JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish someone would do a good repop of the old Colt Side Hammer Revolvers, especially like my little .44 pocket pistol, this thing is SLICK and accurate enough, and I would never feel under gunned with this in the pocket!
View attachment 1881792
Wow that's cool. I wanna shoot it :p . You know, it's funny I'm even involved in this thread. For at least 4 generations, handguns weren't allowed in my family. The family considered them dangerous. My fourth great-grandfather died from an accidental pistol discharge In the early 1900s on a train by Cottage Grove OR. I kind of decided they were cool one day. So I guess I'm the Black Sheep now? Funny how time and history influence things.

Edit: typo/clarity

Last Edited:
If I'm stepping into the OK Coral with a revolver I currently have, it's a S&W model 15 Combat Masterpiece in .38 Special. It's highly functional, I'm intimately familiar with it and shoot it well. Plus, accessories are readily available - speed loaders, left hand holster, etc. Plus, I have an identical model 18 in .22 LR for less expensive practice sessions.

Wow that's cool. I wanna shoot it :p . You know, it's funny I'm even involved in this thread. For at least 4 generations, handguns weren't allowed in my family. The family considered them dangerous. My fourth great-grandfather died from an accidental pistol discharge In the 1800s on a train by Cottage Grove OR. I kind of decided they were cool one day. So I guess I'm the Black Sheep now? Funny how time and history influence things.
Just in case anyone is interested, there is a photographed newspaper article on this webpage about his death.

For me it was my ruger redhawk in .45 Colt. But this grew on me fast, and basically became a favorite almost immediately. Pretty easy to conceal carry, if you're okay with only having 5 out of 6.

IMG_6570.jpeg IMG_6572.jpeg

Just in case anyone is interested, there is a photographed newspaper article on this webpage about his death.

Certainly a handsome and dignified-looking man...

I like it. I'd use it if it was double action.
Ditto. I really wish a manufacturer made a wheelgun family that features:

• Webley-style break-action.
  • Double-action with a smooth trigger.
  • In mainstream, modern, centerfire cartridges.
  • Good, adjustable, high visibility sights.
  • Offered in barrel lengths of 3", 4", 6½" and 8⅜". (Or thereabouts.)
  • Available in deep blued and stainless.
And the likelihood of that happening is pretty much zero. :s0155:

I like it. I'd use it if it was double action.
I wish someone would make a top break double action .45 colt. The Russians did make a double action top break .357 mag, but thanks to Clinton and Yeltsin, they never got imported.

Alas no one makes em nowadays, so the only double action we'll get is old S&W number 3s and webleys.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top