JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That seem to be true. Most instant approvals I see these days are for customers with uncommon names.
Yes, my name is very uncommon - first, middle (especially!) and last. Combine that with the fact that my first name is usually a feminine spelling and I am male, and that I put my SSN on the form and I usually get a quick approval. I've only had to wait for a few hours once or twice in Oregon.

Unusual name and CHL w/ SSN included....instant all the time even just 2 weeks ago. But my luck ran out on Tuesday when I got put in the queue for the very first time. 🤷‍♂️

I hope not. Luckily they honor the 3-day release (more like 5 days they say).

My question is, if they release it... then background check comes back denied cuz of incorrect entry, etc. What happens then?
"The Authorities" will being paying that person a visit to collect the firearm.

1686294922658.png

My question is, if they release it... then background check comes back denied cuz of incorrect entry, etc. What happens then?
OSP will usually call to verify info.

Occasionly they will just cancel the background check. If the FFL has already gave the transferee the firearm, under no response rule, then transferee is lucky. If transferee is denied for legal prohibitions then an effort may be made to retrieve the firearm by authorities.

Nah, the FFL probably messed up on spelling or something causing the delay, which "requires" a human to look at it. If they use my full middle name I require human input, but if they use my initial, it's an instant. If that's the case, 3 day release will be fine, assuming you didn't commit some other crime that you haven't disclosed.

Last Edited:

"The Authorities" will being paying that person a visit to collect the firearm.

View attachment 1434878
I think the talk out there about "Prohibited" people trying to buy firearms is way, WAY exaggerated.
No one ever mentions what the actual number is of people that are felons, that know they are felons, that try to buy guns. My bet is inconsequential.

I think the talk out there about "Prohibited" people trying to buy firearms is way, WAY exaggerated.
No one ever mentions what the actual number is of people that are felons, that know they are felons, that try to buy guns. My bet is inconsequential.
They also fail to mention that they still provide instant rejections.

Thinking about buying a hand gun from sportsman warehouse..
What's the word on buying from them right now?
I know they won't do the 3 day release but am worried about the que times.

There were 'only 611' people in the queue Saturday when I did a transfer. Made me lonely number 612. Assanine when I think about how many bg checks I've had to go through for my firearms purchases, CHL, and NFA items. Happens every time now when in the past I was instant approval

Yes, my name is very uncommon - first, middle (especially!) and last. Combine that with the fact that my first name is usually a feminine spelling and I am male, and that I put my SSN on the form and I usually get a quick approval. I've only had to wait for a few hours once or twice in Oregon.
This is absolutely true about uncommon names passing immediately.

Next to none, but they drag us all through it for their $10

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads