JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But the real guilt comes from realizing it's good, regular people you're imposing on, as opposed to paid government employees.
It's not an imposition to "Good" "Regular people". The small private range I belong to has some of them pig scattergun people who's Mama's didn't tech them to pick up after themselves. Being what I like to think of as good regular people, we, I should say, enjoy seeing the area after we've picked it up.
There's no guilt involved there?

It's not an imposition to "Good" "Regular people". The small private range I belong to has some of them pig scattergun people who's Mama's didn't tech them to pick up after themselves. Being what I like to think of as good regular people, we, I should say, enjoy seeing the area after we've picked it up.
There's no guilt involved there?
Sorry if I was unclear. The "good, regular people being imposed on" who I was referring to were the volunteers doing the cleaning up, not the other users who do treat the space with respect -- although those are also good, regular people.

You and I aren't compelled by any guilt when out in the woods, because we were raised right and pick up after ourselves as a matter of course.

But, then we don't need a sign either!

How's this? (Guilt trip with a little encouragement).
WARNING.png

How's this? (Guilt trip with a little encouragement).
The more I think about it, the more I don't like using the word ~WARNING~. It sounds like there's someone who thinks they are in authority over shooters and is threatening everyone.

I think it might need to be something like ALERT, or CAUTION, or NOTICE, or HEADS UP, or SAVE THIS PLACE.

Perhaps change the color on the sentence:
If YOU abuse it, WE ALL LOSE IT!

The more I think about it, the more I don't like using the word ~WARNING~. It sounds like there's someone who thinks they are in authority over shooters and is threatening everyone.
Agreed. I feel like, maybe, the sign shouldn't look so "Official"? Just a plain honest statement like a person would hear from a buddy. Considering their likely to get torn down and destroyed. Something simple and to the point. No fancy borders or sayings. Just straight truth.

Maybe the wording should change to something more Portlandesque Yo' Mama Don't Live Here, Please clean up after Yo'self. And don't forget to put a bird on it like the give a hoot owl.

Agreed. I feel like, maybe, the sign shouldn't look so "Official"? Just a plain honest statement like a person would hear from a buddy. Considering their likely to get torn down and destroyed. Something simple and to the point. No fancy borders or sayings. Just straight truth.
How's this, Mike?

Written sign 1.png

Cogs, when I read your sign idea yesterday, my initial thought was that it was missing the idea that volunteers clean the place up, not that they should rely on anyone else to clean up after them.

Cogs, when I read your sign idea yesterday, my initial thought was that it was missing the idea that volunteers clean the place up, not that they should rely on anyone else to clean up after them.
True, but I was trying to avoid the word 'Volunteers', as that may lead to thinking it's a regular group of volunteers. Since they are not volunteers, they may not think it means them. So, I used "YOU" and "us, the shooters".

Do you think if we put staggered signs say on heavy T posts as your going up the road to to shoot lanes we have a set for going up and on backside to remind on the way out?
like: 1st sign "Welcome to Wolf Creek Public Shooting Range, Sign 2 All lanes are free to use Sign 3 This site is maintain by you the Shooter Sign 4 Only way to keep this open is to pick up after yourself Sign 5 It only takes 1 person 1 bag Sign6 pack out what you pack in sign 7 keep this open for others

Then on the way out on backside just keep reminding 1DID YOU GRAB YOUR TRASH? , 2CAN YOU TAKE 1 MORE BAG 3ONLY 2 LANES LEFT TOP OFF THAT BAG 4LAST LANE COMING UP FILL YOUR BAG OR TAKE 1 MORE, 5 ONLY WE CAN KEEP THIS OPEN TOGETHER 6 THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TRASH..

JUST IDEA !!! or maybe on last sign put trashnoland.com on it with Send in a pic of your stewartship we will post on our website and enter you for a drawing 25.00 gift card..

Do you think if we put staggered signs say on heavy T posts as your going up the road to to shoot lanes we have a set for going up and on backside to remind on the way out?
like: 1st sign "Welcome to Wolf Creek Public Shooting Range, Sign 2 All lanes are free to use Sign 3 This site is maintain by you the Shooter Sign 4 Only way to keep this open is to pick up after yourself Sign 5 It only takes 1 person 1 bag Sign6 pack out what you pack in sign 7 keep this open for others

Then on the way out on backside just keep reminding 1DID YOU GRAB YOUR TRASH? , 2CAN YOU TAKE 1 MORE BAG 3ONLY 2 LANES LEFT TOP OFF THAT BAG 4LAST LANE COMING UP FILL YOUR BAG OR TAKE 1 MORE, 5 ONLY WE CAN KEEP THIS OPEN TOGETHER 6 THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TRASH..

JUST IDEA !!! or maybe on last sign put trashnoland.com on it with Send in a pic of your stewartship we will post on our website and enter you for a drawing 25.00 gift card..
i be willing to pony the 25 gift card monthly drawing

i be willing to pony the 25 gift card monthly drawing
I've been thinking along that line lately! Send pics, at a shooting site, showing your bag of trash along with your firearm(s) and tag it with #Shootership (but it's gotta show the firearms, bag and shooting site, so that it's obvious shooters are out doing the right thing). I would build a Gallery page on the website to host the pics.

I do like the drawing idea, but not make it a monthly thing. Maybe twice a year? (we may not get but 1 or 2 photos in one month. If we did get several per month, we could step up the regular giveaways and beef up the prizes.)

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top