Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No guns at Kaiser Gateway dentist office

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by marty8587, Jan 10, 2012.

1. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

Just for info, I went to rhe dentist for a cleaning and noticed a no weapons sign in the window by the door. I've been going ther for years but just noticed it today. The asswipes have also added a deductable to my dental....Somethings gotta change! Too bad my open season just passed.

2. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Sounds like time to find a new dentist.

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

This.

/thread.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Guessing the other Kaiser offices have similar policies. Until he changes insurance, he's stuck. That assumes he can get away from Kaiser.

5. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Deep concealment.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  6. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

just dont show it to them and you will be ok........ till you get the bill

7. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

I bet you will see this expand as the legal councils understand the situation
    Most Physician Offices and hospitals, Malls, etc - putting up signs.
    Pretty sooon th only place you will be able to CC will be bars, strip clubs, and gas stations

Their way to limit iability.

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Come on,he gives you gas and some pain killers and then a bill for $2500 and you think he wants you to have a gun?

I'd have a no gun policy too.

9. marty8587

I can change next December, that also includes medical and optical. I bet that decal is on all of them. It is their property and their right, but I would have liked to know so I could dress accordingly!;)

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

What do they consider a weapon? I'm sure there are a few "sharp objects" in a dentist office that you and I would consider a weapon.

FYI I've looked and looked through WA RCWs (I realize you are in OR) and I've found that there is no RCW against carrying a firearm in a building that has a sign for no firearms. To me, this is how I read it...

If the business says you can't have a red T-Shirt on, and you do, and decide to go into their business they cannot call the police and charge you with wearing a red T-Shirt in a posted no red T-Shirt zone because no such law or ordinance exists. However, they can ask you to leave the establishment and if you refuse you are tresspassing. Now, I have no idea about Oregon laws, but I do know that if they create such a law then the business has to adhere to certain regulations for the sign (size of sign, location, etc.). They just can't put it in fine print on the bottom of some emergency exit and expect you to know it...get it? I know some states have laws about the size of the sign, what has to be on it, how high it has to be, etc. Again, I have no idea about Oregon, but WA has no such regulations (that I could find) and reading RCW 9.41.300 has led me to believe that although businesses have the right to refuse you service and ask you to leave by not obeying their rules, there is no law against it.

If you carry concealed and they happen to find out you are carrying and call the police, what are you going to be charged with? Having a firearm in a posted no firearm zone? If no such law exists then you have nothing to worry about except having to find a new dentist after it is all said and done.

11. marty8587

It was a sillouette of a Semi A hangun on one of those decals you can kinda see from both side.

12. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

I agree, just wear your red T-shirt under a blue one, they will never know. Unless of course, the zombies attack, then you can whip off your blue shirt, exposing your Red shirt, thus saving the day. At that point, who cares that you were breaking a rule by secretly wearing a red shirt, your a HERO!

13. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

I venture that just about every healthcare facility has this sign or some form of it. Two things:

1 - Dont waste time looking for a sign.
    2 - concealed means concealed.

If someone ever discovers your legal CW just leave.

14. djgaloot

djgaloot Oregon City Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

15. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

unless the sign includes a penal code i dont pay any mind . Its funny that they do that at movie theaters yeah i want to be in a dark room full of strangers unarmed lol

16. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

thats what she said!

auditrevor and (deleted member) like this.
  17. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

If your weapon is truly concealed, no one knows;)

18. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Concealed means concealed.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  19. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

TYpically they have you leave - or if you do not it is trespassing?

But I wonder - If you pushed it and was caught - would Kaiser drop you because you did not follow their rules.

Be careful of how you address it.

20. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The sign has no meaning as far as the law goes, they still have to ask you to leave. It very well could be in their policies. Wouldn't surprise me if they considered possession of a weapon as a reason to terminate the policy.