JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My place innawoods has been broken in to a few times. They didn't take much but I don't leave anything of real value. I have many out buildings and lot's of junk around so I stash my fuel sources, a 4 cycle water pump and 2 stroke genny under different piles of junk. That stuff hasn't disappeared yet. If a squatter moved in they would find it but the punks that come around at night probably won't.

You need a 2nd place with a few honest/well provisioned neighbors nearby. Then hide your bubblegum anyway.

Buddy had an isolated spot up in the 7 Devils in Idaho. Middle of nowhere. He left nothing of value in it, didn't lock it and always had a small amount of extra food, some split wood for the wood stove for anyone who stumbled on the place in an emergency and needed a bite or to warm up. Some jackwagons showed up and stole his wood stove.

He had a huge 700 lb classic cast antique that he replaced it with, put in a locked metal bar across the road so it was a 100 yard walk up to his place, and started to lock his door.

Next time he showed up the window was broken out, door was wide open and the wood stove was gone. Moral of the story: Isolation isn't the end all-be-all and treat your neighbors well.
I worried about my new woodstove getting taken so after I installed it I built a 4ftx4ftx10inch high frame around the base of the stove and filled it with concrete. I am hoping I never have to replace it because it is going to a mother to get it out.

I was watching Doomsday Preppers last night and saw a guy whose main fear is a solar storm/flare that would cause all electronics on the earth to effectively short out and become inoperable.

Dude was burying stuff in the desert and relying on GPS to mark the location :rolleyes:

If your primary fear is a global EMP...get a map. On paper. :D
(guy was also driving a post 1996 vehicle...)

Fella would be better served wrapping it with 3 layers of heavy duty alum. foil, then a plastic (non-conductive) sleeve or sack over that and into a metal garbage can where he can see it and touch it when needed.

I was watching Doomsday Preppers last night and saw a guy whose main fear is a solar storm/flare that would cause all electronics on the earth to effectively short out and become inoperable.

Dude was burying stuff in the desert and relying on GPS to mark the location :rolleyes:

If your primary fear is a global EMP...get a map. On paper. :D
(guy was also driving a post 1996 vehicle...)

As an aside, based on the historical record, serious scientists are estimating that there is a 12% chance that in the next 10 years we will see something similar to a Carrington Event (google it). If you are 80 years old you can ignore that. If you are 20-30 years old, those are not good odds, especially if you toss in the added chance of an emp burst.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top