JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The short version: a man catches the local police stealing his Pro 2nd ammendment/repeal NY Safe act sign on his property via camera after having a couple of other signs stolen from him and a neighbor making a complaint.

Somers, NY Police Officer Caught Stealing Signs Advocating for Repeal of SAFE Act | The Truth About Guns

Fed-Up NY Man Sets Up Hidden Camera to Find Out Who Was Repeatedly Stealing His Pro-Gun Sign ? What He Discovered Blew Him Away | TheBlaze.com

Original NYfirearms thread:

so , remember my repeal the safe act sign issue....

Look at the bright side, he wasn't writing tickets at that particular point in time. Wouldn't you just love to be pulled over by a p-rick like this?

Yes it should be his job. But maybe he was under orders.?? Behavior like this begs the question: if he disobeys the laws in the little things what about the big things like evidence, or excessive force, or free donuts turning in to free drugs??

We place our trust in LEOs to be law abiding and so forth.
Some, clearly are not.

Brutus out

I would insist he gets charged with theft.

Problem is that we know all too well that a sympathetic DA would not do a thing.
If those elected official share that sentiment they will simply ignore the issue.
If you're in an area when majority of residents share it then you are completely without recourse, as the voters will back the politicians.

Best I could do is rig the sign with a couple of hidden electric fence wires, and hooked up to an electric fence box.

Alternative solution is a animal control device called a Scarecrow. It is a motion activated sprinkler head that will shoot about 2 cups of water in 3 seconds, then reset.
I have a koi pond and used 2 of these to keep predators away. One summer I have noticed a path developing across my front yard. I setup a camera to figure out who and it turns out it was the postman. I attempted 3 different way to block his path and force him to stay on the sidewalk. My yard by the way is raised and about 2 feet above the sidewalk level. He walked around whatever I did. I even completely blocked tthe stairs he used to get up into the yard. He just walk 3 feet further to where he could step and climb up using the retaining wall bolders. I even put in waist high survey posts and stung string or ribbon between them. Did not work, he just stepped over it and continued on.
Eventually I moved one of my Scarecrows to where he was cutting across, hiding it by a bush.
I did not set the video recorded on that morning, so I missed seeing him get hit by the water, but he did stop cutting across my yard.

Just a lesson that you should get a camera for your car (dvr), home and person. With 1080 video cameras at $69 there is no excuse not to have one when you need one.

The police state you live in is filming you an average of 133 times a day. You better be using the same tech to some level advantage.

I'd say... buy a dye pack and set it to go off if the thing is disturbed. Let the officer get splashed by harmless (but long lasting) dye and then try and explain what he was doing on your property without your consent.

Or Pink paintball landmines charged with CO2. Step on them and his legs turn pink. That would be hilarious. Of course you would probably be arrested for 'something' - there is always some way to arrest a pee on property owner.

I used to have some farm signs that I put up and in one spot someone would always tear them down.
I got some permanent Prussian Blue and coated the Back of the sign with a lot of it. If they did not notice it, it would have turned their car, clothes and anything they touched dark blue. After that one no one messed with them anymore.
I spent several nights out up in a tree camoed up watching for them, but they never came while I was there. The Prussian blue did the trick. My guess is they are still trying to get it off their steering wheel and car seat. I know their hands were blue for a month or two.

So, with increasing frequency the "law" is becoming "lawless". When are good men expected to throw down the gauntlet?

How many sheit pies must one be forced to eat?

What will it take?

When they confiscate your gas-guzzler?

Control the thermostat & lights in your home?

A 90% income tax?

Compulsory "public service" on work crews?

Abducting your daughter because some dirty old "elite" saw her walking home from school, and wants to "tap that"?

What are you "liberal" "government loving" hippies going to do then?

Do you think you'll be immune?

You'll be the first to go WHEN it gets to this point.

Has the cop been charged and arrested yet?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Has the cop been charged and arrested yet?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Have not heard, but I am sure they will find a way for him to skate on it.
Here is some phone numbers and address to the dept.

Somers Police Department's information below if you would like to question them about these illegal actions.

Website Somers, NY - Police Department

Michael Driscoll Police Chief
Somers, NY 10589
Mailing Address:
335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589
Phone:
914-232-9622
Fax:
914-232-1795
Read more at Somers, NY Police Officer Caught Stealing "Pro 2nd Amendment" Sign : Freedom Outpost

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top