JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its working. It just took 25 years is all.

Meanwhile plenty areas here have weekends without a shooting and no common sense gun legislation. :rolleyes:

Having moved from NYC (lived there 39 years) to Oregon, I can tell you that having more physical space (which translates into time space and then mental space), really helps to de-escalate stupid things that happen outside between people.

Super high-dense living is really not good for people and just adds to the stress of daily life. In NYC, 8 million people are crammed into such a small space, so there are a lot lot lot of neighbor spats and people pissed at being bumped into on the street, etc.. Some of which already escalates into physical fighting. I can imagine what would happen if firearms got into the equation: NYC would have a lot more situations like the "mattress" shooting back in Texas.

There is also the issue of people back in the 1980's killing government officials because they were unhappy with them, vigilante justice, etc. Murders did drop drastically once the gun laws were put into place back in the 1980's.

Having moved from NYC (lived there 39 years) to Oregon, I can tell you that having more physical space (which translates into time space and then mental space), really helps to de-escalate stupid things that happen outside between people.

Super high-dense living is really not good for people and just adds to the stress of daily life. In NYC, 8 million people are crammed into such a small space, so there are a lot lot lot of neighbor spats and people pissed at being bumped into on the street, etc.. Some of which already escalates into physical fighting. I can imagine what would happen if firearms got into the equation: NYC would have a lot more situations like the "mattress" shooting back in Texas.

There is also the issue of people back in the 1980's killing government officials because they were unhappy with them, vigilante justice, etc. Murders did drop drastically once the gun laws were put into place back in the 1980's.

Based on your post it sounds like rather than gun laws nyc should have state mandated anger management classes for all residents.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top