JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just for info, I went to rhe dentist for a cleaning and noticed a no weapons sign in the window by the door. I've been going ther for years but just noticed it today. The asswipes have also added a deductable to my dental....Somethings gotta change! Too bad my open season just passed.

I bet you will see this expand as the legal councils understand the situation
Most Physician Offices and hospitals, Malls, etc - putting up signs.
Pretty sooon th only place you will be able to CC will be bars, strip clubs, and gas stations

Their way to limit iability.

I can change next December, that also includes medical and optical. I bet that decal is on all of them. It is their property and their right, but I would have liked to know so I could dress accordingly!;)

Just for info, I went to rhe dentist for a cleaning and noticed a no weapons sign in the window by the door.

What do they consider a weapon? I'm sure there are a few "sharp objects" in a dentist office that you and I would consider a weapon.

FYI I've looked and looked through WA RCWs (I realize you are in OR) and I've found that there is no RCW against carrying a firearm in a building that has a sign for no firearms. To me, this is how I read it...

If the business says you can't have a red T-Shirt on, and you do, and decide to go into their business they cannot call the police and charge you with wearing a red T-Shirt in a posted no red T-Shirt zone because no such law or ordinance exists. However, they can ask you to leave the establishment and if you refuse you are tresspassing. Now, I have no idea about Oregon laws, but I do know that if they create such a law then the business has to adhere to certain regulations for the sign (size of sign, location, etc.). They just can't put it in fine print on the bottom of some emergency exit and expect you to know it...get it? I know some states have laws about the size of the sign, what has to be on it, how high it has to be, etc. Again, I have no idea about Oregon, but WA has no such regulations (that I could find) and reading RCW 9.41.300 has led me to believe that although businesses have the right to refuse you service and ask you to leave by not obeying their rules, there is no law against it.

If you carry concealed and they happen to find out you are carrying and call the police, what are you going to be charged with? Having a firearm in a posted no firearm zone? If no such law exists then you have nothing to worry about except having to find a new dentist after it is all said and done.

What do they consider a weapon? I'm sure there are a few "sharp objects" in a dentist office that you and I would consider a weapon.

FYI I've looked and looked through WA RCWs (I realize you are in OR) and I've found that there is no RCW against carrying a firearm in a building that has a sign for no firearms. To me, this is how I read it...

If the business says you can't have a red T-Shirt on, and you do, and decide to go into their business they cannot call the police and charge you with wearing a red T-Shirt in a posted no red T-Shirt zone because no such law or ordinance exists. However, they can ask you to leave the establishment and if you refuse you are tresspassing. Now, I have no idea about Oregon laws, but I do know that if they create such a law then the business has to adhere to certain regulations for the sign (size of sign, location, etc.). They just can't put it in fine print on the bottom of some emergency exit and expect you to know it...get it? I know some states have laws about the size of the sign, what has to be on it, how high it has to be, etc. Again, I have no idea about Oregon, but WA has no such regulations (that I could find) and reading RCW 9.41.300 has led me to believe that although businesses have the right to refuse you service and ask you to leave by not obeying their rules, there is no law against it.

If you carry concealed and they happen to find out you are carrying and call the police, what are you going to be charged with? Having a firearm in a posted no firearm zone? If no such law exists then you have nothing to worry about except having to find a new dentist after it is all said and done.

I agree, just wear your red T-shirt under a blue one, they will never know. Unless of course, the zombies attack, then you can whip off your blue shirt, exposing your Red shirt, thus saving the day. At that point, who cares that you were breaking a rule by secretly wearing a red shirt, your a HERO!

TYpically they have you leave - or if you do not it is trespassing?

But I wonder - If you pushed it and was caught - would Kaiser drop you because you did not follow their rules.

Be careful of how you address it.

TYpically they have you leave - or if you do not it is trespassing?

But I wonder - If you pushed it and was caught - would Kaiser drop you because you did not follow their rules.

Be careful of how you address it.

The sign has no meaning as far as the law goes, they still have to ask you to leave. It very well could be in their policies. Wouldn't surprise me if they considered possession of a weapon as a reason to terminate the policy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top