JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A suppressor on a FAL... Its like you want to give me a heart attack. :(

I kind of like it!

My MP5 project is currently in Form 1 purgatory but I'm thinking that it's only logical to get a Form 4 on a can running concurrently so that the project will be completed sooner. Am I right? The tri lug barrel is practically wispering...."suppress me". :D

15173d1377793346-mp5-kac-navy-suppressor-hk-navy-supressor.jpg

A good .22 silencer as in a good one and a good 45 cal silencer and a good 30 cal will get you started.

That's right about what I was thinking - would really cover anything I have, save for the shotguns, but I don't know if I'm interested in putting a suppressor on those.

Any silencer in the 45 cal range is going to be loud too.
When I added the can to my FA MAC10-45 I thought it was going to be hollywood quiet, however that was not the case as you mention.

Something I observed recently. At DRRC a guy next to me had a .30 can on his AR10 and it sounded really quiet from where I was sitting, and my suppressed AR sounded much louder. He said my rifle sounded quieter than his, but then we realized from the shooting position we were getting some blowback sound out the ejection port making it sound much louder than those around us were experiencing.

Getting a chance to shoot those suppressed rifles pushed me over the edge. Before that, it was more of a curiosity. Seeing and shooting them in person, that's like giving the first hit of crack for free ;)

For me it wasn't just a hit of crack he gave me the whole damn thing. Its going to be a long 9-12 months before I get to shoot it. :(

Absolutely......as we get older......our biggest regrets are the things we didn't do....not the silly 200.00 for a stamp to own a suppressor. I was reading about a new suppressor that has interchangeable caliber's and only requires one stamp......cool idea but I use my .30 cal quick mount Gentech on ma 5.56 AR's with good results.
I have one of those multi caliber cans in jail(hoping to see it by mid summer).... Silencerco Hybrid46.... Rim fire is too dirty for it so I got a separate can that's good for for .17-.22wmr and 5.7...silencerco specter2... 2 tax stamps and I can hush everything up to and including 45-70. Although the money saved on tax stamps will be spent on all the different adapters that I'll need for the different threads, or qd system... all sold seperatly at a premium.

I have one of those multi caliber cans in jail(hoping to see it by mid summer).... Silencerco Hybrid46.... Rim fire is too dirty for it so I got a separate can that's good for for .17-.22wmr and 5.7...silencerco specter2... 2 tax stamps and I can hush everything up to and including 45-70. Although the money saved on tax stamps will be spent on all the different adapters that I'll need for the different threads, or qd system... all sold seperatly at a premium.

Got to shoot a Hybrid 46 recently. Nice can. A bit big/heavy for pistols, but a great choice for rifles. Definitely among my top choices for a rifle can.

Ya I'll have to get a separate can for pistols eventually, from what I've seen, It is a little tough to see over even with supressor sights, but It will at least suffice in the meantime. I'm mostly looking forward to working up subsonic 300 blackout loads. I got a chronograph for christmas so I can work them up to moving as fast as possible without breaking that barrier. should be an interesting endeavor.

The one suppressed gun I really want is an AK-9... But a suppressed 9x39 AR would do, until that comes in. I'm not changing now. You can't make me. :s0002:

I kind of like it!

My MP5 project is currently in Form 1 purgatory but I'm thinking that it's only logical to get a Form 4 on a can running concurrently so that the project will be completed sooner. Am I right? The tri lug barrel is practically wispering...."suppress me". :D

View attachment 426958
Guess I'm just a purist (optics are an exception due to eyesight). My Austrian FAL must have the original flash hider/grenade launcher on it. Just feels and looks wronf otherwise. :(

Personally, (until they are no longer a controlled or regulated item) I see suppressors as a waste of time and money.
They change the balance of everything I have shot and not to my liking, extend the length into unwieldy structures, require more fussing with than my firearm adding more than double the cleaning time, make holstering difficult to impossible without a special holster messing with my bill drills among others, and hook up on tree limbs when using a shoulder strapped rifle, exacerbate the already shameful, unpleasant and costly commerce of arms and components between law abiding citizens.

