Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obama picks Seattle Pol

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by sidro, Sep 18, 2010.

1. sidro

sidro southeast New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

404 not found

3. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Remove the \
    Obama Reveals Anti-Gun U.N. Intent; Sends Ex-Seattle Mayor as Rep - Yahoo! News

Nickels was a terrible mayor. Sam Adams is also terrible (why is he still mayor of Portland again?). The UN is terrible too.

I don't believe the US will join any UN treaties that ban guns. Many countries such as Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Canada, and others will not go along with something like that either. Democrats are going to have a hard enough time this election already because everyone hates their economic policies now, they will not be banning guns any time soon.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Local News | Seattle gun ban ordered drawn up by Mayor Greg Nickels | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Nickels was willing to try to use trespass laws to circumvent state preemption laws. He's a gun grabber. He's also a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Is there a mayor in that organization who's not a gun grabber?

I seriously doubt we can legally enter into a treaty to "ban guns" given the recent 2nd amendment cases and Reid v. Covert which states the Constitution supersedes treaties. Nickels may ignore those details because he has already demonstrated he's willing to ignore the law as long as it coincides with his beliefs.

5. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

All it takes is a majority of judges on the bench to reinterpret the Constitution. Look at how the interpretation of the separation of church and state has been redefined.

6. John Brown

John Brown Seattle Member

Nickelbag needs to just GO AWAY.

7. sidro

sidro southeast New Member

Thanks for your local prespective. Sounds like a man who bears watching.

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

While Nickels is no friend of 2A issues, I'd guess this has more to do with his connections to the Obama Administration (Locke is Sec. or Commerce and Sims is doing something in HUD) & the fact that his gig at Harvard may be winding down so he needs a new job. Yes - he deserves to be watched on this issue - but I doubt the primary motivation is to have him sign some UN gun ban treaty.

9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The problem is that this appointment is ONE MORE signal from the Obama admin about its anti-gun philosophy.

He named former Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske as the drug czar
    Gary Lock (former anti-gun governor) is at Commerce
    Anti-gunner Eric Holder is AG
    Anti-gunner Janet Napolitano is HS
    Rahm Emanuel is CoS
    Hillary is at State

Greg Nickels is in a perfect spot to represent the anti-gun views of this admin to the world

10. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

And that's not even IN the constitution...

11. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

I'd like to see the bears watching him very closely...