JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NYT Editorial Board Member Attacks NRA for Having Guns in Its Gun Museum
Op-ed paints gun owners as wannabe thrill killers inspired by John Wayne

Editorial board member Francis X. Clines wrote in the piece that the Fairfax, Virginia gun museum, which features firearms from every era of American history, represents the worst of America. In particular, Clines was troubled by a display detailing gun use in Hollywood movies.
-- highlight added

Clines expressed outrage at a cardboard cutout of John Wayne displayed in the exhibit, referencing it several times in his editorial. He said the cutout, which depicts a gun-toting Wayne with a grin full of "menace," promoted fantasies about killing "bad guys" for American gun owners.

My uncle had a life size John Wayne in his family room.

My uncle had a life size John Wayne in his family room.

He had one of these in his living room? opener.jpg

He had one of these in his living room?View attachment 359150
I have the one I used the Army on my key ring... A great memento , brings back memories every time I use it.

As for the article in the OP ... The writer was surprised that the NRA museum had guns on display?
And fantasies of gun owners doing in bad guys? ... I wonder if he ever actually talked to a real live gun owner?
Sounds like the writer was spouting off his twisted fantasies to me.
Andy

OR ... PERHAPS ... just one more example out of many that shows the cry baby left will resort to any and all last gasp feeble failed attempts at ... crying like a baby? We are winning!

OR ... PERHAPS ... a good indication on how entrenched the Commies have been. For too many years they have augured their way into American Life. Now they are being called out?

Crazy thread man.....Can openers, gun museums and rabid anti 2nd Amendment editorials! Yee-HAW.

Like Andy says...
I wonder if he ever actually talked to a real live gun owner?

It's pretty easy to convince the non-gun owning/gun fearing public with writing like that. It makes total sense. I really wish they'd stop doing that, considering we have the 2nd Amendment and all, though the 1st Amendment allows them to do it. It's too bad we don't have "Opinion Pieces" in the big news papers writing about the carnage caused by automobiles every day on our highways? The writer could be just as creative with buzz words to get the populous all worked up with the death and destruction brought about daily with those 2 ton death machines speeding everywhere. Do you suppose The Oregonian, or the NYT would print a rebuttal piece, written in good taste of course, by one of our own?

Crazy thread man.....Can openers, gun museums and rabid anti 2nd Amendment editorials! Yee-HAW.

Like Andy says...

It's pretty easy to convince the non-gun owning/gun fearing public with writing like that. It makes total sense. I really wish they'd stop doing that, considering we have the 2nd Amendment and all, though the 1st Amendment allows them to do it. It's too bad we don't have "Opinion Pieces" in the big news papers writing about the carnage caused by automobiles every day on our highways? The writer could be just as creative with buzz words to get the populous all worked up with the death and destruction brought about daily with those 2 ton death machines speeding everywhere. Do you suppose The Oregonian, or the NYT would print a rebuttal piece, written in good taste of course, by one of our own?
In a word, NO...

Sorry, but there's only one storyline and one opinion in Fascist Amerika....

Unfortunately, your thoughts and ideals don't seem to be in alignment with what we are being told to think...

The good news is, eventually there will be an astounding backlash by those who hold more conservative views and value the constitution... November 8th was just a taste of what might be to come...

Just sayin'

The good news is, eventually there will be an astounding backlash by those who hold more conservative views and value the constitution... November 8th was just a taste of what might be to come...

Hope you're right....America needs to get more to the middle, and quit having a single side dictating how everyone else should live.

Admiring the mechanics and rarity of firearms is no different than admiring the mechanics and rarity of vehicles.
Which is considered a "normal" hobby in even the most bigoted anti firearm persons eyes..

(Unless the green folks are involved, Then its an atrocity :rolleyes: as well.)

Vehicles kill more people on a daily basis than firearms. So are all those who admire shiny vehicles just fast and furious wannabes? No.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews