JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have mentioned the entitlement generation before and I'll ask whose fault is it that there is a generation like that? They didn't pop out of the ground or fall from the sky; another generation raised them to be the way they are. If you want to cast blame go back in time to the generation that spawned the manifestation of the thinking you disagree with.

Believe it or not, I come from that generation! Generation X and Y are full of freeloaders. So, who's to blame? Probably your generation. Though there are some of us who have ambition and drive, the vast majority have grown up in households that have had their Xboxes, Dominos Pizza and TV to raise the children. So, thank my parents generation for their amazing lack of disciple and parenting skills.
However, I'm not into playing the blame game...you're either proactive and a doer or a follower that is waiting to be told what to do. Just because my parents generation made some bad choices doesn't mean I'm willing to roll over and become a pawn for the degenerate society of today.

Believe it or not, I come from that generation! Generation X and Y are full of freeloaders. So, who's to blame? Probably your generation. Though there are some of us who have ambition and drive, the vast majority have grown up in households that have had their Xboxes, Dominos Pizza and TV to raise the children. So, thank my parents generation for their amazing lack of disciple and parenting skills.
However, I'm not into playing the blame game...you're either proactive and a doer or a follower that is waiting to be told what to do. Just because my parents generation made some bad choices doesn't mean I'm willing to roll over and become a pawn for the degenerate society of today.

Bingo! I am with you 100% simon99, and appreciate your ambition to excel in life.

I am saying though, that while it's easy to label a generation lazy, one has to look at the root cause of the malady and then do what we can to fix it. IMO, this all goes back to the post war (WWII) boom and the folks who lived through the depression and the war not wanting their children to go through the hard times they did. This coupled with a massive increase in the standard of living made it easy to let past rules and moral teaching slide in favor of easy living. This trend kept up and eventually fewer families passed along parenting skills. And here we are today.

There are a lot of good families and ambitious young people out there though, so don't lose faith.

Bingo! I am with you 100% simon99, and appreciate your ambition to excel in life.

I am saying though, that while it's easy to label a generation lazy, one has to look at the root cause of the malady and then do what we can to fix it. IMO, this all goes back to the post war (WWII) boom and the folks who lived through the depression and the war not wanting their children to go through the hard times they did. This coupled with a massive increase in the standard of living made it easy to let past rules and moral teaching slide in favor of easy living. This trend kept up and eventually fewer families passed along parenting skills. And here we are today.

There are a lot of good families and ambitious young people out there though, so don't lose faith.

I agree a million percent! Unfortunately, I have lost a bit of faith in my generation. I have my own business and associate with others from my age bracket that share my worldview. Believe it or not, most of us can't find employees at all from the Gen Y sector. They're just too darn lazy. I've tried to have them work for me and they just can't cut it. They want to work 30 hours a week, show up late, get off early, take long lunches and get paid top dollar for crappy work combined with a bad attitude. Talk about awesome!
My parents had the right idea. I actually had real chores to do, worked on a dairy farm when I was 12, commercial salmon fished in Alaska every summer with my uncles from ages 13- 18, joined the Marine Corps, got out and have my own business.
The American Dream is still available, you just have to want to work for it.

Next? That would be civil war my friend.

Impeachment, FIRST.

Riots. Second

Civil War. Third.

Repair Nation to Constitutional Status, Fourth.

Politicians, re-swear oath of Allegiance, Fifth, upon New Phrase, or "Hang me for Treason"

Fixed that for you, OH5

Philip
In the BoonDocks, we like Order in our Hangings. No POPCORN, neither, its not a Party, or Movie, it is a Serious Event, and yes, suitable, for ages Ten, and older, mandatory observation.

"Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the accused, found guilty of Treason, is going to drop, with a safety Rope, around their neck, so that the Ground of America, not be damaged, all in attendance, stand by to watch"

I agree a million percent! Unfortunately, I have lost a bit of faith in my generation. I have my own business and associate with others from my age bracket that share my worldview. Believe it or not, most of us can't find employees at all from the Gen Y sector. They're just too darn lazy. I've tried to have them work for me and they just can't cut it. They want to work 30 hours a week, show up late, get off early, take long lunches and get paid top dollar for crappy work combined with a bad attitude. Talk about awesome!
My parents had the right idea. I actually had real chores to do, worked on a dairy farm when I was 12, commercial salmon fished in Alaska every summer with my uncles from ages 13- 18, joined the Marine Corps, got out and have my own business.

You are a good man, simon99 - best of luck with your business and your future.

I figure this: if things are so bad why is the stock market doing so well? It's the positive thinkers that make their own luck.

Not the same generation but sounds like Duck Dynasty!!!!!!

Damn a real true blood American.
Good work ethic by experience. Not many around anymore.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top