JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All I'm seeing from shot show 2018 is all these new and established companies releasng a bunch of nice and new suppressors.
My problem with this is nothing has changed about the process of how to obtain one.
I can only speak for myself and most of my gun loving and shooting friends, that the whole $200 tax stamp B.S. has to end.
I am unwilling to go out and spend anywhere from $500 to $1000 to buy one of these very nice all be it over priced items. And then pay our government another $200 in taxes and then wait for 9mons to a year to take possession.
Maybe some of the companys selling these items should lobby for the hearing protection act that was taken off the table after the LasVegas shootings.
The concaled cary reciprocal act managed to continue on but not the HPA. WTF?
Anyone else feel the same?

Yeah I'm holding off to see what happens with the HPA, bit honestly have not been following the process. Too busy with work and other aspects of life.

Yeah I'm holding off to see what happens with the HPA, bit honestly have not been following the process. Too busy with work and other aspects of life.
I hear you on the busy part. But shooting and guns are a major part of my life. So these things matter. A suppressed weapon would definitely enhance my shooting pleasure.
I have tinnitus from working around very loud wood working machinery for the last 40 yrs. So anything that reduces the loud factor is much appreciated.

I was thinking the same thing. Recently decided to bite the bullet after shooting my tikka with @v0lcom13sn0w suppressor on it.
Now I don't think I can live without one :confused:
pleasant to shoot in more than just the hearing aspect. recoil is highly reduced making it less likely to anticipate it which in turn can cause a guy to jump on a trigger pretty hard.

atleast, ive noticed my groups tighten up since ive owned it.

to the OP, yes. waiting for your permission slip from the govt is horse excrement.

If you had been following it, you'd know that the HPA died in 2015.

The same language was put into the SHARE act, which is quickly flatlining.

You don't want to pay the tax for a suppressor? Fine, lol. Who cares? The market isn't driven by people who don't. It's driven by people who DO.

I pushed a couple can orders through at the end of last year. I too am busy but figured it's not going to be any less busy this year. I took the plunge knowing it takes time and money for something you aren't going to play with for a while. Might as well order it, pay for it, and (try to) forget about. Then one day you will have an awesome surprise phone call saying come get me!

After vegas hillary sent this tweet...

2349F13F-4145-4305-95CF-CF2414378633-1391-0000027BF11FE107_tmp.jpg

a supressor wouldn't have stopped the sonic crack, and even with the sound of gunfire the crowd had no idea what was happening, what to do, or where to go. We know it, anybody with a knowledge in the way sound travels knows it... Hillary herself probably knows it... But she's never been one to let the something as dissmisable for her as the truth get in the way of furthering her agenda.

I'm still waiting on my first can. Just a .22 suppressor. Right now the wait for an Individual Form 4 application is estimated at about 5 months. I'm sitting at 4. I'm getting antsy, but I plan to buy more.

While I find the 200 tax and restrictions on suppressors and the NFA in general to be rather stupid and pointless, I wouldn't count on anything changing anytime soon. Trump cares nothing of your gun rights and the Republicans have largely gone soft on them as well since the last few mass shootings.

Furthermore, the Democrats will more than likely pick up some seats in the next midterm elections making it further unlikely that any pro 2A legislation will get passed for the foreseable future.

Anyone wishing to get into NFA items, might as well just pony up and deal with it. Or not, if you feel that way about it. I could always be wrong, but that's just my 2 cents.

After vegas hillary sent this tweet...

View attachment 426632

a supressor wouldn't have stopped the sonic crack, and even with the sound of gunfire the crowd had no idea what was happening, what to do, or where to go. We know it, anybody with a knowledge in the way sound travels knows it... Hillary herself probably knows it... But she's never been one to let the something as dissmisable for her as the truth get in the way of furthering her agenda.
The problem is always the panic. Whether there was sound or not, people panic when stuff like that happens, and its the panic that gets them killed.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can really do to counter the panic. Politicians know this (or probably do), but others generally don't so they believe the nonsense.

Indeed. I wonder how bad that industry wants zero restrictions on cans. A "$500" can would instantly be a $100 can.
They are not your friend/
To me that's a win win situation.
But you do have a valid point. What's the motivation for the companys that manufacture the cans?
What they lose in cost per unit might be made up in volume of sales?

Word from reliable source is the bill was sabotaged by the inclusion of the reciprocal fee payback. It would cost millions to pay back all the previous tax-stamp fees. The pols will never pass it as is. Best to write a new bill and try again. I don't care about getting my money back...everybody should be shooting suppressed for their earnings sake ( too late for me). That's the important thing. In NZ you can buy them in every hardware store.

Life is short I'm going to buy what I want to hell with the government. Plus once you go down that rabbit hole there is no coming back. :rolleyes:
Absolutely......as we get older......our biggest regrets are the things we didn't do....not the silly 200.00 for a stamp to own a suppressor. I was reading about a new suppressor that has interchangeable caliber's and only requires one stamp......cool idea but I use my .30 cal quick mount Gentech on ma 5.56 AR's with good results.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top