JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing it's just the CHL queue that's at 5,xxx; doubt they've made so much progress in under a week.
I do have a CHL, but they didn't ask me for it. I also have a real ID CDL with hazmat endorsement. Since October 2022, 2 out of my last 4 were Instant. 2 were 72 hour wait. I thought they no long had a CHL line?

I do have a CHL, but they didn't ask me for it. I also have a real ID CDL with hazmat endorsement. Since October 2022, 2 out of my last 4 were Instant. 2 were 72 hour wait. I thought they no long had a CHL line?
It sounds like there's still a CHL queue but they're processing based on when you went into the queue (unless they switched back already), so someone with a CHL might go into the CHL queue today at 5,500 (or whatever it is now) and someone without a CHL buying at the same time might go into the full queue at 12,600 (or whatever it is now) but they'll be reviewed at basically the same time in maybe 30-ish+ days.

Instant approval on a CHL submittal yesterday (granted, I do have a unique name so I think that ties into it). Overheard the clerk tell someone else the queue for non-CHL was like 14,000 but I may have misheard.

Just got approval. Total wait time, apx 386 days. If anyone gets delayed, go directly to OSP headquarters (3565 Trelstad Ave SE
Salem, OR 97317). If you have paperwork in hand to clear up any questions about legal issues, it will expedite the process. After doing my own background check on myself, getting copies of citations, paying for notarized copies of my record, and hand delivering it to OSP I got approval in 10 minutes. It cost me about $50 in filing fees and postage, and snail mail took about 2 weeks total to get paperwork. Waiting for OSP to get back to me took over a year. If I just waited until they got it sorted out, it might've taken another year. I have plenty of guns and don't buy regularly, but I'm pretty sure I'm done buying guns in Oregon.

Just got approval. Total wait time, apx 386 days. If anyone gets delayed, go directly to OSP headquarters (3565 Trelstad Ave SE
Salem, OR 97317). If you have paperwork in hand to clear up any questions about legal issues, it will expedite the process. After doing my own background check on myself, getting copies of citations, paying for notarized copies of my record, and hand delivering it to OSP I got approval in 10 minutes. It cost me about $50 in filing fees and postage, and snail mail took about 2 weeks total to get paperwork. Waiting for OSP to get back to me took over a year. If I just waited until they got it sorted out, it might've taken another year. I have plenty of guns and don't buy regularly, but I'm pretty sure I'm done buying guns in Oregon.
Precess working as intended.

Well things seem to have changed. Again.. Went to my usual FFL to pick up a GB purchase and went into the queue at over 11k today. This is the first time since the BG check has been in place that I was not instant. I won't say how many I've cleared but it's more than most I'd wager. Today was a $h!tty day to begin with and that was the icing on the cake. I'll get it using the 3 day but I thought he was joking when he told me I went into the queue. I now feel your pain. My FFL said almost none of his regular and typically instant customers have been instant in the last week and the queue has exploded again.

I picked up a receiver this Tuesday and was put in at 11k for about 5 seconds, then poof cleared. Once again, no rhyme or reason to it

I picked up a receiver this Tuesday and was put in at 11k for about 5 seconds, then poof cleared. Once again, no rhyme or reason to it
I have had two purchases in the lat week, and both went into the queue for about 30 minutes then popped "instant". Two different FFLS. I think with the new system they changed how they handle the automation.

Just one more small incremental inconvenience to keep people from buying........slippery slope fallacy my bubblegum.

Same here. I haven't moved in the queue since Friday and I've been instant 100% of the time on pretty much a purchase a month since the system was put in place. The broken system is broken-er…
They probably input you information wrong.

They probably input you information wrong.
Normally I wouldn't say that's likely the case. In my experience, most dealers tend to be pretty careful about the correct forms and whatnot.

HOWEVER, on the receipt copy they gave me they did put my SSN rather than the gun's SN in the 'serial number' section. 🙄 Had to go back and make that correction. So I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the case...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top