JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually the last 30 years has seen an increase in pro gun legislation nationally at the state level states supporting increased regulation are shrinking in number are are the classic liberal strongholds. Look at all the nullification laws being passed on the state level across the US

I would say that Gun Owners have been very active on the whole.
I'm still pinching myself over the 9th Circus overturning CA's hi-cap-mag ban. I lived in CA when those clowns put that in place, made a run for the border to drop all my illegal pieces of plastic at my dad's in AZ. I kept the bullet button on one of my ARs just for nostalgia...

Actually the last 30 years has seen an increase in pro gun legislation nationally at the state level states supporting increased regulation are shrinking in number are are the classic liberal strongholds. Look at all the nullification laws being passed on the state level across the US

Sure as hell not happening where I live 🤬🤬🤬

Actually the last 30 years has seen an increase in pro gun legislation nationally at the state level states supporting increased regulation are shrinking in number and are the classic liberal strongholds. Look at all the nullification laws being passed on the state level across the US

In Red states yes, blue states are still sticking anything and everything negative they can on gun regulations.

People gravitate to ideas and news sources that tend to push and reflect their moral and
political views. It bothers them that alternative sources exist, (see FOX/CNN viewers).
It carries over into all aspects of American life and culture. So NO I dont think there are
many anti 2A people who would read or study any supportive positive 2A information.
They just could not handle anything positive regarding gun rights.

Stoopid! Those articles don't mention the billions/trillions of $$$ pumped into the economy by those "INVESTMENTS" the evil rich have their money in. Those businesses are where people work. People that WORK make money to live. People getting their information from sources like the above, and believing it is the complete and truthful situation?
Good God, more people are dumber than than they ever been .
As I was telling my daughter the other day, billionaires have 99% of their "wealth" invested in stock (or other ownership instruments) in organizations (mostly corporations) that employ people. Whether direct (shares in the corp) or indirect (shares in mutual funds/etc.), these $ are invested eventually in orgs that employ people.

Not in yachts or private jets or mansions. Oh sure, they own those things (more or less - they often pay for them with loans to avoid the capital gains tax and stock dilution, loss of control of their corporations), but those things do not represent anything but a small minority of their wealth.

Make a billionaire start paying taxes on the investments they hold in addition to capital gains, and the billionaires will have to start selling those investments. The proposal is that if you hold 10 billion in investments, then the value increases, you pay something like 20% tax on the increase in value (not realized value - the paper value). So every year, they will have to sell some of those investments, usually diluting their controlling shares.

What is going to happen, IS HAPPENING HOW, is billionaires will move their wealth offshore. Already corporations, long held by families, are being sold to "investors" and the $ moved off-shore to avoid the taxes. I just read about a family owned company, operated for many generations by the family, that is selling off all those assets and moving the assets overseas.

This is what I've maintained for some years now when I couldn't believe the price of something. Get a tree trimmed? Have your car worked on and the labor rate is $100.00/hour. (probably much more now due to the city, state, county, feds adding piddly taxes). The company doing work has a laundry list of people in government they must appease first! The people on the ground, (or in the tree), most likely have to hold a bunch of certifications, that cost them yearly) to have the job . You must get a $100.00 permit to take out a dead or dying tree. Think of the licenses and permits that a restaurant must go through to serve food, license the biz, satisfy, monetarily, the health department. A person wanting to go into business for them selves is going to have to PAY someone to understand, and help them through the process of doing legal business. On and on and on!

Yeah, those rich people DAMN them, they contribute nothing to society. All they do is suck, suck, suck the life from the poor and middle class!

Stoopid! Those articles don't mention the billions/trillions of $$$ pumped into the economy by those "INVESTMENTS" the evil rich have their money in. Those businesses are where people work. People that WORK make money to live. People getting their information from sources like the above, and believing it is the complete and truthful situation?
Good God, more people are dumber than than they ever been .
I never said those richers failed to contribute, I just don't see why they are getting away with paying less income tax than I am?

I contribute too big guy & everyday, so if that's the criteria when can I quit paying income tax?

I never said those richers failed to contribute, I just don't see why they are getting away with paying less income tax than I am?

I contribute too big guy & everyday, so if that's the criteria when can I quit paying income tax?
I suppose you can quit paying income tax when your able to use enough write-offs and tax shelters. Those boys and girls been up there in the house and senate every year for many years. All ya' gotta do is work the system they set up, I guess? That's how them rich guys do it isn't it?

I suppose you can quit paying income tax when your able to use enough write-offs and tax shelters. Those boys and girls been up there in the house and senate every year for many years. All ya' gotta do is work the system they set up, I guess? That's how them rich guys do it isn't it?
Got me-- if I knew I wouldn't be paying any income tax either, I suppose-- Are you saying that all those non-tax paying super richers donate money to others?

Got me-- if I knew I wouldn't be paying any income tax either, I suppose-- Are you saying that all those non-tax paying super richers donate money to others?
I have a feeling all these uber wealthy people pay someone a lot of money to tell them what exactly they need to spend on charity/non-profit stuff to keep their taxable income to a minimum. They aren't really wonderfully benevolent people. They just need to dump a bunch of money to keep from paying taxes! That's just what I have a hunch happens.

1) Taxes are not contributions. Taxes are mandatory by penalty of law. Contributions are voluntary.

2) The reasons people with a large income or a large amount of wealth are:

a) Income taxes rebates, deductions, exemptions, etc., were allowed into the tax code to please vested interests (voters, lobbyists, corporations, etc. - anybody with enough influence to keep politicians in power). I.E., politicians are corrupt.​
b) Most of the wealth that "richers" have is not taxable - it is tied up in assets/investments. Want to see the stock market crash? Start taxing "unrealized income" from those assets and you will see the "richers" moving their $ from the US stock market to overseas. https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...and-basic-gun-laws.378292/page-2#post-2988727
c) People with very low income pay less than you too. The middle class gets "soaked" because the "richers" can afford to pay for influence, and the poor pay for influence with their votes. It is class warfare and people who want to "soak the rich" are buying into the BS the politicians are feeding them.​

Last Edited:
There was an article that said so.

NBC News man!
Oh ok, so propagandized information because people are just following the tax law as it is written and utilizing charitable contributions and various legal tax shelters to minimize their income tax burden, got it!

This whole "rich people don't pay taxes" BS is crap.

Oh ok, so propagandized information because people are just following the tax law as it is written and utilizing charitable contributions and various legal tax shelters to minimize their income tax burden, got it!

This whole "rich people don't pay taxes" BS is crap.
That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about! I was being tongue in cheek when I posted that. Just in case you didn't realize it. ;) For me, anything those main left leaning MSM networks put out should be seriously questioned. And a fair amount of what the right leaning media puts out should be too!

That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about! I was being tongue in cheek when I posted that. Just in case you didn't realize it. ;) For me, anything those main left leaning MSM networks put out should be seriously questioned. And a fair amount of what the right leaning media puts out should be too!
Oh no, I realized it. I mean heck, if liberals have faith at all in the government (which they seem to consider a diety every time they are in political power) they would acknowledge that the IRS' (government) job is to go after people not paying their taxes - you'd think if a bunch of mega rich people weren't in step with the tax law that they'd be happy to deal with that. Unless of course it was the Clintons because the IRS agents don't want to get suicided.

