JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you seen the newest 7743? I almost had to bring along my attorney to understand it! It has been changed yet again. At least this one did not ask if I was non-Binary.

So yesterday My wait was about 2 hours.

Another firearm arrived today and after 3.5 hours, not processed yet? WTH? I am supposed to leave on vacation tomorrow. (It did sit at the Troutdale FedEx for four days)

Also, my long time (15years) FFL is acting odd. The people at the counter are all new and have little idea what they are doing. I think 114 and other stuff has really hurt a lot of FFL's!

Looks like I am going to have to find a new FFL.

I have bought more guns in the last year, than in the last decade. The rules and expenses continue to make it difficult, and I want to stock up before I can no longer purchase a firearm.
Smart move. Permit system (state gun registry) is the scariest part for both wa and or imo. They will have a registry and can enforce anything they want for you to be able to continue to own that gun that is on the registry.

WA already has a law on the books for mandatory background check every year. Once they can put that in place WA folks will have to go to police station every year to continue to own a gun on the registry. Then it could be gun storage inspections in the home (such as in Europe) or who knows what. They could very easily make it so hard to comply with all the rules most people will have to turn in their gun (guns on the registry I mean).

Buying before the registry is in place is the most important thing Imo. 2nd is supporting the ones fighting this bs in court, Fe GOA, SAF, National shooting sports foundation (they have the bruen winning lawyer on their team).

The new default wait time is nearly 60 days if you get put in the queue. The numbers 11k, 12k, or 20k mean nothing as I was told. It goes by date.

The OSP are definitely slow walking the checks. No way they go from 1000s a checks daily to just a few hundred because it's hard. I can't imagine a check takes more that 2-3 mins tops.

You type in a name, birth date, social security number, driver license number and address and hit enter. What else could they possibly need to do?

The new default wait time is nearly 60 days if you get put in the queue. The numbers 11k, 12k, or 20k mean nothing as I was told. It goes by date.

The OSP are definitely slow walking the checks. No way they go from 1000s a checks daily to just a few hundred because it's hard. I can't imagine a check takes more that 2-3 mins tops.

You type in a name, birth date, social security number, driver license number and address and hit enter. What else could they possibly need to do?
Agreed. I think it's a political thing. Slowly removing the ability to purchase a firearm.
Already, the powers that be are making me feel like a criminal, just trying to purchase a firearm.

OK, here is an odd one. Looking for some answers.

Yesterday I took home a firearm purchase that took about two hours to clear. I have CHL. It was the First time I wasn't an instant approval.

I then immediately filled out another 7743 for a second pistol that had just arrived at the FFL. I was then set home. It was at a cut above. They were not busy. They did not ask for the $30 fee like they always do?
Today, my wife just got off the phone with them and they say they are so busy that they haven't entered it into the system yet, claim to be too busy. What's really going on?

OK, here is an odd one. Looking for some answers.

Yesterday I took home a firearm purchase that took about two hours to clear. I have CHL. It was the First time I wasn't an instant approval.

I then immediately filled out another 7743 for a second pistol that had just arrived at the FFL. I was then set home. It was at a cut above. They were not busy. They did not ask for the $30 fee like they always do?
Today, my wife just got off the phone with them and they say they are so busy that they haven't entered it into the system yet, claim to be too busy. What's really going on?
Any reason to doubt what they are telling you other than not visibly busy? Other than that only thing I can think of is maybe they are doing you a favor by delaying so they don't have to submit a report to atf (they have to send atf a report if same person buying 2 handguns in the same week). But that would be a full 7 day delay soas to not have to send atf a report, so that's a real long shot.

Any reason to doubt what they are telling you other than not visibly busy? Other than that only thing I can think of is maybe they are doing you a favor by delaying so they don't have to submit a report to atf (they have to send atf a report if same person buying 2 handguns in the same week). But that would be a full 7 day delay soas to not have to send atf a report, so that's a real long shot.
They were NOT busy.
I did not know about the report you say they have to send.
Why would they not tell me that?

I stopped buying a few years ago. No need to, no wants that I have found so far.
I digress:
So if I did go in to buy a firearm today in Oregon ( with CHL)
I am confused is the a wait? I mean other then a hour ?
Thanks.

I stopped buying a few years ago. No need to, no wants that I have found so far.
I digress:
So if I did go in to buy a firearm today in Oregon ( with CHL)
I am confused is the a wait? I mean other then a hour ?
Thanks.
If you get an instant, no wait. If you go in the que of death, two months.

If you get an instant, no wait. If you go in the que of death, two months.
Thank You.... Seems in a few short years, when from no private sales,( without FFL) to delayed sales with FFL.
Depressing, glad I do not need to go. But if I ever did this sucks now, feel like its gonna get worse.
Well be praying for those in court, have not been in NRA or others for awhile. Drained the bank in support over the years.
But think GOA looks like they are doing allot. Again Thanks.

Why would they not tell me that?
No ffls do. Not sure why but perhaps because in the past no one ever got visited by AFT. With new crazy atf there are some visits now but I still think the chances are minuscule if you look at the millions of guns sold per year it must be hundreds of thousands of times per year (guessing) where someone biys 2 handguns from the same ffl in a week.

No ffls do. Not sure why but perhaps because in the past no one ever got visited by AFT. With new crazy atf there are some visits now but I still think the chances are minuscule if you look at the millions of guns sold per year it must be hundreds of thousands of times per year (guessing) where someone biys 2 handguns from the same ffl in a week.
They have always tried to upsell another firearm while I was there for no BGC fee. But yeah maybe new ATF is crazier.

Do you mind if I ask who is your FFL?
I think I need a new one.
Unfortunately they'd probably rather I not. They've said for the most part don't do transfers anymore. In my case they only make an exception because I've been their customer for probably a decade now. When 114 was put on ice I asked if they were gonna go back to doing transfers, they said "for you ,we can."

Thanks. Looks like I have a new FFL.
I am not happy with a cut above. Especially since I have been a loyal customer for over a decade.
And now they are playing games.
Alan from ACAP here. Without putting you on blast, as you've done to us, I'd like to explain why it took 1 day longer than advised to pickup your firearm. We call in backgrounds, unlike most FFL's in Oregon, instead of inputting online. Most shops make you wait the 1-2 months, but we call them in. Sometimes OSP's phone line is backed up for hours. That particular day, call ins were taking 3+ hours and we were not able to call in all pending backgrounds. We were able to call yours in the next morning and you were able to take home 24 hours after filling out your form.

No games were played, but if you feel we did not go above and beyond, we're sad to lose you as a customer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top