JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just looking at an app that shows local crime over the last week and was surprised how much crime there was.

There was a fellow saying in another thread that statistically it's unlikely poeple would need to carry a gun. But this one area alone in Portland had four reported shootings in the last week. Maybe this is one of the worst areas but still it's a lot. Portland is getting flat out dangerous imo.

94F4F01A-DE50-4876-9650-11318612FBAF.jpeg

Last Edited:
What app is that?

The app is called "Ring" which is associated with the little "ring" home security camera (It's a wifi based camera that sends ur phone alerts & videos of anybody snooping around your house). Just a guess but you can probably use the crime mapping part of the app without having the camera. Worth a try anyway. It's a free app. It also shows videos from your neighbors of guys snooping around, stealing packages, etc.

How about a link?

Portland is literally turning to crap. A lot, or most? of it is being ignored. The only people that matter in potland any more seem to be bicycle rider and pedestrians. The crime and homeless are being ignored, while major efforts get put into soccer , MLB, anti trump and sanctuary city status. Call 911 at 4:00pm on a weekday? You get put on hold. I don't have the chart, but last I heard potland has the same number of police on the streets as we did in the late '70s.

That map you have there shows the Gateway district. Going to the Gateway Freddy's is like going to a prison. Solar operated security cameras in the parking lot. Constricted entry and exit points to make thievery more difficult. The light rail has turned into a transportation system for criminal activity.

The roads in many potland neighborhood are crumbling, while many, MAIN arterial roads are having the speed limits reduced to 20-30 mph. Because, it would seem, pedestrians are too stupid to look, BEFORE they walk out into traffic! Traffic light all over potland have sensor pads in the pavement, yet aren't adjust to help traffic flow.

Damn, sorry about the off topic.:(

there is oh soooo much that the general public does not hear about, does not make it to the media ect.
get a scanner app for your phone and listen to pdx cops, especially 2am to about 6am and hear the weird poop and what the police wont do, it is utterly amazing!
again, there is a lot that does not get out to the tax payers, and its not just portland, it is everywhere.

Even on this forum, there's lots of snowflakes that think the police and government will take care of them.:confused:
Yea, I posted a week ago ago about a homeless man beating a naked woman. We called 911 and after 35 min. still no police. That is NOT a knock on the police at all. Repeat, not at all. It's just that there is so much crazy B.S. going on there is just no way the police can get to it all (IMO anyway).

there is oh soooo much that the general public does not hear about, does not make it to the media ect.
get a scanner app for your phone and listen to pdx cops, especially 2am to about 6am and hear the weird poop and what the police wont do, it is utterly amazing!
again, there is a lot that does not get out to the tax payers, and its not just portland, it is everywhere.

Oddly enough, just yesterday I was completing a transaction started here and went to the interstate Fred Meyer over off of Lombard and we were listening to that phone scanner app. In the time it took us to drive from around Clackamas Town center and back not only was the dispatcher busy but we were witness to two of the situations called in. "On scene" so to speak.

Oddly enough, just yesterday I was completing a transaction started here and went to the interstate Fred Meyer over off of Lombard and we were listening to that phone scanner app. In the time it took us to drive from around Clackamas Town center and back not only was the dispatcher busy but we were witness to two of the situations called in. "On scene" so to speak.
Is that the "5-0 radio" app? That's a good app.

Thanks all, it's theads like these that remind me I DEFINITELY made the right decision to move away from there! I would encourage all who can to do the same! I feel much better!

Thanks all, it's theads like these that remind me I DEFINITELY made the right decision to move away from there! I would encourage all who can to do the same! I feel much better!

Lakeview Coastal? Or Eastern Oregon?

Eastern Oregon. It's not perfect, there are quite a few meth heads in the actual town, but they are easy to spot!

Hwy 395 also serves as a drug running artery, but they are headed up north and don't stop here much!

Wow, that's way out!

Where's the nearest full service skilled medical? Sky Lakes (Klamath Falls)?

Eastern Oregon. It's not perfect, there are quite a few meth heads in the actual town, but they are easy to spot!

Hwy 395 also serves as a drug running artery, but they are headed up north and don't stop here much!

I was born rural, and must become rural again. PDX was pretty neat when I came here in 1983. Fun, cool funky. Now it's a pit under a toilet seat. :( I can't do the cold though. So, coastal it will be. That's why I asked which Lakeview

Gets COLD there....but it looks like a nice town. I stop there every time I drive thru.
Yes sir! Was -30F once during the winter of 2016! Last winter was a total flop though. Honestly the dry air makes the cold less brutal. 30 here feels like 45 on the west side.

But -30 is just cold as balls!

"Eastern Oregon. It's not perfect, there are quite a few meth heads in the actual town, but they are easy to spot!"

Unfortunately, if you have any firearms that are capable of holding more than ten rounds it wasnt far enough. I'm leaving this state.

The problem is not just "there". It's everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top