JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Something different while shooting last Sunday. We had a 100 yard target set up with computer printed targets stapled on the board. Not a very large bullseye but regardless I was benchresting my NEF .223 very solidly and shots were all over the paper. Load was a good reload with match grade BT bullets. Anyway I had a couple group close so after zeroing as close as I could I told my friend to find a random target on the berm and I will shoot at it. So a small piece of orange clay was the first - dust one clay fragment. Next was a small chunk of wood near the berm. I aim at the end to send it spinning and it took off like a rotor blade! I am still getting used to my 'new' eye but maybe I need a target with a more defined bullseye to zero on. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

I usually use a copy of a target that I scanned. I have a roll of 1" pink, stick on dots that I like to use to sharpen up the aiming point.

Something different while shooting last Sunday. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

As a couple others have mentioned. I too would try some kind of dots. My old eyes have trouble shooting at a black target if I'm using a scope. works with a dot, green or Red, or iron if I paint the front sight white. The black on black for some reason makes it hard on me too. Aging eyes has always been my guess.

This is the target I was using but NOT the rifle string - this was however a 17 yard 7 round dump from my 1911 - the last shot is the one closest to the bullseye when I 'adjusted' with a little 'Kentucky Windage'
TARGET1.jpg

Why not just use paper plates painted orange or something. You could draw a small dot in the middle in a different color.

I have pretty bad vision even with glasses. In low light I can't see squat.

Why not just use paper plates painted orange or something. You could draw a small dot in the middle in a different color.

I have pretty bad vision even with glasses. In low light I can't see squat.

Those are what I use for outdoor shooting. Been using them since childhood. For the indoor I used some kind of "shoot'n'see. Tried many different brands. All seem to work well. When I learned to shoot at 5 the paper plates was what my Dad was using for us.

Something different while shooting last Sunday. We had a 100 yard target set up with computer printed targets stapled on the board. Not a very large bullseye but regardless I was benchresting my NEF .223 very solidly and shots were all over the paper. Load was a good reload with match grade BT bullets. Anyway I had a couple group close so after zeroing as close as I could I told my friend to find a random target on the berm and I will shoot at it. So a small piece of orange clay was the first - dust one clay fragment. Next was a small chunk of wood near the berm. I aim at the end to send it spinning and it took off like a rotor blade! I am still getting used to my 'new' eye but maybe I need a target with a more defined bullseye to zero on. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

I could use a new eye. Where did you pick yours up?

Oh, And do they have any shoulders, backs and knees? ;)

Amazon has some great deals in the shoot N see type targets in various shapes and sizes. I just buy a mega pack every now and then. Much cheaper than Bimart.

Due to a long term medication, I went blind from cataracts in my fifty's.
I will never will forget the first lens implant. When DR Fine in Eugene removed the tools from my eye, looking across the room and I saw the clock I spoke out loud, I can see!!!
Silver Hand

I can completely understand the color issue. I have 2 of the same handguns (Canik TP9SF), one black & just got a tan.

The black shoots POA near perfect for me, whereas I just took the tan out and I was way way off. Let a friend shoot it & he was spot on every time & had never shot it before. Took me a while to figure out that the color was messing with my focal plane.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top