JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I eliminated the "pack in" part because they need no coaching with that !

LOL
I didn't catch that part, but it works!
Written sign Draft 7.png

I think pleading with the kind of people that leave all the trash is pointless. Much better off with:
WARNING:

It is a violation of federal law to leave trash behind.

Lanes are now monitored via CCTV.

Violators will be referred to law enforcement.
Have them looking around for cameras even though there arn't any... 👀

I got tired of editing, so I'm out shooting and cleaning up a couple spots in the Yacolt Burn forest. So giving this a rest for a while. But I'll chime in for a minute...

As for the idea of North Fork and/or Wolf Creek name on the sign, I'm sure they already know where they are and besides, it's too much for this sign.

Like @BluesReds said, I'd like to do the same! But it wouldn't be well received by many. I always like to point out the illegal side of it along with the potential for fines and misdemeanor charges, but in this case we're trying to get people to work together and help save this place. The more we all take care of it, the more our efforts are seen and the more good shooting places we get.

Now, back to the music that plays so loud from the barrel of an AR! Gotta love it!

I think pleading with the kind of people that leave all the trash is pointless. Much better off with:

Have them looking around for cameras even though there arn'
WARNING:

It is a violation of federal law to leave trash behind.

Lanes are now monitored via CCTV.

Violators will be referred to law enforcement.

How about :
"Violators will get their fingernails pulled out"

:)

Hmm. I disagree to a, er, degree.....

Welcome to North Fork/Wolf Creek shooting lanes doesn't take up anymore space than Welcome to a great place to shoot.

I would *not* assume the visitor knows where they are, besides, giving it a name should somewhat help with the ownership part we desire from them.

Hmm. I disagree to a, er, degree.....

Welcome to North Fork/Wolf Creek shooting lanes doesn't take up anymore space than Welcome to a great place to shoot.

I would *not* assume the visitor knows where they are, besides, giving it a name should somewhat help with the ownership part we desire from them.
The name is on each kiosk, as well as at the entrance gate, buy hey, let's try it.

Written sign Draft 8.png
Works for me!

Side note... Thread derailment...

Today, these two great guys came by looking for a place to shoot with their boys. After explaining that I was cleaning up, in an effort to help save target shooting, they joined me in a Random Act of Cleanup! We got 5 bags in no time. As a thank you, I gave the kids a Picker and a Magnet. Thanks for the help guys & kids!

12-29-23 Random Cleanup Unexpected Help.jpg Shootership 2.png

Are you up off of 412th ?
Yes I was. I've been going there regularly for the past 3 months and it's always trashed. The gate is now closed, to that dead end spur road next to this lane, but I had cleaned up that whole road recently (a couple times) so it should be in good shape come spring. I want to get back and spiff up those other spots down there.

Also went around to the L1200 Rd. Lots of logging and no shooting over there. I did find, and cleaned up, one spot that was not cool to leave out there (a case of beer cans, a sopping wet foam mattress, a couple shot up tote containers and misc shooting trash).

Needed some 'Me' time. Loved it!

On a random side note if you had some stickers about 3"x2" I'd hand them out at gun shows. Stickers are very popular to stick on gun safes, tool and gun boxes. Kids collect them as well. Maybe subliminally we can get the message out and make a difference.

On a random side note if you had some stickers about 3"x2" I'd hand them out at gun shows. Stickers are very popular to stick on gun safes, tool and gun boxes. Kids collect them as well. Maybe subliminally we can get the message out and make a difference.
Yes, I do, Mike. I could mail you some. These are about 4"x4" I'm running low right now, but could send you at least 10. Gotta make a note to order more. Thanks Bud!

Wndw Sticker Outline 4.png

I was yesterday. But I didn't have a chance to clean up much unfortunately. I got there way late and it was busy. I didn't get a good chance to check things out because I was in a hurry with only a little light left. Man it was a mud fest on lane 4. And milk in the mud! It wasn't clean but seen much worse so would just say ok. Lane 3 had a lot of younger guys maybe 15 or more? They didn't look like the type to take care. And as a quick glance driving by it looked kinda trashed. They gave me a bad look so I just keep going to the top. Didn't see 1 and 2 I was in a hurry and when I left, I was the last out it was pitch black and pouring rain. I noticed the main sigh at the entrance is trashed and knocked down. I was just in such a hurry to test things and set up my new builds as quick as I could. I plan to go back so a few times soon to work on more guns. I'll try to do what I can. But again I have no garbage space. I just have a tinny can at home we only make less than a half of kitchen bag worth of trash a week at home. And all this depends on the weather.

But thank you Cogs as always. Your work is greatly appreciated! I need to try and do more to help.

I noticed the main sigh at the entrance is trashed and knocked down.
Dang! It's still there? Wonder how damaged it is. I wonder if it was the wind or a person. ODF built that sign and it's a nice one.

I'll be there tomorrow morning to save it and we'll see what needs to be done to get it fixed.

Thanks for that report, Wildbill!

Entrance sign.jpg

Well, i guess that confirms the name that should be on the signs we're making. ☝️
Yep. They wanted to put the full North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes on it, but it was too long. I suggested just Wolf Creek and they went with that.

If anyone else has seen it down, let us know when it was and if it's shot up or not (but I guess I'll find out tomorrow).

Yep. They wanted to put the full North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes on it, but it was too long. I suggested just Wolf Creek and they went with that.

If anyone else has seen it down, let us know when it was and if it's shot up or not (but I guess I'll find out tomorrow).
It looks good that way.
There are a few other "North Fork" streams in the area.
They should have gone with a darker letter color, though.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top