Unless I'm alone, others around usually don't have them so hearing protection are still required.

Pragmatically, A onetime 500 dollar purchase will buy a nice pair of both amplifying and noise suppressing ear buds that work very well in my opine and on all calibers I have, extremely comfortable, convenient and helpful, thanks to the volume controllable amplifier, I rarely remove them between line sessions any more. I even wear them hunting.
My Walkers (over a year old now) are rechargeable, will last all day, recharge in just a few hours.
I consider them well spent money and likely the best value in my box of tricks.
I wish I had them decades earlier.

Hey Bobo, what's wrong with a Suppressed FAL! What could be cooler then the bestest battle rifle of post WW2 wearing a can?
Especially propped up on the bipod and squirtin subsonic with the gas turned off! Neeto, and better then even the Legendary PSG-1 in the S.D.M. role! Tell me your kidding!:confused:

Hey Bobo, what's wrong with a Suppressed FAL! What could be cooler then the bestest battle rifle of post WW2 wearing a can?
Especially propped up on the bipod and squirtin subsonic with the gas turned off! Neeto, and better then even the Legendary PSG-1 in the S.D.M. role! Tell me your kidding!:confused:
You can't launch a rifle grenade with a suppressor. :cool::rolleyes: While the stoll device was designed to launch rifle grenades (of both NATO and non-NATO origin, they were neutral at this time), it also had a benefit of improving accuracy. Course new production FALs, do whatever.

Now a suppressed 9x39... If they start making AK barrels in that, or bring in 9x39 AKs, after it starts coming in that'll be a nice urban sniper. :cool:

The one suppressed gun I really want is an AK-9... But a suppressed 9x39 AR would do, until that comes in. I'm not changing now. You can't make me. :s0002:

Guess I'm just a purist (optics are an exception due to eyesight). My Austrian FAL must have the original flash hider/grenade launcher on it. Just feels and looks wronf otherwise. :(
Yeah we got it. You want a 9x39, a 9x39, a9x39.
What was it? Oh yeah a 9x39.
Or was it a 9x39? Lol.
Hope you get your wish hombre.:):):)

So do I. If they bring in soft points for it, I want to see how it does on gel.

The only thing better is if we could get the VSS Vintorez or AS VAL. Considering their barrels have integrated suppressors though, don't think that'll happen. So... One step at a time? :confused:

Personally, (until they are no longer a controlled or regulated item) I see suppressors as a waste of time and money.
They change the balance of everything I have shot and not to my liking, extend the length into unwieldy structures, require more fussing with than my firearm adding more than double the cleaning time, make holstering difficult to impossible without a special holster messing with my bill drills among others, and hook up on tree limbs when using a shoulder strapped rifle, exacerbate the already shameful, unpleasant and costly commerce of arms and components between law abiding citizens.

Unless I'm alone, others around usually don't have them so hearing protection are still required.

Pragmatically, A onetime 500 dollar purchase will buy a nice pair of both amplifying and noise suppressing ear buds that work very well in my opine and on all calibers I have, extremely comfortable, convenient and helpful, thanks to the volume controllable amplifier, I rarely remove them between line sessions any more. I even wear them hunting.
My Walkers (over a year old now) are rechargeable, will last all day, recharge in just a few hours.
I consider them well spent money and likely the best value in my box of tricks.
I wish I had them decades earlier.
You're a man speaking my language. I agree. I have a pr. of peltor rechargeable earbuds. They work great. They diffuse the sound down to a wisper. They cost about what a tax stamp does. And I own them now and they work for everyone of my firearms.

You're a man speaking my language. I agree. I have a pr. of peltor rechargeable earbuds. They work great. They diffuse the sound down to a wisper. They cost about what a tax stamp does. And I own them now and they work for everyone of my firearms.

...and have a cool rating of zero. :D

E

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews