JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Attempted a purchase at Sportsmans Friday night, with a CHL I was thrown in the queue at 6600. Sportsmans advised it can take 2 months, but call back in a month to check progress. o_O

I was able to finally get my firearm from Sportsmans on Saturday. My approval was dropped from the queue and an associate had to call OSP, also had to refill out a 4473. So about a month and a half wait time.

Have you seen the newest 7743? I almost had to bring along my attorney to understand it! It has been changed yet again. At least this one did not ask if I was non-Binary.

So yesterday My wait was about 2 hours.

Another firearm arrived today and after 3.5 hours, not processed yet? WTH? I am supposed to leave on vacation tomorrow. (It did sit at the Troutdale FedEx for four days)

Also, my long time (15years) FFL is acting odd. The people at the counter are all new and have little idea what they are doing. I think 114 and other stuff has really hurt a lot of FFL's!

Looks like I am going to have to find a new FFL.

I have bought more guns in the last year, than in the last decade. The rules and expenses continue to make it difficult, and I want to stock up before I can no longer purchase a firearm.
3.5 hours? If it's like the shop I have been helping out they have two people helping customers doing background checks, doing ship out transfer, testing silver cup we knew wasn't silver but customer insisted it was, making buys, making loans, doing 5 ATF traces, answering phones, etc, etc, etc. 3.5 hours goes by really fast in shop time.

Have you seen the newest 7743? I almost had to bring along my attorney to understand it! It has been changed yet again. At least this one did not ask if I was non-Binary.

So yesterday My wait was about 2 hours.

Another firearm arrived today and after 3.5 hours, not processed yet? WTH? I am supposed to leave on vacation tomorrow. (It did sit at the Troutdale FedEx for four days)

Also, my long time (15years) FFL is acting odd. The people at the counter are all new and have little idea what they are doing. I think 114 and other stuff has really hurt a lot of FFL's!

Looks like I am going to have to find a new FFL.

I have bought more guns in the last year, than in the last decade. The rules and expenses continue to make it difficult, and I want to stock up before I can no longer purchase a firearm.
Its yes and all no's after, leave the last 2 blank......

I maybe having a revolver come down, via seller transporting it, to Portland area from Olympia, WA, so what is the status with FFLs now?

Still approving?

I usually get an instant approval about 98% of the time.
I would go with a 3(5) day ffl. That way there is no issue other than short delay if it's not an instant. Seller has piece of mind and buyer also.

OR passage of the new m114 bill is the elephant in the room. Personally I would assume it will be passed and then there are no surprises (unless it's a non instant and it is signed into law within the 3-5 day wait period).

Last Edited:
I maybe having a revolver come down, via seller transporting it, to Portland area from Olympia, WA, so what is the status with FFLs now?

Still approving?

I usually get an instant approval about 98% of the time.
Would suggest going to an FFL that does 3 day releases. The BGC system was switched to a new portal like a month ago, and some people who previously got instant approvals no longer do, but many still do. I've had two instant approvals since the new portal, so it's definitely still possible. Last I heard (couple weeks ago now) the queue was at around 10,000. It would be a lengthy wait without an instant approval or 3-day release.

So which FFL is a good choice for this transfer such that they are up to date/etc. with the new systems/processes so that the seller coming all the way from Olympia doesn't waste their time?

I am assuming someone near(ish) I-5 or 205 on the east side?

So which FFL is a good choice for this transfer such that they are up to date/etc. with the new systems/processes so that the seller coming all the way from Olympia doesn't waste their time?

I am assuming someone near(ish) I-5 or 205 on the east side?
Queue is less than 9000 deep now but Tigard Pawn is still doing no response releases so if you don't get instant approval, worse case is you'll have a week to wait.

The J&B Firearms crew also seem to really know what they're doing and a good choice.
Yes, J&B, A Cut Above and others are good on the west side, I was looking for something that is more convenient for someone traveling down from Olympia. Something along I-5 or 205 in Portland proper on the east side of the river. Otherwise I can fall back on Beaverton. I will maybe want an FFL that is willing to hold the revolver if the BGC/etc. is delayed as the seller surely won't want to hang around or make another long trip.

Thanks everybody.

I like the guys at J&B, but the last time I did a transfer there, about a month ago, it was $45 +$10 OSP; that's pretty steep compared to other options.
Dang, I hadn't realized it got that steep! Tbh I've only transferred out through them (that is, I was the seller) and didn't really stick around for the whole transaction to conclude.

I did it there, because it was the only Sunday option close to me, my default Tigard based pawn shop being closed…
Good convo with the guys working there, but per hour, there's ladies of the night providing cheaper conversational company.
Or so I'm told.

Yikes...

MK is now $55+10.

I found a different FFL for transfers. PPTs are completely off the table now for me.

RIP classifieds for me

MK tactical in Hillsboro. A local FFL I used for transfers and PPTs up until recently.

I know not as known and out of heretics way but since someone mentioned transfer fees figured id share for others in the AO.

MK tactical in Hillsboro. A local FFL I used for transfers and PPTs up until recently.

I know not as known and out of heretics way but since someone mentioned transfer fees figured id share for others in the AO.
Fwiw/fyi Tigard pawn for more was doing transfers for $30 total as of a month ago or so. 5 day transfer if not an instant. Great guys to work with Imo.

I will keep them in mind.

The FFL I found does transfers for $15+10

RYAN JUDY SPORTING GOODS
920 NW 8TH DR
HILLSBORO, OR 97124

(503) 260-8832

This is more for online orders tho.

To add to the threads topic: The last few BGC's i've had have been instants. Only time I have had to wait is when a clerk enters the wrong information.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top