JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Please let me know if I'm forgetting any potentially useful links
You could offer links to each of the sub-forums that people may prefer. I, for one, would like a link to the Classifieds sub-forum. Right now, I keep a link to that in my browser's bookmarks, but being able to stay in the site to get back to that spot would be cool. I bet others might similarly like a link to the Discussions or some other sub-forum.

It's looking really good Joe, sorta "Pops" now! I've still been staying with 2.0 though........ Not being able to get a preview of a thread by hovering over the subject is what keeps me on 2.0.

I don't understand the purpose. Isn't one of the purposes for 3.0 is to simplify and streamline the experience? You already added a new Quick Links box on the right side. Why would we also need a customizable set of (red) quick links inside our own user menu? I do prefer them to live in the user menu, however! Good idea!

Since the right side is already getting a bit crowded, maybe the Quick Links box goes away and we just get the customizable Quick Links menu in the user side bar. I REALLY like the ability to hover over the Inbox and Alerts and get a preview list, just like in 2.0. I do wish the hover-preview would work inside the user menu, though. These upgrades to the user menu would allow you to completely remove the Quick Links box.

You're spot on with your take on this. The quick links box on the side is a proof of concept test to see what our options are, it most likely won't be staying there. I also prefer them in the user menu, as it fits much better with our goal of simplifying the interface.

That's a good idea with the hover while inside the user menu, though I'm not sure it would satisfy the people who would prefer not to have to click on the menu. I'm still weighing our options there, but I believe we could make those menu's display the previews as they do currently.

You could offer links to each of the sub-forums that people may prefer. I, for one, would like a link to the Classifieds sub-forum. Right now, I keep a link to that in my browser's bookmarks, but being able to stay in the site to get back to that spot would be cool. I bet others might similarly like a link to the Discussions or some other sub-forum.

Good idea. I'm not sure if having too many options may cause issues with server load, but I'll certainly check it out.

It's looking really good Joe, sorta "Pops" now! I've still been staying with 2.0 though........ Not being able to get a preview of a thread by hovering over the subject is what keeps me on 2.0.

I know what you mean about the thread previews, that's literally at the top of my list of items the developers have to handle :)

We've been moving through this process and you guys have been a tremendous help! I'm moving this and the other 3.0 threads to a new section in order to keep everything together. This new section is public so that everyone can keep up with development, but replies, posts, and use of the beta version are still enabled only for supporting members, vendors, and volunteers. Once we get further along we'll open this section to everyone.

We've been moving through this process and you guys have been a tremendous help! I'm moving this and the other 3.0 threads to a new section in order to keep everything together. This new section is public so that everyone can keep up with development, but replies, posts, and use of the beta version are still enabled only for supporting members, vendors, and volunteers. Once we get further along we'll open this section to everyone.
Great work Joe, thanks for the effort. I'm using 3.0 right now for the first time. Seems to be OK for a tech dufus like me; just something new to get used to. I use a desktop with windows 7 and firefox but no mobile devices. Onward into the future!

I'm not a big help here, took me a few months to figure out how to switch. I guess you are under appreciated Joe. Now that most of the bugs have been caught by others and fixed by you... and I made the switch......I like it.

Joe, I'm getting around the new version pretty well now. I Like 3.0 so far, and I'll bet the sponsors do too. The ads have attention grabbing movement, and are featured more prominently. This should help increase interest, and hopefully patronage.
This big fun place ain't free...thank you sponsors!

Joe, I'm getting around the new version pretty well now. I Like 3.0 so far, and I'll bet the sponsors do too. The ads have attention grabbing movement, and are featured more prominently. This should help increase interest, and hopefully patronage.
This big fun place ain't free...thank you sponsors!

Good to hear Ed! Be sure to let me know if you have any complaints, or if you think something should be easier to use.

The improving the ad placements was something we've needed to do for quite some time now, as our hosting costs are quite high. The thing I didn't want to do was make them invasive; no pop-ups, no redirects, no audio/video ads, etc. Those ads make a lot more money, but I've always said I won't sacrifice the useability of the site to increase revenue.

Why is the bottom of the forum menu in Spanish? Does not really bother me but was curious.

Don't worry, you're not the first to ask :)

Why is the text at the bottom in Spanish, about NW Firearms and Thank you section?

That's what's referred to as Lorem Ipsum text, used for design work. It allows us to better focus on design aspects, rather than actual content, during development.

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Lorem Ipsum also helps you see more quickly what text hasn't been worked on yet.

Any other input you guys can think of? Features or processes which we might be able to make easier to use?

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of complaints :s0114:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews