Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Announcement NWFA WINTER GIVEAWAY 2016 - JANUARY 28TH

Discussion in 'Northwest Firearms Announcements' started by Joe Link, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

nwfa_gw_winter_2016-medium.png

They're back folks! We're excited to announce the NWFA Winter Giveaway 2016, marking the return of our popular Supporting Member drawings!

We're holding this giveaway (and one every three months after) as a show of appreciation for our Supporting Members, whose financial contributions make this site possible. The value and quantity of the giveaway prizes reflect the amount of donations we've received during the previous three months. Supporting Vendors may also donate items or services for extra publicity, so watch for bonus prizes!
    Current supporters are automatically given one to five entries based on their level of support. Simply visit the giveaway page and enter now.

Members who wish to become supporters can do so via the donation page, which is also accessible through the link at the bottom of the page. Non-supporters who do not wish to contribute may enter via postcard as outlined in the rules below.

Winners will be drawn and announced the evening of January 28th, 2016 at 6pm.
    All entries must be received by January 27th, no later than 5pm.

Now onto the prizes - good luck everyone! :)

Grand Prize: $150 Cabela's Gift Card
    Courtesy of Northwest Firearms

cabelas_gift_card_120.jpg

Second Prize: $100 Cabela's Gift Card

Third Prize: $50 Cabela's Gift Card

Official Rules

GOG and Tbucket like this.
  2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You guys are welcome to post in these announcement threads :s0112:

3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I call dibs on the Grand Prize: $150 Cabela's Gift Card...lol :D

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  4. Joe Link

Hah! What would you spend it on?

5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Something cool from the bargain basement :D

GOG and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  6. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Entered. Thank you!!

Joe Link likes this.
  7. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I entered, Thanks for the opportunity Joe! Glad my donations can be of help.

Joe Link likes this.
  8. Patriot1668

Patriot1668 SW Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Entered, although I may use up my luck winning the Powerball drawing!
    :s0023::s0023::s0023::s0023::s0023:

MilitantBEEMER likes this.
  9. gimpyhunter

gimpyhunter K-Falls Oregon Member

I hope someone wins. It won't be me. I can't find anyplace to enter. Guess I'm too dumb to win.

10. Joe Link

This is the announcement thread, here's the giveaway / entry page.

Supporters can enter automatically online ;)

11. gimpyhunter

Smile. Yup I was there already. Unless there is a hidden button to push to enter, I'm at a loss. Or do I have to donate something to enter? I'm getting older as we speak so I'm trying to figure out of I'm just a CRS patient or if there's a trick I'm missing?

12. Joe Link

No problem! Members who donate (supporters) can enter online, with the button appearing after they do so. Those who wish to enter but not donate can enter via postcard.

13. gimpyhunter

Ah, I missed that last sentence.

Joe Link likes this.
  14. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Be interesting to see how many new supporters this generates.

Joe Link likes this.
  15. Joe Link

So far it's not going all that well, just a little over the break-even point.

Hopefully that will change as we get closer to the date of the drawing :)

x2ndxall likes this.
  16. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

So how does this work if someone want's to enter but can only donate $5.00-$10.00.....Mail in a check with entry postcard? Hit the donate button and use credit/debit for $5.00-$10.00 AND mail in a postcard with transaction info? Put a $5.00- $10.00 bill in an envelope with the postcard. You will accept any size donation I presume? $4.67?

If I hadn't been in the loop for a few years I can see where it might be a bit confusing. Hell, us supporters got it easy, it says right there in plain English how many entries we got. Just hit the button!:D

17. Joe Link

I might need to clarify it a bit :D

There's no purchase/donation necessary to enter via postcard, one just needs to read the rules for the info and send it in. If he or she felt like donating what they could, they could use the donate button on the sidebar of the donate page.

The minimum for the online entry is the $5 monthly donation option.

18. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've never seen so many support banners in one thread:p

19. Joe Link

Says the three banner general :p

edslhead likes this.
  20. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I understand all this. What I'm seeing as confusing, especially to a new member that may not be all that computer savvy....Where to donate? I finally find "Donate" under the information drop-down. Once there...Crazy the donate button with CC choice info wasn't there the first time(glitch?).

The rules to the drawing, I think are fairly easy. Finding a place to donate is not. Perhaps if you could make it easier (for us less savvy users) to donate $5.00 (Because it doesn't seem quite right to enter without throwing some little tidbit to the upkeep of the board) Now another question would be....Wifey is not a yearly supporter. Can Wifey receive one(1) free entry for this months contest with a single $5.00 donation?

I'm really not trying to be all picky about this I'm only trying to make it easier for people to send MONEY! This is terribly off topic too I realize now, sorry. Move or delete as you see fit Joe.:(

x2ndxall and Joe Link like this.