JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Data point for historical record -

You may have seen my other thread where i detail my saga of trying to get a newly purchased Staccato shipped to me, and delays by a mysterious unnamed "Government Agency" holding the UPS shipment for inspection. Well package arrived today finally after delay, and so went in and did my forms.

For the first time EVER for me, I went to the back of the queue! Queue was at over 300 when it went in, and sounds like going very slowly. Been buying guns for over 25 years, have bought hundreds, with over 10 in the last two months, and ALWAYS been instant. Very odd that this one went to the queue for the first time ever. Verified that name was spelled correctly, and no other info/status has changed for me. Sigh, another day delay. The Staccato gods are against me apparently . . .

I am going to go now hide in my Panic Room and create a tin foil hat for myself, so I can think this all through . . . ;-)

I've got a new Beretta 92FS at my FFL this morning. I'm number 465 out of 582 in line. Normally he clears me in a matter of minutes....this time it could take days. FML.
People getting in some more last minute purchases before the 114 hearing on Monday maybe? I got put in the queue last week and there was only around 45 in front of me

Sunday morning at 9 am I don't know if I was an instant or not but by the time I was back to my table the dealer I'd made the deal with was waving at me to come back and pick up my gun. Tomorrow we'll see for the next one. I'll be in the shop at 10 am when they open. That should do me until after 114 shakes out.

Sunday morning at 9 am I don't know if I was an instant or not but by the time I was back to my table the dealer I'd made the deal with was waving at me to come back and pick up my gun. Tomorrow we'll see for the next one. I'll be in the shop at 10 am when they open. That should do me until after 114 shakes out.
You sure? Because as you say, the right number is always "one more" and I'm certainly waiting with my finger on the proverbial trigger to make a purchase depending on results

I was placed in the 470's recently. Curious how slowly they're working through them these days.
It took me to the next day from that post. Then instead of field-stripping the gun when I was at my FFL, before I signed any paperwork, I waited until I got home and realized that the inside of the slide of this new 92FS is a warzone. I've reached out to Gunprime, but no response yet. And it's unlikely, from what I hear, that Beretta will address this.

I don't want to derail the thread though. Just a crappy weekend, with the M114 trial, to have this stuff happen.

You sure? Because as you say, the right number is always "one more" and I'm certainly waiting with my finger on the proverbial trigger to make a purchase depending on results
I've not got the next one planed just yet, hence the wait and see attitude. Nowhere did I say I was done buying guns and there is a couple of interest in the classifieds......

People getting in some more last minute purchases before the 114 hearing on Monday maybe? I got put in the queue last week and there was only around 45 in front of me
Yes, I saw this coming two weeks ago and snuck in one last purchase (honest). Get ready for another long queue as 114 litigation picks back up.

Unless it goes very awry and M114 is upheld and goes into effect immediately.
I don't think so, the Judge showed his hand by approving the injunction without exception. My bet is he keeps the injunction and it goes to trial, then the state goes back to the Sups and tries to get them to intervene again. This time I think they will. This will be a very long battle and will not be resolved soon. I would even bet that a bill gets passed with all of 114 in it before the court case for the measure gets resolved. Oregon is lost.

Another data point for the collective- found out that my last NICS check that went to the back of the queue for the first time ever for me, was due to the address being misspelled. Had another transfer today, and it was instant. So make sure your FFL gets that entry right! Back to being instant for now, so they are still out there! ;-).

PS I wouldn't be surprised if the state has added extra resources right now to the team processing background checks, as it would be a bad look for them if the queue got backed up again, right when the 114 trial was happening. So either they are putting more resources towards it, to keep the queue down, or we are failing at swamping it as we did last time.

Come on ladies and gentlemen- get to buying more guns while you can and swamp that queue. It would help us in the 114 fight. I also think many people, including gun friends of mine, are completely unaware that the trial started today. Get the word out!

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top