JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many polls show that the majority of Americans favor stricter gun laws. It would be fascinating to see what % of them actually know what laws are already in the books. Anecdotally, it's less than 5%.
I've met so many non-gun people who legitimately believe you can order a gun offline and have it shipped to your house or that you don't need to run a background check to buy a gun. These beliefs have been parroted by the msm, so it's not unreasonable for the uninitiated to think they're true.
Heck, even in the gun community, many people are not privy to the convoluted and intertwining nuances of firearm legislation.
Just the other day, I was in a conversation with a devout gun nut from Texas, who swore that Texans are allowed to build machine guns if they pay a $500 tax stamp to the state. He was either lying, or seriously uninformed.

Do you think that if the majority of Americans knew the basics of gun laws, they'd still support stricter laws?

The sad truth is that many democrats want all guns to be illegal, however, I believe there are many moderates and independents who would think otherwise if they knew one iota about what they were wanting to legislate.

Media has been working real hard for decades to make people believe we need more gun laws. One upside to the great hoax and the hate all Cops is a LOT of people who had never owned a gun went out to buy one. Whole lot of them had a very rude awakening when they walked in and tried to buy one.
As for gun owners it can be both funny and sad. MANY have no clue about NFA stuff. This was "kind of" easy for me to understand in the days before Al invented the net. Now days I still run into a lot of shooters who still know little and often repeat totally bogus stuff just because they "heard it".

A country run by lawyers for the last 70+ years is difficult to navigate and understand for the average citizen???

Preposterous! It almost seems that a person would be forced to seek legal counsel before engaging in almost any activity.

In other words, it's not just guns. Try opening a business. Or changing the use of your own property. Or having new ideas from your own mind start making tons of money. You will find yourself in a "legal " situation before you know it.

Yes gun laws are already over abundant and somewhat stupid. This situation is not exclusive to firearms tho.

Many polls show that the majority of Americans favor stricter gun laws. It would be fascinating to see what % of them actually know what laws are already in the books. Anecdotally, it's less than 5%.
I've met so many non-gun people who legitimately believe you can order a gun offline and have it shipped to your house or that you don't need to run a background check to buy a gun. These beliefs have been parroted by the msm, so it's not unreasonable for the uninitiated to think they're true.
Heck, even in the gun community, many people are not privy to the convoluted and intertwining nuances of firearm legislation.
Just the other day, I was in a conversation with a devout gun nut from Texas, who swore that Texans are allowed to build machine guns if they pay a $500 tax stamp to the state. He was either lying, or seriously uninformed.

Do you think that if the majority of Americans knew the basics of gun laws, they'd still support stricter laws?

The sad truth is that many democrats want all guns to be illegal, however, I believe there are many moderates and independents who would think otherwise if they knew one iota about what they were wanting to legislate.
Well, our ranks are swelling if the 2020 numbers are correct. But I'm willing to guess the majority of non-gun-owning Americans are very ignorant to not just the laws, but even the basic features and functionality of most firearms. They get their "knowledge" from Hollywood. This includes the media. They use terms like "military-grade weapons" while referring to semi-automatic MSRs, or "semiautomatic pistol" (which is like saying "wet water"). Some proffer the fallacy that the AR-15 "ghost gun" can "disperse 800 rounds per minute from a thirty magazine clip." And for the most part nobody with any real platform is able to fact check or push back. One of my favorite exceptions however is when Nightline's Cynthia McFadden corrected Bloomberg who claimed you just "hold the trigger on an "assault rifle and it goes brrr brr brrr." She scoffs "but those are fully automatic rifles'" He says "ok" and goes back to his bloviation as if that broad hadn't just made his shriveled testes retreat on national television. I wish she'd gone on to explain to him how the NFA makes owning a select-fire weapon nearly impossible for the average person. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter because the fact-manglers have learned -- literally -- how to use The Force to manipulate the simple-minded sycophants who sadly comprise far too big a majority of our society... a direct-result of our piss-poor schools IMHO, which of course teach impressionable utes what to think, never how to think. "These are not the modern sporting rifles you're looking for..."

Last Edited:
Rights (granted to us by our Creator) are not lawfully subject to licensing or licensing requirements (by other humans who assume a higher moral authority over our lives and property).....but this is what we get when we remove that first part of the preamble to the US Constitution, or make rules against discussing that deity mentioned as the cornerstone and true teeth of the document. Remove that part, and we get what we now have.

A country run by lawyers for the last 70+ years is difficult to navigate and understand for the average citizen???

Preposterous! It almost seems that a person would be forced to seek legal counsel before engaging in almost any activity.

In other words, it's not just guns. Try opening a business. Or changing the use of your own property. Or having new ideas from your own mind start making tons of money. You will find yourself in a "legal " situation before you know it.

Yes gun laws are already over abundant and somewhat stupid. This situation is not exclusive to firearms tho.
This is what I've maintained for some years now when I couldn't believe the price of something. Get a tree trimmed? Have your car worked on and the labor rate is $100.00/hour. (probably much more now due to the city, state, county, feds adding piddly taxes). The company doing work has a laundry list of people in government they must appease first! The people on the ground, (or in the tree), most likely have to hold a bunch of certifications, that cost them yearly) to have the job . You must get a $100.00 permit to take out a dead or dying tree. Think of the licenses and permits that a restaurant must go through to serve food, license the biz, satisfy, monetarily, the health department. A person wanting to go into business for them selves is going to have to PAY someone to understand, and help them through the process of doing legal business. On and on and on!
Richest American's pay almost no income taxes, report finds

Yeah, those rich people DAMN them, they contribute nothing to society. All they do is suck, suck, suck the life from the poor and middle class!

Stoopid! Those articles don't mention the billions/trillions of $$$ pumped into the economy by those "INVESTMENTS" the evil rich have their money in. Those businesses are where people work. People that WORK make money to live. People getting their information from sources like the above, and believing it is the complete and truthful situation?
Good God, more people are dumber than than they ever been .

Now days I still run into a lot of shooters who still know little and often repeat totally bogus stuff just because they "heard it".

change a few words here for example involving something as common as using 'silver coins' for daily purchases:
About 4-5 years ago, I took some funds from the bank while cashing a check, in the form of "silver dollars". I got several rolls of them with the idea of using in bribing/educating the grand kids.

IIRC there was (maybe 25, maybe 50 I forget which) in each of a couple rolls.
The last time I looked very closely at 'silver dollar coins' was maybe 20 years ago, and had the notion of the partially clad/part silver/part something else metal that resembled the old Eisenhower dollar of the late 60s.

In reality, they looked more like pot metal bus tokens. They had little weight and no ringing tone from the great silver content of yesteryear.

I started using them as daily cash payment for various small items.

Surprizingly and roughly half the time of using more than 'one' for purchase, they were questioned and examined at length. On at least one most amazing occasion, the clerk in a BANK questioned their authenticity, and I wound up in the managers office demonstrating my remaining roll & advising of the details of my project. Even then the MANAGER had to call some one about 'a customer wants to use these tokens' to pay a bill of nearly $100. Something as basic a 'common coinage' obviously has a lot of bogus information in the queue.

change a few words here for example involving something as common as using 'silver coins' for daily purchases:
About 4-5 years ago, I took some funds from the bank while cashing a check, in the form of "silver dollars". I got several rolls of them with the idea of using in bribing/educating the grand kids.

IIRC there was (maybe 25, maybe 50 I forget which) in each of a couple rolls.
The last time I looked very closely at 'silver dollar coins' was maybe 20 years ago, and had the notion of the partially clad/part silver/part something else metal that resembled the old Eisenhower dollar of the late 60s.

In reality, they looked more like pot metal bus tokens. They had little weight and no ringing tone from the great silver content of yesteryear.

I started using them as daily cash payment for various small items.

Surprizingly and roughly half the time of using more than 'one' for purchase, they were questioned and examined at length. On at least one most amazing occasion, the clerk in a BANK questioned their authenticity, and I wound up in the managers office demonstrating my remaining roll & advising of the details of my project. Even then the MANAGER had to call some one about 'a customer wants to use these tokens' to pay a bill of nearly $100. Something as basic a 'common coinage' obviously has a lot of bogus information in the queue.
When they first came out with those gold colored $1 coins I thought they were a great idea. Always kept some handy for things like tips. It was funny how many people looked at them and thought they were not "real money". :confused:

I still gather them year round.

The gold color dollar is primo Easter egg filler. Littler kids love them.
Years ago the Fed got their panties all in a bunch over these. They had tons of them as they could not interest anyone. So some brain power set up a deal where you could order them on line and get free shipping. So some guy was buying as much as they would allow in one sale. Using a credit card with points to pay. He would then take the load to a bank and cash them in. He had done it for a while before it got the attention of someone and they made it stop. I got a good laugh out of it.

Listen folks we have licensed dealers who don't understand the laws. I deal with it all the time when I find pre 1899 firearms I am interested in and on principle I tell individuals and dealers the same thing when they get stupid because they refuse to be educated.

I am not doing a transfer on an Antique sell it to someone who will. It is about principle for me and nothing else.

I have yet to see a single credible poll that indicates Americans want stricter gun laws. How big was the sample and where was the polling done ?
What methodology was used to collect the responses ?

I work with statistics I know how jigger a poll to the get the answers I want . As does any other good pollster .... Take that for what it is .

I have yet to see a single credible poll that indicates Americans want stricter gun laws. How big was the sample and where was the polling done ?
What methodology was used to collect the responses ?

I work with statistics I know how jigger a poll to the get the answers I want . As does any other good pollster .... Take that for what it is .
Most of the time when we get more laws it's not that the voters really want it. Its that too many of them just don't care. The gun owning public has long been famous for ignoring what is going on. New laws go in and many of them have no idea years later until they go to buy and find out. Then they get over the top mad at everyone else for not keeping it from happening. :s0054:

Most of the time when we get more laws it's not that the voters really want it. Its that too many of them just don't care. The gun owning public has long been famous for ignoring what is going on. New laws go in and many of them have no idea years later until they go to buy and find out. Then they get over the top mad at everyone else for not keeping it from happening. :s0054:
Actually the last 30 years has seen an increase in pro gun legislation nationally at the state level states supporting increased regulation are shrinking in number and are the classic liberal strongholds. Look at all the nullification laws being passed on the state level across the US

I would say that Gun Owners have been very active on the whole.

Last Edited:
Rights (granted to us by our Creator) are not lawfully subject to licensing or licensing requirements (by other humans who assume a higher moral authority over our lives and property).....but this is what we get when we remove that first part of the preamble to the US Constitution, or make rules against discussing that deity mentioned as the cornerstone and true teeth of the document. Remove that part, and we get what we now have.
Such an important point. But we have allowed ourselves to be conditioned to the state violating our sacred rights. All they have to tell us is "for our own good..." I mean they had 90% wearing a diaper on our face to be seen in public for the last year and change...

This phenomenon becomes more acute as you near the extremes of the political spectrum, of course. Seems the extreme left is having its moment in the sun right now. Fortunately I think the soccer moms are starting to get a different kind of woke and will be pushing back on a lot of this crap. The wokes have overplayed their hand with CRT and calling mothers 'birthing people.' "WE ARE NOT SOCCER BIRTHING PEOPLE!" :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top