JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually it was found they had antibodies, and were assumed asymptomatic.
However, I believe those to all be safe precautions.
I am definitely not schlepping around the woods trying to get deer to stand still for a thermometer, at either end. Not looking for shivering or listening for coughs. Next thing you know, I won't be able to hunt cougar because it might have caught Covid from dinner last night.

Before hunting, processing, or petting them.

Studies are underway

Survey results show that many white-tailed deer, a familiar sight on US lawns and golf courses, have antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19.

I am definitely not schlepping around the woods trying to get deer to stand still for a thermometer, at either end. Not looking for shivering or listening for coughs. Next thing you know, I won't be able to hunt cougar because it might have caught Covid from dinner last night.
Those kinds of jobs don't pay well and are seasonal only, seriously! Good luck paying your student loan debts, which yes it requires at least pursuing a masters, by chasing deer around for 35k a year!
I looked into it...

I've got the perfect "hyperdermic" to give them the jab:

hypo-nc-open__81005.1566402317.jpg

Those kinds of jobs don't pay well and are seasonal only, seriously! Good luck paying your student loan debts, which yes it requires at least pursuing a masters, by chasing deer around for 35k a year!
I looked into it...
I'm so old, when I went to school, it was a college, not a university, minimum wage was $2.25 and tuition, room & board was $65 and $250 per quarter. Working the summers, washing dishes in the school cafeteria and hustling pizzas after school let me finish 4 years without any student debt. A bull elk tag cost $7.75 at the coast to coast store in Rosslyn, and by 9 a.m. opening day, at a cost of 3 30-30 shells from my pre 1964 Winchester 94, I had a 6-point (western-score) on the ground which made my dad jealous because his was only 5 pts. Good times.

How does a deer get infected with COVID I'd like to know
Is it done like what ISIS and TALIBAN do with GOATS
Someone more educated in the livestock bidness may want to step in, but I listened to a rancher lady say they have dealt with covid in their cattle for decades. As for me, when our goats start acting unhealthy, I apply ivermectin to their back and in a few days they are back to bouncing around...one looked like he was going to die last winter so I overdosed him with ivermectin and he's back close to 200lbs now.

I'm so old, when I went to school, it was a college, not a university, minimum wage was $2.25 and tuition, room & board was $65 and $250 per quarter. Working the summers, washing dishes in the school cafeteria and hustling pizzas after school let me finish 4 years without any student debt. A bull elk tag cost $7.75 at the coast to coast store in Rosslyn, and by 9 a.m. opening day, at a cost of 3 30-30 shells from my pre 1964 Winchester 94, I had a 6-point (western-score) on the ground which made my dad jealous because his was only 5 pts. Good times.
Definitely sounds like better times!

Someone more educated in the livestock bidness may want to step in, but I listened to a rancher lady say they have dealt with covid in their cattle for decades. As for me, when our goats start acting unhealthy, I apply ivermectin to their back and in a few days they are back to bouncing around...one looked like he was going to die last winter so I overdosed him with ivermectin and he's back close to 200lbs now.
Maybe that chime in should come with some lab results with dates, but I'd believe cattle get colds too, any and all day.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top