Most of the time when we get more laws it's not that the voters really want it. Its that too many of them just don't care. The gun owning public has long been famous for ignoring what is going on. New laws go in and many of them have no idea years later until they go to buy and find out. Then they get over the top mad at everyone else for not keeping it from happening. :s0054:
I think most folks don't even know what laws are being pushed through! Then you have OryGun who has perfected the "emergency action" fiat to push things through with out voter consent! I did a very informal study of folks I interact with, most vote left, and few actually know or have even heard of what's being peddled around the state capital and by who/which party! These are smart people who normally consider things thoughtfully and carefully, but they still get caught out! I think a lot of this is because the proposed legislation isnt given "Air Time" or much in the way of public discussions, ( Again, something Grygun has perfected, blocking public hearing due to covid, or security from armed patriots) ether way, folks simply are not learning of what the poiticos are up to!
Many don't like it at all and are trying to learn more and follow closer, keep in mind these are mostly left leaning folk, but they are still concerned that things are going way too far left for most of them!
Then you get the folks who agree with some of the anti gun stuff, while they fundamentally support the 2nd, they don't actually understand it, what it means and why, so they believe in the whole "Nobody needs a weapon of war" and nobody needs more then 10 rounds, because to them, the 2nd isn't about defending against all enemies foreign and domestic, or challenging a tyrannical government, they don't see that because it isn't spelled out clearly in the constitution on the surface! This is one of the biggest hurdles to the wider view of the 2nd, it's utter lack of definition spelled out clearly for all to see! So, we have to do what we can to educate them, IF they are even willing to listen, many are not!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

No where does it say anything about defending against a Tyrannical government, or anything else! What is says and what it doesn't say is what gets people all bent about it, and what rights it grants and what it doesn't! Because it doesn't CLEARLY spell things out here in that simple statement, it Implies there could be restrictions to it! This is where we have all the issues, and all the challenges to those rights!

You should prove what you say & force NBC News to print a retraction
Uninterested since most of their readers don't get past a headline. I'm smart enough to understand the difference between income tax, capital gains tax, and how the system is set up. Which is why so many people get upset when media talks about this stuff, because they don't.

Here's a good tidbit from the article that addresses my point:

"Bezos' wealth increased by $127 billion, according to Forbes, but he reported a total of $6.5 billion in income," the article says. "The $1.4 billion he paid in personal federal taxes is a massive number — yet it amounts to a 1.1% true tax rate on the rise in his fortune."

The slant here is so obvious and yet it fools so many idiots. The guy paid 1.4 billion in personal income taxes despite using all the legal methods he could to minimize his tax burden. If his wealth is significantly tied to Amazon stock (which I assume it is), well, of course he doesn't pay taxes on that because unless he sells the stock, there is no tax, and even if he did sell his stock, it would be capital gains tax, not personal income tax.

The understanding of the wording is what tricks the ignorant and it is how the media pushes a story that misleads the public to believe the "rich don't pay taxes" - even in their own article they admit he paid a boatload of taxes, $1.4 billion, which when you look at his personal claimed income of 6.5 billion that's equivalent to about 21.5%

Then when you factor in all the various methods you can reduce your tax burden with charitable contributions, other methods, which I'm sure he employs people whose entire job is to reduce his personal tax liability, it's not surprising that they would do the best they could to achieve that (legally).

Bit of a side note: The term "pay their fair share" is also a favored claim among the economically illiterate and the political leeches. First of all, if this is all my income, my fair share is 100% of it, because it is mine. The government and the poor don't see it that way though, because according to them, since they exist, and someone else has more than they do, they should get some to be "fair." It boggles the mind. Welfare in this country already places 100% of Americans well above the international standard of abject poverty, and yet they want to be paid more simple because they have less than other Americans. This is the type of loser mentality that topples nations because the idiotic masses who are a net financial loss on society try to take what they want believing in some misguided sense of fairness until the people who actually produce just stop producing and then what was affluence shared unequally in abundance then turns to next to nothing / crumbs of what used to be, shared equally.

The other issue we must address is how this guy is getting wealthy. He is providing business services that others voluntarily pay for to receive. He is also the holder of stock in a company that people are trading for voluntarily that has les the stock price to go over $3000.

Where people should really be angry is at politicians. These spineless leaches on society produce nothing except for grief for the American people and they are a major financial loss/expense on the American taxpayer, both in their salary/benefits, but also in their security, and their legislative decisions that are devoid of any economic responsibility.

Poor and ignorant love blaming the rich for their problems when really it is the mirror and the government they should be looking it. I have no issues with a guy who became extremely wealthy through shrewd business endeavors, like Bezos. I have nothing but loathing contempt for politicians who became wealthy at the public trough and by selling out American interests for personal financial gain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top