JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...been around a lot of folks who, when asked their knowledge level, get picked out of the group rather fast when they can't function to their stated ability.

That aside, I'm comfortable with getting to know folks at the planned site. Will be able to see who has what just by observing how they interact and handle themselves and their firearms, prior to any shot being fired.

Am open to whatever the group wants. Pistol, rifle, a bit of both...some armorer schtuff etc.

Standin' by

I would love to meet up with some guys to shoot and learn from you. What kind of location are we talking about? A formal range (in which city) or out in the woods somewhere?

Don't let wichaka talk you out of your brass.

That which Ben has moaned about over the years, is when a bunch of us from M4Carbine got together for a training some years ago. I asked for folks brass as I would get a cost for a mass reload, let everyone know and we'd all share the cost.

Things happened, it didn't get loaded, I don't think we met again..and Ben went off Mt. climbing.

I still have the brass, in the same box from all those years ago. If you want it Ben, its all yours. If it means that much to you, I'll throw in extra.

I now work/rep part time for an ammo company, so can get the brass loaded anytime. Let me know what ya want Ben.

Last Edited:
lol guess we need to bring some tissue just to be sure. i happen to have a bit of mixed brass i can bring along for anyone in the group who wants it. i dont reload but i hang onto it when i go to the range.

That which Ben has moaned about over the years, is when a bunch of us from M4Carbine got together for a training some years ago. I asked for folks brass as I would get a cost for a mass reload, let everyone know and we'd all share the cost.

Things happened, it didn't get loaded, I don't think we met again..and Ben went off Mt. climbing.

I still have the brass, in the same box from all those years ago. If you want it Ben, its all yours. If it means that much to you, I'll throw in extra.

I now work/rep part time for an ammo company, so can get the brass loaded anytime. Let me know what ya want Ben.

Just flippin' you sheep, man. I have absolutely no resent over spent brass (and don't even reload anyway).

I would say have it near where the core group lives. If there's a range that will allow movement etc., then we can try that...but most won't allow it. So me thinks we will be forced to head to the great outdoors somewhere.

I would say have it near where the core group lives. If there's a range that will allow movement etc., then we can try that...but most won't allow it. So me thinks we will be forced to head to the great outdoors somewhere.

seems like the best way to do it.

So at this point who all is interested in joining up for this round of reindeer games. :)

Wichaka if Ben doesn't want the brass and you are not using it, I'll take it. I will pay you with a hardy handshake and my conditional undying gratitude. :D After a very long hiatus I am going to get back into reloading and will always accept brass.

After the discussion this morning I think we are looking at trying to get together in mid June. I am back from Vacation and work travel after the 12th of June. So any weekend after that works for me. Should also help those that need it get time off from work. With that in mind start sounding off with your availability so we can see if a pattern emerges.

As far as an outdoor area goes, what about one of the areas where we did the clean up. Would either of those work?

Kevin mentioned this morning some other considerations including the all important, LUNCH. I personally am okay with just packing a sandwich and some drinks in cooler. However if you all want to do something more extravagant, I am willing to pitch in what I can for the cause.

well it doesnt even have to be anything huge. if anything it could be pre-made stuff and i have a propane stove i can bring to warm up a couple things. all the same im a big fan of cold cuts myself but its nice to have a warm lunch when you can get it.

thats a pretty good question lol. ive been making plans to buy a box of 500 5.56 and being as we are going to shoot for june it makes it relatively easy for me to buy that amount but i cant really afford to buy much more.

Been away for a bit...so let me get caught up.

I'll supply the targets and backers, but need some target stands. I have three...so in the end, will need to know how many exactly will attend, so we can all make sure everyone is covered.

As for ammo amount...I would say at least 300 each of rifle and pistol.

I can pack my own lunch, or do the group thing...am open to either.

Hey new to NWFA but this thread pushed me to make the leap. Id be interested in joining you guys for a group shoot if thats alright. Any idea of when and where yet?

That is kind of the amount I was thinking about as well. BiMart has some at the moment.
Hey new to NWFA but this thread pushed me to make the leap. Id be interested in joining you guys for a group shoot if thats alright. Any idea of when and where yet?

Welcome to the NWFA. Pretty good place to spend some free time.

So far we have no defined where. We did a clean up recently at some outdoor areas and I hope that will work or that someone may chime in with a better spot.

As far as when, Kevin and I have been discussing mid June. I am leaning toward Sat the 21st if that works for everyone else. But any of those weekends in mid June will work for me.

300 rounds is very doable. Between now and mid June I am sure BiMart will get more ammo to handle my 5.56 and 9mm needs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top