JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, people should be fine with a recounting of the details on stuff like this.

Should use the negative feedback option also (but I have been guilty of not because I didn't want to be rude...).

Some people have a funny idea of what constitutes an agreement.

If you say you want it but not sure when you can get the funds.... That's not an agreement to me.

If I say I want it and could we meet tomorrow... That's a binding contract from me and I'll be there tomorrow with the cash.

This is the last I heard from member "Trure Grit". The item is now posted as sold.

"I'd be willing to trade my sig for your AR15 and $400 when would you be available to meet, it's a few hour distance between us."

It's sad that some men place so little value on their word. Ken

Is that it...? I wouldn't call that a flake.... That sounds more like a deal was never struck. Had he said, let's meet at location x, we will trade y, and I will walk away with z, and he failed to show or canceled at the last minute, then I would call that flaky.

Fellow here was selling a handgun and posted pictures of it. All looked good so we decided to meet and I would buy the gun. Got to the meeting after driving 28 miles and the gun had a huge rust spot that wasn't shown in the picture. I refused to buy it and drove 28 miles home.

Second time this has happened to me, it's just the way life is.

Without keeping a tally, I think about 25% of the deals encountered here and on other sites have some sort of glitch from no-shows to broken off communication with no explanation to bad pieces. Bummer it has to be that way.

I guess I'm lucky, as all of my deals have run smoothly. Which is in direct contrast to selling anything on craigslist. I typically only deal with people with positive reviews, but every now and then I deal with a newbie.

I guess I'm lucky, as all of my deals have run smoothly. Which is in direct contrast to selling anything on craigslist. I typically only deal with people with positive reviews, but every now and then I deal with a newbie.

Before I contact someone on NWFA, I look at feedback and # posts to see how long they may have been around. I tend to avoid newbs, but they're not off the list, just depends on the deal. Folks dealt with me as a newb, so I try to give some leeway.

Communication is the big deal for me. Just this week I proposed a trade offer to a guy, but after doing a little more research on his gun, I backed out, politely. I made sure he was clear on why I decided against the trade and we left the conversation on good terms.

I don't expect every deal to go down, a variety of things can come up to end a deal. I'm okay with that as long as you don't commit, then flake, with no warning/communication or reason. Anyone who has dealt with me (or read my posts ;)) knows I'm a fan of words and abundant communication. I'm definitely not a fan of two-word responses. I've cut off a few deals based on very poor communication or lagging/untimely responses.

I've never had an issue on NWFA. Only met courteous, friendly and honest folks. Got to be friends with one or two of them! If its not new I will buy it here!:D

Before I contact someone on NWFA, I look at feedback and # posts to see how long they may have been around. I tend to avoid newbs, but they're not off the list, just depends on the deal. Folks dealt with me as a newb, so I try to give some leeway.

Communication is the big deal for me. Just this week I proposed a trade offer to a guy, but after doing a little more research on his gun, I backed out, politely. I made sure he was clear on why I decided against the trade and we left the conversation on good terms.

I don't expect every deal to go down, a variety of things can come up to end a deal. I'm okay with that as long as you don't commit, then flake, with no warning/communication or reason. Anyone who has dealt with me (or read my posts ;)) knows I'm a fan of words and abundant communication. I'm definitely not a fan of two-word responses. I've cut off a few deals based on very poor communication or lagging/untimely responses.

Blah, blah, blah, too many words ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top