Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obama's budget signing leaves wolf advocates howling (but Hooray for deer and elk!)

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Dave Workman, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

President Obama’s signature on the budget resolution that removes wolves from federal protection in several western states, including part of Washington doesn’t mean that Evergreen State hunters should plan on hunting a big predator anytime soon.

Obama

2. Mica

Mica Eugene Active Member

When they opened it up in Idaho. it didnt take long to start filling tags. they can desimate deer and elk poulations fast, when left un checked.

3. mpmax

mpmax Woodburn Active Member

Anti's will tie this up in court FOREVER. Obama will look mainstream, but no change in wolf population-continued decline in deer/elk numbers. Hollow policy.

4. boots

boots WA New Member

Hopefully that doesn't happen and this fall Idaho will have a season again

5. buckfynn

buckfynn Idaho New Member

It is looking like Idaho Fish and Game is planning on offering wolf tags for a fall hunt for 2011.

6. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

there is a reason these animals were killed off! you know if you just stand back and apply logic to EVERYTHING in this world/ US,it would be just fine.but in stead you have a bunch of bums trying to save the world one cuddly wolf at a time,as it packs off a few kids and they say we are encroaching in there habitat. give me a break!

7. ehunter

ehunter Hilllsboro Oregon Member

This is a step in the right direction but I am taking a wait and see attitude. I am guess we will never see wolf hunting in Oregon too many liberals in this state to allow that. Heck there are groups trying to protection of cats. Cats are currently doing more harm than wolves. If they have their way we won't be hunting cats much longer.

8. buckfynn

Now it looks like Idaho and Montana will have fall wolf hunts. The tags are on sale for wolves now in Idaho $11.50 for residents and $186 for nonresidents plus the cost of a hunting licence. Personally, I am glad the wolf is delisted from the "endangered species" list and each state is now in control of managing wolves and not the federal government.

Ehunter just wait until Oregon gets a more substantial wolf population. The same Libs, PETAs, tree huggers, and other anti-hunter groups will be yelling save the wolf just like the are doing with the big cats in your state. I have seen areas in Idaho where cougars have been hard on elk and deer, but there is no comparison to the damage cougars can do compared to what the wolves have done to the game population in Idaho. In many places in Central Idaho where there use to be thriving elk and deer population, they are almost non-existent.

9. ehunter

ehunter Hilllsboro Oregon Member

Buckfynn I know your right I have been following whats going on over there. At least you have a govenor who will stand up to the FEDS in our state they can't wait to kiss their feet and bend over back words we have no politicians with a spine in this state. Portland and the libs rule. I don't even have a senator or congressmen to complain too:paranoid:

10. buckfynn

I ran across a deal about a you tube video of people trying to change the cougar hunting laws in Oregon. I thought you might be interested ib it.

YouTube - Support Oregon HB 2337