JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, people should be fine with a recounting of the details on stuff like this.

Should use the negative feedback option also (but I have been guilty of not because I didn't want to be rude...).

Some people have a funny idea of what constitutes an agreement.

If you say you want it but not sure when you can get the funds.... That's not an agreement to me.

If I say I want it and could we meet tomorrow... That's a binding contract from me and I'll be there tomorrow with the cash.

This is the last I heard from member "Trure Grit". The item is now posted as sold.

"I'd be willing to trade my sig for your AR15 and $400 when would you be available to meet, it's a few hour distance between us."

It's sad that some men place so little value on their word. Ken

Is that it...? I wouldn't call that a flake.... That sounds more like a deal was never struck. Had he said, let's meet at location x, we will trade y, and I will walk away with z, and he failed to show or canceled at the last minute, then I would call that flaky.

Fellow here was selling a handgun and posted pictures of it. All looked good so we decided to meet and I would buy the gun. Got to the meeting after driving 28 miles and the gun had a huge rust spot that wasn't shown in the picture. I refused to buy it and drove 28 miles home.

Second time this has happened to me, it's just the way life is.

Without keeping a tally, I think about 25% of the deals encountered here and on other sites have some sort of glitch from no-shows to broken off communication with no explanation to bad pieces. Bummer it has to be that way.

I guess I'm lucky, as all of my deals have run smoothly. Which is in direct contrast to selling anything on craigslist. I typically only deal with people with positive reviews, but every now and then I deal with a newbie.

I guess I'm lucky, as all of my deals have run smoothly. Which is in direct contrast to selling anything on craigslist. I typically only deal with people with positive reviews, but every now and then I deal with a newbie.

Before I contact someone on NWFA, I look at feedback and # posts to see how long they may have been around. I tend to avoid newbs, but they're not off the list, just depends on the deal. Folks dealt with me as a newb, so I try to give some leeway.

Communication is the big deal for me. Just this week I proposed a trade offer to a guy, but after doing a little more research on his gun, I backed out, politely. I made sure he was clear on why I decided against the trade and we left the conversation on good terms.

I don't expect every deal to go down, a variety of things can come up to end a deal. I'm okay with that as long as you don't commit, then flake, with no warning/communication or reason. Anyone who has dealt with me (or read my posts ;)) knows I'm a fan of words and abundant communication. I'm definitely not a fan of two-word responses. I've cut off a few deals based on very poor communication or lagging/untimely responses.

I've never had an issue on NWFA. Only met courteous, friendly and honest folks. Got to be friends with one or two of them! If its not new I will buy it here!:D

Before I contact someone on NWFA, I look at feedback and # posts to see how long they may have been around. I tend to avoid newbs, but they're not off the list, just depends on the deal. Folks dealt with me as a newb, so I try to give some leeway.

Communication is the big deal for me. Just this week I proposed a trade offer to a guy, but after doing a little more research on his gun, I backed out, politely. I made sure he was clear on why I decided against the trade and we left the conversation on good terms.

I don't expect every deal to go down, a variety of things can come up to end a deal. I'm okay with that as long as you don't commit, then flake, with no warning/communication or reason. Anyone who has dealt with me (or read my posts ;)) knows I'm a fan of words and abundant communication. I'm definitely not a fan of two-word responses. I've cut off a few deals based on very poor communication or lagging/untimely responses.

Blah, blah, blah, too many words ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads