guys that don't trust each other trying to get to know one another, talking about credentials, keeping an eye on each other, and a little nervous at the same time. Every time I shot with someone new, we end up just trying to trust that each of us is not going to murder each other, just sayin.

yea a couple of beers does sound good. havnt done that in a while now.

looks like we have a decent group up for it. makes me want to be sure i can get in on it all the more. we will definitely have to start making plans.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top