JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Something different while shooting last Sunday. We had a 100 yard target set up with computer printed targets stapled on the board. Not a very large bullseye but regardless I was benchresting my NEF .223 very solidly and shots were all over the paper. Load was a good reload with match grade BT bullets. Anyway I had a couple group close so after zeroing as close as I could I told my friend to find a random target on the berm and I will shoot at it. So a small piece of orange clay was the first - dust one clay fragment. Next was a small chunk of wood near the berm. I aim at the end to send it spinning and it took off like a rotor blade! I am still getting used to my 'new' eye but maybe I need a target with a more defined bullseye to zero on. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

I usually use a copy of a target that I scanned. I have a roll of 1" pink, stick on dots that I like to use to sharpen up the aiming point.

Something different while shooting last Sunday. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

As a couple others have mentioned. I too would try some kind of dots. My old eyes have trouble shooting at a black target if I'm using a scope. works with a dot, green or Red, or iron if I paint the front sight white. The black on black for some reason makes it hard on me too. Aging eyes has always been my guess.

This is the target I was using but NOT the rifle string - this was however a 17 yard 7 round dump from my 1911 - the last shot is the one closest to the bullseye when I 'adjusted' with a little 'Kentucky Windage'
TARGET1.jpg

Why not just use paper plates painted orange or something. You could draw a small dot in the middle in a different color.

I have pretty bad vision even with glasses. In low light I can't see squat.

Why not just use paper plates painted orange or something. You could draw a small dot in the middle in a different color.

I have pretty bad vision even with glasses. In low light I can't see squat.

Those are what I use for outdoor shooting. Been using them since childhood. For the indoor I used some kind of "shoot'n'see. Tried many different brands. All seem to work well. When I learned to shoot at 5 the paper plates was what my Dad was using for us.

Something different while shooting last Sunday. We had a 100 yard target set up with computer printed targets stapled on the board. Not a very large bullseye but regardless I was benchresting my NEF .223 very solidly and shots were all over the paper. Load was a good reload with match grade BT bullets. Anyway I had a couple group close so after zeroing as close as I could I told my friend to find a random target on the berm and I will shoot at it. So a small piece of orange clay was the first - dust one clay fragment. Next was a small chunk of wood near the berm. I aim at the end to send it spinning and it took off like a rotor blade! I am still getting used to my 'new' eye but maybe I need a target with a more defined bullseye to zero on. Anyone ever find one paper target better than another?

I could use a new eye. Where did you pick yours up?

Oh, And do they have any shoulders, backs and knees? ;)

Amazon has some great deals in the shoot N see type targets in various shapes and sizes. I just buy a mega pack every now and then. Much cheaper than Bimart.

Due to a long term medication, I went blind from cataracts in my fifty's.
I will never will forget the first lens implant. When DR Fine in Eugene removed the tools from my eye, looking across the room and I saw the clock I spoke out loud, I can see!!!
Silver Hand

I can completely understand the color issue. I have 2 of the same handguns (Canik TP9SF), one black & just got a tan.

The black shoots POA near perfect for me, whereas I just took the tan out and I was way way off. Let a friend shoot it & he was spot on every time & had never shot it before. Took me a while to figure out that the color was messing with my focal plane.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top